Corsair Community

Equalizer not working in Icue

yes win11 22h2 broke every possible fix, so now it's no longer working at all.

Seems to me Corsair just loves to break whatever still works, or is it Microsoft, they sure can blame each other for everything.

• Like 1

TEMP SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME 100% ( I also think that this is 10x better)

Ok since there are so many people experiencing this issue I though to try one last ditch effort with something I don't even know how to use, yes it is ridiculous that this has to be done when Corsair/Microsoft should have had this delt with by now given the insane push for Windows 11, but anyway ******** the stock software it was garbage anyway, so lets use open source, download Equalizer APO  here https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ and the UI improvement Peace Equalizer here https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/

You don't even need to open the first one (besides from installing it of course) then install Peace and choose either simple or advanced (I used advanced so this is what I will use for reference) once in the application it may seem overwhelming at first but lets start by opening ICUE and going to the equalizer, if you want to copy your profile as best you can (made better my case with a little tweaking), now look at the graph, you can hover over the dots to see what decibel levels they are and on the bottom is their respected frequencies. Ok now that you know what that is lets get that into Peace. on the top there are frequencies some are the same as ICUE some are different, but that doesn't matter you can change it anyway all the frequencies can be changed, to stick with my profile that I liked I went like this from let to right 8 16 32 64 125 250 500 1000 2000 4000 8000 16000 20000 21000 22000. Now the sliders should match the frequencies in ICUE, and even more advanced than it. Now remember the decibel dots from earlier match those with the sliders. Boom your done, you can adjust everything else according to your liking, and you can even make different profiles and hotkey them, and even choose you specific headset and get a preset specific to that headset. It went right over ICUE and windows mains this as an equalizer instead of ICUE, at least that is what I think it is doing. I am not be  any means an expert at this this, it is my first time touching this level of equalizer software ever, I just wrote exactly what I did to help people.

Hope that helps someone

• Like 1

On 29.9.2022 at 06:52, usaf46270 said:

Funktioniert auch nach dem neusten Update immer noch nicht. Befolgte Anweisungen zum T und funktioniert immer noch nicht. Gute Arbeit Korsar!

Auch nach allen Updates geht es immer noch nicht. Aber würde es das Problem immer  noch geben wen ich Windows 10 wider installiere.  

Well, seeing corsair breaks after just an update makes me not to buy any corsair product ever again. Bought my headphones 5 months ago as first ever corsair product but i'm already regreting it. The software is just even worse, it's good if it's even starts after i clicked on it 10 times. This company is disappointing not gonna lie.

19 hours ago, Soufiane974 said:

I had the same problem and I solved it by rolling back the 22H2 update (5 min to solve it). 

Try the instructions on this youtube video to rollback the 22H2 update : 

I rather wait until Corsair decide to update (or make better things). Found a better alternative the meanwhile than iCUE. Thanks anyway.

Edited by ihateyou666
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Soufiane974 said:

I had the same problem and I solved it by rolling back the 22H2 update (5 min to solve it). 

Thanks, this one worked for me!

• Like 1

The same thing happened with my Void Elite Wireless Headset.
Corsair, let's pay attention to this evolution of the Win 11 system, to have better drivers for its users...
"ALO after sales"

Brazil PT-BR

Aconteceu a mesma coisa com o meu Headset Void Elite Wireless.
Corsair vamos nos atentar a este evolução do sistema Win 11, para ter drivers melhores, para os seus usuários...
"ALO pós venda"

Edited by DiGaO_BR

On 10/6/2022 at 5:15 PM, Soufiane974 said:

hey i deleted the windows.old file how do i got back then ???

Is this currently being worked on by Corsair support?  I'm not seeing much on this thread indicating that it's a known issue.  Rolling back to an older version of Windows isn't exactly a fix when you're dealing with a high end headset.

2 hours ago, jdapena said:

Is this currently being worked on by Corsair support?  I'm not seeing much on this thread indicating that it's a known issue.  Rolling back to an older version of Windows isn't exactly a fix when you're dealing with a high end headset.

I have open ticket and shared with them it affects both intel and amd so it's not the sst solution, and they said they will look into it. After some researching and some info that another user here shared, it seems this is not just limited to Corsair either apparently other brands are having the same problem.

12 hours ago, ihateyou666 said:

Not to mention that everything else works fine. Only iCUE what not works at all. Kinda weird then, isn't it?

It depends I 've read some brands have issues, like razer and steelseries, could have been a different issue though. However Logitech isn't one of them i bought the Pro X Wireless and the EQ and virtual surround in GHub works fine. The issue with Corsair is that they probably haven't updated their drivers and software to implement the new APIs for Audio Processing Objects, that were weren't turned on until the 22H2 update. More info on it in this post 

• Corsair Employee

Hey Everyone, wanted to chime in here and some of the other threads.  As you all know, the recent update to Windows 11 (2H22) has affected audio functionality for CORSAIR headsets, as well as extending throughout the industry to a broader audience, which was mentioned above.  We are aware of this issue, and our Dev Team is working on an internal solution to regain full functionality.  Once a solution is identified and validated by our internal teams, we'll provide an update as soon as possible.  Some of you are understandably frustrated with the situation, but we want to to encourage the community to remain respectful to other members that provide alternative solutions while a more permanent fix is implemented.

Thank you @Soufiane974 for providing instructions on how to perform a rollback.  While this may not be the most ideal workaround, it should work temporarily until we provide an update.

On 10/6/2022 at 8:15 AM, Soufiane974 said:

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 9:52 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Hey Everyone, wanted to chime in here and some of the other threads.  As you all know, the recent update to Windows 11 (2H22) has affected audio functionality for CORSAIR headsets, as well as extending throughout the industry to a broader audience, which was mentioned above.  We are aware of this issue, and our Dev Team is working on an internal solution to regain full functionality.  Once a solution is identified and validated by our internal teams, we'll provide an update as soon as possible.  Some of you are understandably frustrated with the situation, but we want to to encourage the community to remain respectful to other members that provide alternative solutions while a more permanent fix is implemented.

Thank you @Soufiane974 for providing instructions on how to perform a rollback.  While this may not be the most ideal workaround, it should work temporarily until we provide an update.

Hello,

While I completely agree with the respect that should reign on this forum, this topic was opened on April 4, 2022.  It is only this Wednesday, October 19, that is to say 6 months after, that a representative of Corsair comes to announce to us that this problem is known by the development team and that they work on its resolution. It is therefore quite understandable that we are annoyed. As for me, I have tried everything, spent hours of research and testing and 6 months later, still nothing has been resolved? If your development teams would anticipate the side effects of the next Windows update (by testing ICUE on a Windows Insider machine), we wouldn't be here. Thank you for proposing a resolution as soon as possible, at the risk of losing customers because of your lack of seriousness and reactivity on this issue! 6 months without an equalizer is a long time!

• Like 1