Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

Ive had my 150i for a week now and while all the lights show the LCD screen doesn't. I get nothing but the triangle of death on boot ups but not when i remove the LCD cover then boot up. During this procedure I have control of the LCD but only via alternative RGB apps.

Ive followed all the instructions from corsair and those listed here in the forum. I believe its a software issue as I can barely install ICUE before my computer crashes! It literally crashes my computer every time I install it or attempt to open it. It has never worked since install. At one point it shut down twice and wouldn't even turn on from the tower even after I unplugged the power unit. What did work was removing the Corsair hubs and reseting the computer from scratch

In sum,  I WAS FORCED TO REINSTALL WINDOWS and all my drivers. THIS IS STRAIGHT BULLSHIT!!!!

I'd like some sort of explanation from CORSAIR or at least some indication that they're working on a solution. Instead the've left us in the dark with a broken AIO in our asses

Edited by kcastell
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 8:10 PM, Volkaru said:

UPDATE: I double checked my connections, made sure everything was set right. Everything looked fine, re-seated the LCD. No more flickering, but lines along the bottom section. They seem to have fixed themselves a few minutes after boot, though. 

Second update: First restart of my PC since the issue 'resolved' and now it is back. Will try an RMA. 

9 hours ago, Volkaru said:

Second update: First restart of my PC since the issue 'resolved' and now it is back. Will try an RMA. 

Having issues too.

Nothing is more frustrating as a customer than to see Corsair answer some easy bullshit posts and ignore the ones that impact system integrity. Like this is not the Corsair I remember. It's defintely the Corsair I will remember when I consider anything from them again.

I bought at best buy and they changed to a 2 week return window, so I was 3 days outside the window of return and now I'm stuck with corsair support or an RMA to something that CAN be addressed relatively quickly.

But noo. Corsair cant' say "Hey, we recognize all of the issues you all are having, we are working on a fix" that would be way too standup for them. Whoever runs that division of the business needs fired.

On 1/20/2023 at 6:29 PM, Balsagna said:

Having issues too.

Nothing is more frustrating as a customer than to see Corsair answer some easy bullshit posts and ignore the ones that impact system integrity. Like this is not the Corsair I remember. It's defintely the Corsair I will remember when I consider anything from them again.

I bought at best buy and they changed to a 2 week return window, so I was 3 days outside the window of return and now I'm stuck with corsair support or an RMA to something that CAN be addressed relatively quickly.

But noo. Corsair cant' say "Hey, we recognize all of the issues you all are having, we are working on a fix" that would be way too standup for them. Whoever runs that division of the business needs fired.

I'd definitely call corsair and tell them. They have made some returns for others experiencing problems.

STILL CANT BELIEVE THERES NO UPDATE. 

On 1/22/2023 at 5:59 AM, kcastell said:

STILL CANT BELIEVE THERES NO UPDATE. 

They already got our money, they don't see this as a problem.

Sell a shitty overpriced product that barely works, get the money and just ignore the complaints, brilliant business strategy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/24/2023 at 12:22 PM, Castlebravo_ said:

They already got our money, they don't see this as a problem.

Sell a shitty overpriced product that barely works, get the money and just ignore the complaints, brilliant business strategy. 

I literally just wish they would address this, even with an insincere "oh we're aware of the issue and working on a fix".  The LCD screen literally works perfectly for me when I force update the firmware, but then flips back a second later.  

Almost a year later & most of these issues are not fixed or where thought to be fixed via firmware/software updates ? You fix for the lcd not displaying anything don't work, what does work unfortunately a massive pain ... swapping internal usb headers wich I've done 30-40 times since installing the lcd upgrade kit. The issue even coming about after a power failure when my pc wasn't even running.

Can we please get some response from corsair it's been almost a year...

16747233538144117641593721811621.jpg

Edited by Big_Fella44
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Big_Fella44 said:

Almost a year later & most of these issues are not fixed or where thought to be fixed via firmware/software updates ? You fix for the lcd not displaying anything don't work, what does work unfortunately a massive pain ... swapping internal usb headers wich I've done 30-40 times since installing the lcd upgrade kit. The issue even coming about after a power failure when my pc wasn't even running.

Can we please get some response from corsair it's been almost a year...

