Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

13 hours ago, LJHCPA said:

Just my two cents on this issue. I have an Asus Maximus Z790 Hero with a 13900KF cpu. Don't have my boot drives yet so no OS or iCUE yet, but I have powered up the system and got the red triangle. I fixed it by FIRMLY inserting the Core controller connector.  No easy insert, you really have to press hard until you feel a "snap". I believe 90% of the problems on this thread are caused by an improperly inserted connector. There may be other causes as well, but a firm insertion solved my problem.

Same mobo and cpu. I agree the 12pin connector to the Commander Core is stupidly difficult to fully seat, however, that didn't fix my problem. Still non-functioning for weeks now and Corsair support has been terrible at replying. The email chains are an absolute mess.

On 11/24/2022 at 1:01 PM, ssstrong said:

Hello Guys

I have

12700KF

ROG STRIX 3080

MAXIMUS z690 formula

iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 

i bought the white lcd updgare kit, it showed only the red traingle and only commader core shown in the iCUE. 

I put back the original one, now not working.

315520038_862651165089519_3964904187875170743_n.jpg

316272899_651855253250715_7053072214852436000_n.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-24 130125.png

Guy I need help please, a support ticket was created for one week without replay.

On 11/26/2022 at 12:18 AM, LJHCPA said:

Just my two cents on this issue. I have an Asus Maximus Z790 Hero with a 13900KF cpu. Don't have my boot drives yet so no OS or iCUE yet, but I have powered up the system and got the red triangle. I fixed it by FIRMLY inserting the Core controller connector.  No easy insert, you really have to press hard until you feel a "snap". I believe 90% of the problems on this thread are caused by an improperly inserted connector. There may be other causes as well, but a firm insertion solved my problem.

That absolutely fixed my issue THANK YOU.  I spent literally three hours troubleshooting after it had been working fine since I had installed it earlier in the day. Well turns out I was trying to make the cable route a little better and inadvertently must have pulled the connector lose from the core controller box, and got the red triangle. I never even thought to check that connection after reseating the module, complete removal of ICUE and reinstall, reconnecting the USB's etc.. Nothing worked until I read your comment and checked. And yep, the connector had come lose from the controller. Plugged it in firmly with the snap, and I was instantly able to control the screen and change gifs, temps, etc with ICUE again.  Guys, definitely try this, it was the most obvious fix but never even thought to try it.. Thanks again. 

Can anyone point me to the right direction? I still have the red triangle after checking my connections and doing what the troubleshoot page told me to do. I found out that updating the software seems to shortly fix my problems, since it shows the temp logs on the screen but then quickly turns into the red triangle.

Hello!

Do anybody know how to make the LCD of the pump top appear in icue?

I recently bought a capellix elite white and got the upgrade kit in white, installed it ICUE can detect the controllers but the LCD does not appear need help! I have tried the suggested fix where you need to power off the entire pc and unplug for 30sec 
and i also tried to plug the usb directly to the usb header not using the splitter, still doesnt work.

On 14/11/2022 at 05:08, SpabalinasDesign said:

Eu tenho a versão mais recente instalada junto com a Nvidia mais recente e, até agora, tudo bem. Ainda não encontrei nenhum problema. Mas pode diferir dependendo do que você tem em seu sistema. Eu tenho produtos Asus/Corsair, até agora, o mobo/gpu aparece e o LCD parece estar funcionando.

Thanks a lot.

12 hours ago, Asuna said:

Hello!

I recently bought a capellix elite white and got the upgrade kit in white, installed it ICUE can detect the controllers but the LCD does not appear need help! I have tried the suggested fix where you need to power off the entire pc and unplug for 30sec 
and i also tried to plug the usb directly to the usb header not using the splitter, still doesnt work.

Same issue without solution till now

12 hours ago, Asuna said:

Hello!

If you put the old head pump it will not work too.

Its like putting the LCD cap brick the pump head.

27 minutes ago, ssstrong said:

If you put the old head pump it will not work too.

Its like putting the LCD cap brick the pump head.

So do i have to rma the thing now? or just wait for some update

this is so scuffed

Where the ******** is corsair support or any sort of communication regarding this problem? Its an issue that almost everyone is having and not one thread that actually fixes the problems. 

Ticket responses are trash and say the same generic bullshit that gets posted on here. I want my money back for this POS cooler and joke of a customer support responses so i can go get a cooler that actually works

No update regarding this?

Image/Screen Rotation
We encountered performance-related issues during our first attempt at implementing this via firmware during development. We are approaching the problem differently and addressing it via software.

