Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

at what speed are they running? seems pretty high. Or is that happening at any speed you set them at?

At high speed you may hear resonances when fans are at almost the same speeds but not quite.

6 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

at what speed are they running? seems pretty high. Or is that happening at any speed you set them at?

At high speed you may hear resonances when fans are at almost the same speeds but not quite.

Any speed. They could be idleing at 400-500 rpm. They can be at 800-1000. The higher the speed, the more pronounced that hum is. I only showed the video of the fans in full speed so you could hear it as best as I can replicate it. 

Ive tired no icue, icue with quiet, balanced, extreme, custom set rpm, all based off WATER TEMP. My fans are not going up and down in speed. They are just making that wha wha wha wha sound. All I know is, if I turn the front AF120 fans off, no more pulsating sound. 

Are my fans ok to PUSH into the radiator? They instructions for the H150 say to top mount the rad with the fans pulling IN. I cant top mount. I can only front mount. So I did fans pushing into radiator that exhausts into the case. 

Update. I swapped out the AF120's for SP120's and NO MORE PULSATING!!! Temps are the same so the AF120's went into my case and the SP120's are on my radiator now. Problem solved! Nice and quiet and still max temp of 62C gaming! YES!

Hi all. 

I installed a new cooler last night (Corsair AIO H170i Elite LCd XT with the 420mm radiator) and this morning, after benchmarks ran last night, when I turned the PC back on the Bios on my Asus TUF Z490 Plus threw a Missing CPU Fan error and the cooler started displaying the Pump Error symbol on the fan leds and the lcd screen.

I've done all the troubleshooting steps Corsair recommends on their FAQ pages as well as turning off the CPU Fan header monitoring. 

I can boot now, but the pump is still nit functioning. 

Is there something else I can try? I haven't tried not using the Y-splitter for the USB connection but I'm unsure how effective that would be. 

On 6/24/2023 at 12:58 PM, PDiddyA said:

Hi all. 

I installed a new cooler last night (Corsair AIO H170i Elite LCd XT with the 420mm radiator) and this morning, after benchmarks ran last night, when I turned the PC back on the Bios on my Asus TUF Z490 Plus threw a Missing CPU Fan error and the cooler started displaying the Pump Error symbol on the fan leds and the lcd screen.

I've done all the troubleshooting steps Corsair recommends on their FAQ pages as well as turning off the CPU Fan header monitoring. 

I can boot now, but the pump is still nit functioning. 

Is there something else I can try? I haven't tried not using the Y-splitter for the USB connection but I'm unsure how effective that would be. 

Update: This was determined to be a defective pump and I was recommended to return the product and get a new one.

On 2/19/2023 at 6:11 PM, RTX-User said:

Hello everyone, 

First time here, but wanted to put in some info that may, or may not help some of you.   I have the H170i Elite LCD Cooler that I got in December of 2021and had been working well until about a month ago due to a port going bad on my Commander Pro, so I got a cheap internal USB hub from Amazon  from Micro Connectors model S08-303-IA https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Connectors-S08-303-IA-Internal-Expansion/dp/B07QHQF92K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8   I never did plug in the SATA power by the recommendations of many in the reviews due to possibly damaging hardware in my PC, but it lasted only a month until my LCD started freezing up again and would no longer be detected by ICUE.  So, I went ahead and spent a bit more to get the NZXT internal USB Hub  https://www.provantage.com/nzxt-0c-iusbh-m3~7NZXT0FJ.htm and now all is working well again!!  I did use the SATA power on this brand because its a well known brand and no negative reviews about issues.  Just thought this may help some of you out there since I really didn't think at first that that a cheap USB hub would be the culprit, but in my case, it was.....No more lock ups and ICUE detects all of my hardware properly again.   I currently have 8 Corsair RGB Fans, the H170i Elite LCD, A Corsair Dark Core Pro Mouse, 32 Gigs of Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB  and my newest edition, a Corsair Void RGB Wireless Headset. 

Hope this helps some, or many out there as it was frustrating to figure out what was causing this....

My Corsair ICUE Hardware.png

The NZXT AC-IUSBH-M3 internal USB hub is a high-quality product, which is surprising coming from NZXT. The other internal hub that I trust is the Aquacomputer Hubby7, but hey can be quite hard to find in stock in the US. I bought an NZXT hub a few weeks ago from Provantage because they had the best price. Shipping was quick. Great experience.

I clicked your link today and it did not work so I went to their site and searched for it using the model number and the Provantage item number that is on my invoice. Nothing, I guess they stopped carrying them, which is odd because when I bought mine, they had quite a few on them in stock.

Whatever the case with that, it is sad that you have to go buy a USB hub from someone else to make Corsair's flakey AIO products work reliably. Corsair has had USB problems for years. I learned long ago to never even try to use the USB passthrough ports on the Commander Pro. All these years later, they still have USB problems.