16747233538144117641593721811621.jpg

IM Literally going thru this same issue!! Literally EXACTLY THE SAME and I cant help but feel pissed off Ive Rm'A'd individual parts Ive Dont all the forum suggestions .. Power Cycle'd and Boom Nothing The LED Ring around my LCD doesnt even power up at all just the display the core shows up in bluetooth devices .. tried installing windows and reseting everything deleting app data the whole 9 at this point I feel like punching a hole through a wall.. my next step is to literally Change companies .. because with little to no information on this product I cant help it Im really starting to dislike corsair its been one of my favorite brands for years but ICUE software and its updates seem to CLASH too much with regular updates and Other Manufacturers brands like "ASUS" for instance and "MSI" It was never this bad .. all of a sudden x670 AMD products launch an thier is nothing but issues all around the board .. crazy to me.. UPSETTING 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 10:10 PM, Volkaru said:

UPDATE: I double checked my connections, made sure everything was set right. Everything looked fine, re-seated the LCD. No more flickering, but lines along the bottom section. They seem to have fixed themselves a few minutes after boot, though. 

Id like to know where you got the firmWare if you have it SEND IT MY WAY!! 

On 12/3/2022 at 5:35 AM, ahMaaazzye said:

Now it's stuck on liquid temp 0. Better than a red triangle 🙃LCD cap for Capellix coolers shows up in settings > bluetooth & devices. I removed that device & restarted PC. Now it is back in devices settings but as i mentioned LCD now only shows Liquid temp 0.

THIS IS WHERE IM AT RIGHT NOW 

I also have the same issues. 

Originally purchased the h150i back in March 2022. I ordered the lcd upgrade kit early Jan 2023. Installed it and i have the red triangle and liquid temp 0. The connector is fully plugged in. I tried to remove icue, deleted the entried in registry and filed in appdata... Same thing.

I tried to revert to the original faceplate and the pump is not even lighting anymore. I opened a rma on Jan 17. Still nothing yet.

Tried to call Corsair support, it hangs up, can't even leave a message.

C'mon corsair wth.. 

Guys, you think the commander core is the cause ? We can't even buy a commander core alone, we have to repurchase the full h150i. 

aio.jpg

Hello, I bought this back on the 29th of Dec and got it installed and all like Mid this month. I've never been able to see a screen on this thing and haven't gotten anywhere yet with support with Multiple attempts at fixing this. I want to say its defective and replace it now, but it seems like others have seen this same issue. Is there any fix for blank lcds that only show ring color, I can detect it an all in icue but it won't update or display anything at all, 

image1.png

Oh, I've just started a thread about my H150i LCD with 'pump failure' and just spotted this thread!

Mines only lasted a few days, then just booted one day with pump/fans at max, cog symbol on the LCD and 0 RPM reported by the motherboard and iCue saying 'pump failure'.

The pump is fine, it's whining away as normal and cooling OK, but obviously with the fans on Max and flashing red, I had to take it out and buy an cheap air cooler!

And no surprise, It's been over 2 weeks with support and all they've done, despite obvious evidence it's a hardware fault have just given me the brush off with "We recommend reinstalling iCue"... 

I bought this last year whilst on sale and had to wait 2 months for the CPU/Motherboard, so only just built it in the new year, which makes returning it a bit harder for me, I was just hoping they'd RMA it and turn it around quickly, I've had so many Corsair products and last time I had a really good experience with a faulty commander pro.

I know they can do better, but it sound like they are really not on the ball lately, and I note that they claim they will respond within 2-3 days but put a caveat about 'winter', which is just an obvious "We have realised we can employ far less support staff and just blame it on Winter/Pandemic/Whatever and the customer will just accept it"..

If they don't buck their ideas up, then this will be the last product I'll buy, I think I've had about $1500 or so of their kit over the years.

Here's a video of mine booting, seems exactly like others that it was obviously hardware failure:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/haHK9spbbWQFvNhn7

On 1/28/2023 at 3:13 PM, snubbers said:

Oh, I've just started a thread about my H150i LCD with 'pump failure' and just spotted this thread!

Mines only lasted a few days, then just booted one day with pump/fans at max, cog symbol on the LCD and 0 RPM reported by the motherboard and iCue saying 'pump failure'.