Release Timeframe: July 2022 iCUE Release 4.26.110

16 hours ago, Crankin said:

Where the ******** is corsair support or any sort of communication regarding this problem? Its an issue that almost everyone is having and not one thread that actually fixes the problems. 

Ticket responses are trash and say the same generic bullshit that gets posted on here. I want my money back for this POS cooler and joke of a customer support responses so i can go get a cooler that actually works

Well, the AIOs sell, don't they? why would the bean counters at the company allocate more resources in fixing something that does not impede sales? 🙂

... goes back in the salt mine shaft

First i bought an AIO from EKWB. The pump was dead when it arrived. So I sent it back and chose Corsair instead and this happens after 1 week 😕

Have tried everything this forum, youtube and so on has to offer. Nothing has worked.

The pump is still running but the LCD is not visible in iCUE. Sometimes it shows Liquid Temp 0 instead.

Who knows how long I'll be without a computer this time if I send this one back too.

thumbnail_20221202_225554.jpg

Now it's stuck on liquid temp 0. Better than a red triangle 🙃LCD cap for Capellix coolers shows up in settings > bluetooth & devices. I removed that device & restarted PC. Now it is back in devices settings but as i mentioned LCD now only shows Liquid temp 0.

• Like 1

It works finally! I obviously did not push the connector hard enough in.. Now it does work as it should, Thank YOU! I was just about to return it assuming an hardware error. I already tried the USB connection from outside the case but that did not work.. Now I read your post and pressed the pump-connector again really hard in - and now it works.. Everyone with the red triangle error should try that once again..  thanks again!

IMG_20221203_145312.jpg

1 hour ago, lenni said:

It works finally! I obviously did not push the connector hard enough in.. Now it does work as it should, Thank YOU! I was just about to return it assuming an hardware error. I already tried the USB connection from outside the case but that did not work.. Now I read your post and pressed the pump-connector again really hard in - and now it works.. Everyone with the red triangle error should try that once again..  thanks again!

IMG_20221203_145312.jpg

how did you make it work which of the connector did you push i might try that

New build - No lcd screen settings in iCue. Lots of people have the red triangle but my screen newer ever lite up.   No image at all- just black.

The ring light is adjustable just no lcd screen setting.

Tried all connections / power off /ComCore connection / remove usb2 splitter and run 1-1 on mobo.

With this many problems  surely it must be a firmware/software issue.

As for RMA i am also looking to return AIO to the place i purchased and try a new one if possible.

Have made a thread for more help in what i can try before i return.

Edited by kwaka
typo

Perhaps i should try to put the commander core connector in the 50 t hydraulic press at work and press it in that way, then i might seat properly,  maybe that might get the screen settings to appear in iCue.

I am so angry with myself for getting scammed by Corsair on this product.

Shame om me.

2 hours ago, Castlebravo_ said:

Perhaps i should try to put the commander core connector in the 50 t hydraulic press at work and press it in that way, then i might seat properly,  maybe that might get the screen settings to appear in iCue.

I am so angry with myself for getting scammed by Corsair on this product.

Shame om me.

Let me know the result. I have a 200 ton press @ work myself 😬

Had to take my cable out today to rma the screen.  Took ages to wiggle it out as to not pull on the cables.  Stupid thing is...that connection is nice and tight and the usb2 splitters are quite loose (even if connect to the motherboard they are a sensible fit.).

Shame i had to sent the whole kit back when its just the screen. 

Anyone know of a way to test the screen before full installation?

Maybe connect ComCore to another pc and then install iCue maybe.  Only thing would be the cpu_fan header connection, but guess it could go on cpu_opt on the test pc.

I fixed my issues of the screen not being detected by moving to this Y adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YL9JSK7

It appears to be wired differently (more wires) to both the one corsair supplied and asus supplied one with my mobo, either that is the issue or the two other splitters i had were faulty.  I now have screen appearing (note before when i first had both corsair USB headers plugged into the splitter i got nothing, swapping the Y cable split around made the non-screen portion appear) this cable made both parts appear.

On 11/25/2022 at 10:18 PM, LJHCPA said:

There may be other causes as well, but a firm insertion solved my problem.

I wonder if some people connect the IEC cable to the PSU (which power the screen but doesn't turn on PC) get the red triangle and then panic.  I get this often and the fix is just to press the power button on the front of the PC.  Basically the unit shows red exclamation at every hard cold boot before power on, lol.  It shouldn't 

Edited by scyto