Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

Ich gebe auf.... 

Mein scheiß K100 geht zurück zu Amazon. Mit einer Empfehlung den Dreck nicht mehr zu verkaufen. 

Meine neue wird eine Racer... 

Wenn der Corsair-Support ja mal vernünftig und reagieren würde, hätte ich mehr Geduld. ABER 5 Monate keine Lösung ist in meinen Augen schon Betrug am Kunden. 

Corsair hat mich als kunde für immer verloren. 

Edited by GermanBernd
  • Like 1

I've been in this business for a very long time now and have had numerous Corsair products over the years. All in all, I like their products and in my eyes, it's the kind of brand I expect quality products from with lots of innovation and smart tech.

What I'm not equally impressed by is their customer service and support. I just don't get it, why are they so unresponsive and how can they carry on with the business with this lacking customer support for such a long time. I just don't get it.

With that said, I suppose I'm one of those who make it possible by continue investing my money into their products even when I know I shouldn't expect to get any help if I run into issues.

Luckily, I so far haven't suffered from this freezing issue with the K100 Air people are discussing here. Not sure if that is because I very recently bought the keyboard and was lucky enough to have it come with a more recent firmware version. Where the issue has already been addressed. Or maybe because I'm only using it with the wired connection? If the issue is related to what connection method you're using.

I submitted a support ticket where I was asking why it reports the firmware version check fails when I just got the keyboard. This was probably like a week ago. Where the automatic response I got back said I should expect an answer within the next 48 hours IIRC. Still haven't heard a thing. Not urgent in my case since I luckily don't have any issues. Still, when buying a product in this price range in particular as others already pointed out, it should be nothing but a smooth experience all the way with zero issues.

Truly sad how a company with so many good products lack so bad when it comes to what is usually the most important thing for any business, taking good care of their customers. I'm working with Customer Success for another big US company professionally and let me assure you, if we would treat our customers in this way, wow...just the thought of it make me shiver what the result would be. Just ignoring those who pay your salaries.

Since I've sadly seen this for so many years now, I don't expect anything to change anytime soon I'm sorry to say. Still felt like "ventilating" my thoughts a bit.

Have a good weekend every one in here and for those facing issues with the keyboard, I hope you'll get it fixed one way or the other and sooner rather than later. Or if not, simply return the product and clearly state the reason for it, how you get zero support from the manufacturer. Maybe that is the only thing that will bite in the end.

2 hours ago, Corsair Art said:

Hi,

Do you currently have a ticket open? DM it to me, please.

Art,

Isnt about a ticket, is about all Corsair K100 keyboards, the issue started to happen months ago and still happening, if you roll back here on the answers we already did a lot of troubleshooting! Please, fix this firmware. or at least make available an older firmware for us.

I updated to the latest firmware a few days ago, and have been having multiple disconnects a session since.  I just had two in a 10 minute time span that prompted me to come here.  I hear the usb disconnect sound, it seems to lock in whatever input I was doing at the time (strafe key while in a game, I keep strafing but can't do anything else etc), and then anywhere from 3 to 10 seconds later I'll hear the reconnect sound and after another 2 seconds I'm back to normal.  If it keeps up at this pace of multiple times a session I will have to stop using it.

Very disappointing when I was just here a month or two ago with the ghost typing.  That is sorted now with turning off the macro wheel but here we are again.  =(

On 4/28/2023 at 10:46 AM, WebMaximus said:

I've been in this business for a very long time now and have had numerous Corsair products over the years. All in all, I like their products and in my eyes, it's the kind of brand I expect quality products from with lots of innovation and smart tech.

What I'm not equally impressed by is their customer service and support. I just don't get it, why are they so unresponsive and how can they carry on with the business with this lacking customer support for such a long time. I just don't get it.

With that said, I suppose I'm one of those who make it possible by continue investing my money into their products even when I know I shouldn't expect to get any help if I run into issues.

Luckily, I so far haven't suffered from this freezing issue with the K100 Air people are discussing here. Not sure if that is because I very recently bought the keyboard and was lucky enough to have it come with a more recent firmware version. Where the issue has already been addressed. Or maybe because I'm only using it with the wired connection? If the issue is related to what connection method you're using.

I submitted a support ticket where I was asking why it reports the firmware version check fails when I just got the keyboard. This was probably like a week ago. Where the automatic response I got back said I should expect an answer within the next 48 hours IIRC. Still haven't heard a thing. Not urgent in my case since I luckily don't have any issues. Still, when buying a product in this price range in particular as others already pointed out, it should be nothing but a smooth experience all the way with zero issues.

Truly sad how a company with so many good products lack so bad when it comes to what is usually the most important thing for any business, taking good care of their customers. I'm working with Customer Success for another big US company professionally and let me assure you, if we would treat our customers in this way, wow...just the thought of it make me shiver what the result would be. Just ignoring those who pay your salaries.

Since I've sadly seen this for so many years now, I don't expect anything to change anytime soon I'm sorry to say. Still felt like "ventilating" my thoughts a bit.

Have a good weekend every one in here and for those facing issues with the keyboard, I hope you'll get it fixed one way or the other and sooner rather than later. Or if not, simply return the product and clearly state the reason for it, how you get zero support from the manufacturer. Maybe that is the only thing that will bite in the end.

customer service is rubbish...
their engineers are to be fired immediately, they are not able to fix their firmware on hardware created by them.
the saddest thing in all this that they keep releasing new hardware, not giving a damn about the customer who pays their salary.
but the real fault is ours that we buy their products.

• Corsair Employee
On 4/28/2023 at 12:18 PM, BusPilot said:

Art,

Isnt about a ticket, is about all Corsair K100 keyboards, the issue started to happen months ago and still happening, if you roll back here on the answers we already did a lot of troubleshooting! Please, fix this firmware. or at least make available an older firmware for us.