The pump is fine, it's whining away as normal and cooling OK, but obviously with the fans on Max and flashing red, I had to take it out and buy an cheap air cooler!

And no surprise, It's been over 2 weeks with support and all they've done, despite obvious evidence it's a hardware fault have just given me the brush off with "We recommend reinstalling iCue"... 

I bought this last year whilst on sale and had to wait 2 months for the CPU/Motherboard, so only just built it in the new year, which makes returning it a bit harder for me, I was just hoping they'd RMA it and turn it around quickly, I've had so many Corsair products and last time I had a really good experience with a faulty commander pro.

I know they can do better, but it sound like they are really not on the ball lately, and I note that they claim they will respond within 2-3 days but put a caveat about 'winter', which is just an obvious "We have realised we can employ far less support staff and just blame it on Winter/Pandemic/Whatever and the customer will just accept it"..

If they don't buck their ideas up, then this will be the last product I'll buy, I think I've had about $1500 or so of their kit over the years.

Here's a video of mine booting, seems exactly like others that it was obviously hardware failure:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/haHK9spbbWQFvNhn7

Hi, sorry for the poor English.
I watched the video and I too had the same problem.
I fixed it from BIOS by enabling AIO pump.
Hello.

Instead of the heroics of regedits and reinstalls, why can't we have a reset button? I have been having the LCD issue for months, with erratic connectivity, and now I have a fan issue, which I would expect was easy mode since it is a Corsair fan plugging both the 3 pin power and RGB connectors directly to the commander core dingus.

I suspect the LCD cable is getting L*dI/dT interference from the power supply cables, since it is using that very wide (non differential) parallel bus with the junk zero insertion force keyed connector.

OMG - Corsair has STILL not fixed this dumpster fire of a product? I pop in every few months to see if the issues with the Corsair AIO video display have been resolved. Every time I do, I find several new pages of posts reporting the same problems over and over again.

I just looked back through the last 4 pages in this thread and did not see a single post from anyone at Corsair. Are they even trying to fix these issues anymore? I can't believe they gave not pulled these products from the market. Instead, they are still happily selling these things to unsuspecting customers while apparently doing little or nothing to resolve the issues.

I learned my lesson and moved on from Corsair, but I feel bad for those who haven't yet and spent their hard-earned money only to end up posting their woes on this forum. I'll guess I'll check again after another few months. Good Luck Y'all.

On 5/9/2022 at 3:20 PM, LloydTp said:

Just to add my experience with the h100i elite LCD. I have not had the issue with the red triangle, I have an issue where my LCD would not turn on, or be detected in windows. I was about to return it when I decided to flash my bios. In the M flash page of my MSI z690 edge mobo the lcd turns on and is detected by windows and icue. The issue is after an extended shut down the screen won't turn back on and I have to boot back into the mflash screen and exit to get it to turn on. Can anyone think of a more permanent solution?

Same problem but im using x299 creation and h170i elite lcd.

I can get elite lcd to display if i enter m flash and go back to bios elite lcd will boot. If my pc stay off for like 2-3min and i power it on lcd is not working. 

I manage to update all firmwares and nothing seems to work. There is a problem with elite lcd and some msi boards and how they deliver power. Idk what to do.

I have 2nd h170 elite on x670e crosshair and its working just fine out of box.

CORSAIR need to update elite lcd for x299 and z690. 

23 hours ago, SpeedyV said:

OMG - Corsair has STILL not fixed this dumpster fire of a product? I pop in every few months to see if the issues with the Corsair AIO video display have been resolved. Every time I do, I find several new pages of posts reporting the same problems over and over again.

I just looked back through the last 4 pages in this thread and did not see a single post from anyone at Corsair. Are they even trying to fix these issues anymore? I can't believe they gave not pulled these products from the market. Instead, they are still happily selling these things to unsuspecting customers while apparently doing little or nothing to resolve the issues.

I learned my lesson and moved on from Corsair, but I feel bad for those who haven't yet and spent their hard-earned money only to end up posting their woes on this forum. I'll guess I'll check again after another few months. Good Luck Y'all.