I posted this iCUE software troubleshooting but now I found this thread.  Here is my problem, which I read was being worked on, has this been fixed yet?

2 hours ago, netsez said:

The same thing is happening with my H150I Elite LCD XT.  The tab for Screen Setup is not there.  Everything else works fine.  Tested both in iCUE 5 and iCUE4.  Screen shot below.

H150i.jpg

I cannot find a way to edit or delete my post.  This is my problem:

LCD is not recognized when connecting Commander CORE, LCD Module, and another USB RGB Controller (e.g. Commander CORE XT) to internal motherboard USBs.

I see that it is fixed so I will check my firmware.

Release Timeframe: Mid-March 2022 -> April 22, 2022

• 2 weeks later...

I just rebuilt my PC and bought a H150i elite lcd xt. The first one I bought, the commander controller wasn't working. I used the old one I had from my 100i and it worked. Then I noticed one of the fans LEDs didn't work so I returned it. This one didn't give me the option for LCD screen settings. I went to best buy to buy the same thing and I'm having the same problem with the LCD screen. It also doesn't register in my Device Manager. I have uninstalled iCUE 3 times, done the power cycle thing, checked all my connections more than once, used the y splitter, changed USB ports, tried without the y splitter and used different USB ports and I cant get this thing to show up in iCUE still. My MOBO is a Rog Strix 650e-f with a 7800x3d cpu. I uninstalled Armory Crate as well as anything else that has anything that controls RGB functions. Is it possible I got yet ANOTHER broken kit? 

image.png.035d45f39aeeb6131203b8fda63b2a67.png

image.png.8b23aebfd61fe54dcc297cc188ce77d8.pngimage.thumb.png.93cbc606ed9bdfe5f23aa11f7727b290.png

On 7/20/2023 at 3:14 AM, JordanWilson said:

I just rebuilt my PC and bought a H150i elite lcd xt. The first one I bought, the commander controller wasn't working. I used the old one I had from my 100i and it worked. Then I noticed one of the fans LEDs didn't work so I returned it. This one didn't give me the option for LCD screen settings. I went to best buy to buy the same thing and I'm having the same problem with the LCD screen. It also doesn't register in my Device Manager. I have uninstalled iCUE 3 times, done the power cycle thing, checked all my connections more than once, used the y splitter, changed USB ports, tried without the y splitter and used different USB ports and I cant get this thing to show up in iCUE still. My MOBO is a Rog Strix 650e-f with a 7800x3d cpu. I uninstalled Armory Crate as well as anything else that has anything that controls RGB functions. Is it possible I got yet ANOTHER broken kit? 

I have the exact same problem and I saw 2 other threads with the same problem so I doubt that the hardware is the problem.

Interestingly I have the same equipment that you do:  

MB ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi 
PSU HX1000i 
CPU 7800X3D
The post at the beginning of this thread that was posted by a Corsair employee states that this problem has been fixed, but a few people still have this issue. I hope someone can tell us what to try to get this working.   

On 7/20/2023 at 3:14 AM, JordanWilson said:

I have the exact same problem and I saw 2 other threads with the same problem so I doubt that the hardware is the problem.

Interestingly I have the same equipment that you do:  

MB ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi 
PSU HX1000i 
CPU 7800X3D
The post at the beginning of this thread that was posted by a Corsair employee states that this problem has been fixed, but a few people still have this issue. I hope someone can tell us what to try to get this working. 

Hi all,

So, I'm very very confused.  I have a H150 Elite AIO and a little while ago ICUE completely stopped recognising it (was working for a while but then just disappeared.  It's been working fine otherwise, but today I decided to try and get it sorted.

So, Updated ICUE to V5, and a weird thing happened, it recognised that the LCD needed a firmware update, downloaded it applied it etc.  But it still doesn't show up in ICUE.  The screen is still displaying the coolant temp on it and updates etc. so it is working, I just aren't able to edit any colouring/screen content etc.

Very confused as to why it recognised it needed a firmware update but not showing up in ICUE.

No errors in device manager etc.

Anyone have any ideas? 😕

Thanks

TheMightySpud

corsair.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I own one from feb 2022 and was working perfectly.

Since a week (I didnt open or touch my build/cables) I'm facing a red blinking light on the AIO and a "device unknown" in iCue.

switching back to the original cover, my h150i is back in iCue and i can set pump/rmp etc.

I tried a bit of everything, reinstalling iCue, switching mobo usb port, force firmware update but with the lcd screen there is no way to get that working.

I have a 550b with a r5 5600x and is for sure not well engineered for AMD cpu.

any solution that i can try apart the rma of the lcd screen?

