Corsair Community

Equalizer not working in Icue

• Corsair Employee
3 hours ago, tigerblue77 said:

Hello,

While I completely agree with the respect that should reign on this forum, this topic was opened on April 4, 2022.  It is only this Wednesday, October 19, that is to say 6 months after, that a representative of Corsair comes to announce to us that this problem is known by the development team and that they work on its resolution. It is therefore quite understandable that we are annoyed. As for me, I have tried everything, spent hours of research and testing and 6 months later, still nothing has been resolved? If your development teams would anticipate the side effects of the next Windows update (by testing ICUE on a Windows Insider machine), we wouldn't be here. Thank you for proposing a resolution as soon as possible, at the risk of losing customers because of your lack of seriousness and reactivity on this issue! 6 months without an equalizer is a long time!

Yes the topic was started in April, but as you pointed out the issue propagated in a Windows Insider build at the time.  Insider builds are for lack of a better term, Beta, and it is not definitive if the same issues will remain in the live release or will be resolved prior.  It's for this reason we can't guarantee full functionality on Insider builds.  The official launch of 2H22 started rolling out much more recent (4 weeks ago).  I can't provide specifics about our development and testing processes, but we are working towards a solution for our customers, and will provide an update once available

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Corsair Nick

I don't know if help.... but before the 22H2 (I was not Insider) and I had the same issue of Equalizer not changing anything in the Audio, I did one reset in the Win Audio settings like Enhancement and virtual sound... put all to off and my VOID start to work again. 

It was working even on the update 22H2.... but now, after few weeks, not working anymore.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
On 10/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, LeLoT3 said:

Hello @Corsair Nick

I don't know if help.... but before the 22H2 (I was not Insider) and I had the same issue of Equalizer not changing anything in the Audio, I did one reset in the Win Audio settings like Enhancement and virtual sound... put all to off and my VOID start to work again. 

It was working even on the update 22H2.... but now, after few weeks, not working anymore.

The EQ in iCUE will not function if Enhancement and Sonic Virtual Sound are enabled via Windows, and is the intended behavior.

If you enable Sonic Virtual Surround, the EQ should disappear in iCUE, and display the following message:

image.png.77cd6b75c9462df69359ee82590cfcff.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corsair Nick said:

The EQ in iCUE will not function if Enhancement and Sonic Virtual Sound are enabled via Windows, and is the intended behavior.

If you enable Sonic Virtual Surround, the EQ should disappear in iCUE, and display the following message:

image.png.77cd6b75c9462df69359ee82590cfcff.png

I know that.... I was just giving my previous exp. That before, I had this issue and that was the cause hehehehe..

But now with the 22h2 clean install it's happening, and I never used those windows options.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but i made an account JUST to talk about these issues... i've had issues from day 1 with the EQ on the Virtuoso SE headset, and this isn't the first time i've had to fix Ique in order to attempt to get it working. In the past i was able to fix it, but with this Win11 update not one of the old fix's are working.

I've Tried:

- Disabling and enabling options with windows and the headset (changing windows Audio enhancements etc etc etc)
- Reinstalling Ique / Removing Ique files from regedit and the install directories and did clean boot.
- Re pairing the Devices based on a response from a Corsair reps post.
- disabling all other inputs / outputs so there is only the single device.
- running things in admin and using compatibility mode's
- double checking everything including software is up to date on everything. (it always is)
- changing headset to wired mode / wireless mode back and forth, while also messing with the audio Enhancements again.
- changed USB spots plugging directly into the Mobo and repeated all other attempts.

is this the part that i need to start jumping on 1 leg? maybe get a lamb and start chanting something satanic?
i normally don't like to "make waves" but this is honestly very frustrating... i spent 5k on this brand new all Corsair Rig and the Virtuoso SE headset has been drama since opening the box, but hey... if i do the satanic chanting at least i have some lights to set the mood.

i hope we will see a fix soon.

• Like 1

I wonder why you suggest to revert the Windows Update?

Microsoft wont revert their update for a non-working equalizer from corsair. And I haven't heard of other problems.

So the only solution seems to me, that you adapt your software to work with 22H2 Windows version, or am I missing something here?

• Corsair Employee
On 10/30/2022 at 12:46 AM, OSOROS said:

I wonder why you suggest to revert the Windows Update?

Microsoft wont revert their update for a non-working equalizer from corsair. And I haven't heard of other problems.

So the only solution seems to me, that you adapt your software to work with 22H2 Windows version, or am I missing something here?