I believe you can get older firmware files from our support team, go ahead and open up a ticket and I'll get it looked at.

-Art

16 hours ago, Corsair Art said:

I believe you can get older firmware files from our support team, go ahead and open up a ticket and I'll get it looked at.

-Art

hi, can you kindly tell your colleague that she forgot to send me the prepaid label.
RMA number #2006131769

Thank you

17 hours ago, Corsair Art said:

-Art

Can't you get in contact with your support team and provide a download link or an archive to older firmwares in this thread? It isn't really a good idea to tell people to contact the support team individually, this could lead to a mass amount of spam for the support team and for yourself as well where they need to answer the same everytime and I don't even want to mention any procedures this requests need to ge through. On top of that it would also lead to more negative feedback if anyone who gets in contact with the support doesn't get an answer in time, even if they want to push it through you, there the question is how fast do you push it and how fast does the support team react to it.

This problem goes on for way to long and people don't want to wait any longer, so just help everyone a little by providing a link to older firmwares that is public accessible. And please don't complicate the tiniest hope to get this resolved for a lot of people, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Szene said:

Can't you get in contact with your support team and provide a download link or an archive to older firmwares in this thread? It isn't really a good idea to tell people to contact the support team individually, this could lead to a mass amount of spam for the support team and for yourself as well where they need to answer the same everytime and I don't even want to mention any procedures this requests need to ge through. On top of that it would also lead to more negative feedback if anyone who gets in contact with the support doesn't get an answer in time, even if they want to push it through you, there the question is how fast do you push it and how fast does the support team react to it.

This problem goes on for way to long and people don't want to wait any longer, so just help everyone a little by providing a link to older firmwares that is public accessible. And please don't complicate the tiniest hope to get this resolved for a lot of people, thanks.

Thats exactly my point, please provide the link then we can just download a older firmware that is actually working! please.

• Corsair Employee
6 hours ago, Szene said:

Nope,

That would lead into people on here and all over online attempting to reflash incorrect coolers and possibly bricking them.

-Art

6 hours ago, Corsair Art said:

Nope,

That would lead into people on here and all over online attempting to reflash incorrect coolers and possibly bricking them.

-Art

Who is talking about coolers?
Just provide one or two firmware versions for the K100. Please correct me, but shouldn't there be a safe check before updating a firmware, to prevent users from installing a firmware for a different product? If something like this isn't implemented in iCue please forward it as a suggestion, could help prevent these issues you mentioned.

Didnt knew the k100 was a faulty keyboard and a faulty cooler at the same time! 

Trully revolucionary products! 

Support team didn't give me a solution in 3 months of back and forth other than trying to reset the keyboard even asking directly for a firmware downgrade

• Like 1

4 hours ago, serfi said:

Didnt knew the k100 was a faulty keyboard and a faulty cooler at the same time! 

Trully revolucionary products! 

Support team didn't give me a solution in 3 months of back and forth other than trying to reset the keyboard even asking directly for a firmware downgrade

it's been faulty since October of 2022, that's when I purchased mine.  I was going crazy, thinking it was my system for months, countless of time spending troubleshooting my system,  Corsair  support, just wanted me to reset.  changed to a different keyboard Jan. and I couldn't be happier.  if you want a stress free experience.  get rid of the keyboard!

We need some tech YouTubers shedding s light over it. Is unacceptable the lack of information and the time that the issue is taking to be solved. Maybe Linus Tech Tips or Gamer Nexus can make a video about it. It’s a shame.

3 hours ago, BusPilot said:

We need some tech YouTubers shedding s light over it. Is unacceptable the lack of information and the time that the issue is taking to be solved. Maybe Linus Tech Tips or Gamer Nexus can make a video about it. It’s a shame.

I just gave a report of this 10 month long issue to LTT in their submissions forum. Might not go anywhere, but it's adding visibility of the issue to another tech board. Spread the word.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 6:59 AM, Edelan said:

I had 1.9.26 since release on my K100, I didn't have any problems at all.

Updated to 1.13.53 this morning. Have had a disconnect every hour on the hour give or take 2-3 minutes in either direction.

• I've tried changing color profiles/murals, moving things around and resizing the keyboard on the mural tab.
  • I have two USB devices connected ... my Virtuoso headset and the K100.
  • Keyboard is in the same USB slots it's always been in with no problems being experienced on the 1.9.26 firmware.
  • Polling is set as it always has been at 1000 Hz/1 ms.

It usually takes 3-5 seconds for the input to recover once the reconnect occurs.

It's only been a few (7) hours today and I'm already getting tired of the hourly disconnects in the middle of typing and gaming. I knew I should have waited to see if this would be recalled like the 1.11 ... but here I am. Can I please get a link to the 1.9.26 firmware so I can rollback?

Just as an update as I'm typing this ... since bringing up the iCue software to check polling and so forth, my disconnects are roughly e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶u̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.  ... more like every 2-4 minutes now. Guess I'll reboot and go pull my K60 out of the closet until I can rollback the firmware.

Man..... If you weren't having any issues you should have left the firmware alone.  I have also learned the hard way NEVER to update firmware for Corsair products that are working properly.  No matter how much iCue continues to beg you to do so. Just ignore it.  I have even stopped updating the iCue software as well (since all my current products are working).  I used to update iCue, and all it would do is break everything, usually for a feature update to a product I don't even own.

I'm on iCue 4.23.137 (about 12 months old I think) and my K100 OPX firmware is currently version 0.33.265 (It's so old I have never seen any other users mention this version) and that is they way it is staying.  Corsair iCue can keep begging me to update but it is a hard NO from me.  Honestly, I just wish there was a way I could stop iCue from pestering me to do updates.