Edited by Eronor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an H170i with the elite LCD not showing up in iCUE to be edited, but it is recognized under Settings>Software Updates.

The LCD currently displays "Liquid Temp 0*c"

I've uninstalled icue and reinstalled with no fix.

Thanks

icue home.png

icue settings.png

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2023 at 5:44 AM, jmar said:

I have an H170i with the elite LCD not showing up in iCUE to be edited, but it is recognized under Settings>Software Updates.

The LCD currently displays "Liquid Temp 0*c"

I've uninstalled icue and reinstalled with no fix.

Thanks

icue home.png

icue settings.png

I am having this problem as well. The difference is that my display is stuck on the general fault.

There were no physical alterations, no new software was installed. I simply restarted my system.

What troubleshooting steps I have taken so far:

1. I double-checked all physical connections as properly seated.

2. I force updated commander core firmware.

3. I did the modify/repair in installed apps, multiple times.

4. I uninstalled all icue components and leftovers using BCUninstaller.

5. I reinstalled icue.

No profiles are installed, the commander core is present and the elite LCD is present in the software updates, but the LCD persists on general fault.

I would appreciate any assistance that may be provided in this matter.

On 10/13/2023 at 7:23 PM, Synomenon said:

So uhhh, I know Corsair was busy working on a new, iCue Link version of these and all, but are they ever going to add that ability to these to rotate the display?

It's already added now

I think Corsair should be aware that I'm so salty over this goofy LCD that I'm actively purging Corsair products from my current and future builds. The LCD just randomly started display the last gif I loaded onto it today, after months of a red exclamation point. Let's not pretend Corsair produces high end polished products, might as well gamble on random upstart companies since the results will be the same.

Since a couple of weeks my Capellix Elite 150i LCD screen starts to dance. L:ooking like the bottom part of it is not refreshing correctly.  The issues started after update to iCue version 5.8.13, but downgrade does not help. When reflashing the LCD display it becomes normal for about 2 minutes. I reseated it, did do the power off thing, but nothing helps. I have the feeling the LCD is not sitting correctly but am not able to fit it better on my AMD socket.  Looks like the bottom is more higher then the top.

• iCue Core:  v5.8130
  • H150i  ELITE CAPELLIX: v 2.11.221
  • Elite LCD Pump Display: 2.0.0.3
  • Lightning Node Core: 0.9.16

Please help, because a € 350 combo should work perfect.

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-27 235200.png

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-27 235310.png

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-27 235341.png

I'm replying to this thread to provide some fixes for those having issues with the Corsair LCD elite upgrade kit.

First solution:

• First try a complete clean installation. See here how to do so. 
    • Make sure to backup your profiles. See here how to do so.
    • If you have a Nexus screen, don't forget to export those profiles as well!
    • Before new install, be sure to do a reboot first, then shutdown again and turn off your PSU, press the power button to completely power off the PC, start up again and install iCue 5.
    • You can also try to install iCue 4 instead of v5. But that barely solves the problem.

Second solution:

• Uninstall or disable ALL other RGB software and peripheral software like RGB fusion, MSI center, Razer Synapse, G Hub, etc...

No screen setup, but you can change the ring colors?

This means that the USB 2.0 header isn't working properly.

• Avoid using the splitter that comes with it.
  • Connect the LCD usb cable directly to the motherboard.
  • Other solutions:
    • If you have the LC100, disconnect those.
    • Try a different USB 2.0 header on the motherboard.
    • Check if all the cables are plugged in correctly.
    • Try re-plugging the large cable that's attached to the LCD.
    • Make sure it's the fans from the AIO that are connected to the Commander PRO.
    • Try removing the Commander XT from Bluetooth and other devices.
      • Scan for new devices in Device Manager to add it again.

Not enough headers?

• If you want to connect all your peripherals but don't have enough headers, I recommend either the NZXT internal USB hub v3 or the CORSAIR Internal 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub. These need at least one free USB 2.0 header on the motherboard and a SATA 15-pin power connector.

Can't install the LCD on the CPU? ex. it won't stay or click.

• Install the 4 screws that come with it on the CPU. See video here.
  • If you have a AMD CPU you need to remove the plastic shroud by removing the 4 black screws.
    • Keep those in case of RMA or switch to Intel.

Red triangle error?

• Make sure the LCD's pins are connected properly to the CPU block.
  • Make sure the screws from the CPU block are touching the magnets from the LCD.

Notes:

I used the H150i on an AM4 motherboard to identify the problems.

These fixes worked for me, doesn't mean they will work for you.

I'm not a computer technician nor an employee from Corsair. Use these fixes at your own risks. 

If you still have issues, it's either the motherboard, the software or a faulty LCD kit.

Good luck.