This is offered as a suggested workaround, and not a permanent fix.  We are working on an internal solution for an upcoming iCUE update, and will provide more details once available.  Don't have any hard dates right now, but we'll announce it as soon as we have information to share.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

This is offered as a suggested workaround, and not a permanent fix.  We are working on an internal solution for an upcoming iCUE update, and will provide more details once available.  Don't have any hard dates right now, but we'll announce it as soon as we have information to share.

Thank you for your answer. 

I misunderstood the last answer and appreciate your workaround.

• Like 1

Please fix this.  I came from a HS70 wireless and "upgraded" to HS80 wireless and EQ is now not working.  I go back to using my HS70's then it works fine.  I can't believe this is an issue that only got recognized as an issue 6 months later.  These headphones are not cheap by any means.  In general, I like corsair products but this is the first time I had to create an account just to get more comments on this topic so Corsair pays attention to this issue.  

Also, I've read the previous possible solutions to this EQ issue, and I do not feel as a consumer I should be doing these "fixes" in order for a product to work as advertised.  

PLEASE FIX EQ issue!

• Corsair Employee

Got a big and exciting update for all of you.  We are releasing the latest version of iCUE (v4.30.162) which has a fix for this issue.  Appreciate the patience while we worked to get this out to you.  You should begin getting a prompt in your iCUE app to update soon, or you can download separately through the link below once available.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Please let us know your feedback if this behavior persists after performing the update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Got a big and exciting update for all of you.  We are releasing the latest version of iCUE (v4.30.162) which has a fix for this issue.  Appreciate the patience while we worked to get this out to you.  You should begin getting a prompt in your iCUE app to update soon, or you can download separately through the link below once available.

Please let us know your feedback if this behavior persists after performing the update.

Had to connect my Virtuoso to the computer by usb-C for it to take effect but update seems to have fixed it. Thank you.

Hi @Corsair Nick, thank you for your feedback. 

But now I got a new issue , I can't update my iCue from 4.28.177 from to 4.30.162. 

I tried 2 methods : 

• Updating via iCue directy : failed (see first screenshot)
  • Uninstalling first and reinstall the 4.30.162 : failed because unable to remove the old corsair version (see second screenshot)

Icue Updating.png

uninstalling.png

22 minutes ago, Soufiane974 said:

Hi @Corsair Nick, thank you for your feedback. 

But now I got a new issue , I can't update my iCue from 4.28.177 from to 4.30.162. 

I tried 2 methods : 

• Updating via iCue directy : failed (see first screenshot)
  • Uninstalling first and reinstall the 4.30.162 : failed because unable to remove the old corsair version (see second screenshot)

Icue Updating.png

uninstalling.png

Edit : solved by following these instructions 

17 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Daaamnnn !! Finally !! It feels so good hearing back my "Max bass boost" equalizer OMG !! Thanks Corsair !

image.png.a6950555aeae6822fb42fb99847eadf2.png

On 11/9/2022 at 12:08 AM, Corsair Nick said:

I was really happy with this Update, had big hopes...

I did the update and my equalizer still not showing difference in my Audio (all mods in the Win11 Audio Settings are OFF).

Tried to use the modify to repair the  installation and still not working... what should I do next??

16 hours ago, LeLoT3 said:

I was really happy with this Update, had big hopes...

I did the update and my equalizer still not showing difference in my Audio (all mods in the Win11 Audio Settings are OFF).

Tried to use the modify to repair the  installation and still not working... what should I do next??

Hello,

You have to use "Default device effects", like this (in french) :

image.thumb.png.186a9887079e1a258d35c99b3cd730a6.png

Then you will see it detects "Corsair Audio Output Effects" just like me. It may need a reboot, I don't know.

Edited by tigerblue77

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dozer84 said:

Still having the problem that equalizer is not woring with my HS80 on WIN10!!!

Habe made a clean uninstall of Icue and updated the headphones and the software to newest version. What can I do? 

Am very close to send them back:(

I think that you should open a case. This issue is only about W11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 11:55 AM, baker said:

Does anyone have a solution for this for people still on windows 10?

Upgrade iCUE and updateWindows 10 🙂 

3 hours ago, baker said:

yep I did that before I came into the forums.

Some things in iCUE work,  The mic sidetone balance works.

EQ does nothing. I think i will  just use Dolby atmos or some other program for Equalizer. 

What headset do you have ? Maybe try a clean install of iCUE ?