Honestly I bet I could fix most or all of the issues if I was able to roll back the firmware on the 'commander core' box of rocks. Every FW patch has resulted in reduced functionality of some kind. I don't want to go so far as to say it is planned obsolescence... but I do think they are prioritizing support of their newest revision/release of products including fans and LCDs.

My LCD continues to happily display the very last GIF I uploaded to it with no real way to edit or change that setting.

Edited by dinkster

1 hour ago, dinkster said:

Honestly I bet I could fix most or all of the issues if I was able to roll back the firmware on the 'commander core' box of rocks. Every FW patch has resulted in reduced functionality of some kind. I don't want to go so far as to say it is planned obsolescence... but I do think they are prioritizing support of their newest revision/release of products including fans and LCDs.

My LCD continues to happily display the very last GIF I uploaded to it with no real way to edit or change that setting.

You may be right about that. I recall Corsair releasing a flurry of software and firmware updates, changing the device detection code, etc. when they were still actually trying to fix all these problems. It seemed like this fixed some, but not all of the problems, and possibly created some new ones. I don't know how long its been since they released any more updates. I know people have managed to regress firmware by getting the file out of an AppData folder that iCue put it in, then dragging the firmware file over a bootloader file. I don't recall the specific procedure but if you search this forum you will find posts about doing this. It is not something that Corsair supports, and I don't think they will send you the required firmware files, but sometimes other users make them available. IIRC, they get deleted after an update so you have to grab them before they disappear.

I did not know that Corsair has released new models of AIO coolers. I checked the site and see the Elite LCD and the Elite LCD XT. Is that the new one? The only difference I saw was the Elite LCD comes with ML RGB Elite fans while the Elite LCD XT comes with AF RGB Elite fans with "AirGuide technology". I guess these AF fans are new? Other than the fans, the 2 products look the same to me. Both have a 480x480 IPS LCD display, the same pump (I think), and both come with a Commander Core.

I think the problems plaguing these products would affect all versions. I don't pay much attention to Corsair's new products anymore. They make a few decent cases and some of their fans are OK but I have moved on from iCue and Corsair controllers. I still have a few in my rigs but I don't use iCue to control them. When they released their AIO coolers with video displays I decided NOT to buy one based on my past experiences with Corsair. I had this gut feeling that it would be a fiasco and apparently I was right. Good luck with your display.

I originally had this issue with my build on a z690 godlike, what I did that somehow worked, was I said screw it, I bought a regular h170i non LCD model and bought the LCD screen upgrade separately.  Once I did this, and hooked everything back up, it's worked flawlessly since then.  The AiO bundle was fubar for me, but ordering the two separate, it worked right out of the box for me and through every update since, I even changed motherboards and it's still going strong.  So might I recommend trying to purchase both the original h170i non LCD and purchase the LCD upgrade kit and that worked for me.

Just to add here how i manage to fix LCD 

I used same Y splitter on ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards to be specific on X670e CROSSHAIR EXTREME and X299X AORUS Master (working LCD)

Now back to MSI x299 Creator and z690 edge never booting with Y splitter.

I used old nzxt hub gen2 with molex for MSI motherboards not working and lcd only boot if i enter mflash in bios and go back.

Then i ordered nzxt hub gen3 with sata connector and magic happend it always boot LCD.

Im not sure what is the problem because gen2 hub work just fine with other stuff.

Greetings everyone,

I am facing a problem with my iCue software on my particular build. I am using an x670e-i motherboard, which allows for a direct connection between the Commander Core and the iCue LCD screen to the ROG-FPS II card. My system operates on Windows 10 and is powered by a 7700x CPU.

However, to my surprise, my motherboard is unable to detect the iCue LCD screen. Please refer to the attached image. Additionally, the iCue software is unable to detect the Commander Core, although Windows is able to do so. Upon checking the Device Manager, I have discovered that the driver for the device is not installed properly.

I have tried several troubleshooting steps such as reinstalling the iCue software, turning off and on the power supply unit, connecting the iCue and Commander Core directly to the motherboard, unplugging and replugging the pump header and USB connection, but none of these steps have worked.

I am uncertain of what to do next, apart from reinstalling Windows. I am quite disappointed with the software integration so far, and a Windows reinstallation might be my last resort. I would appreciate any input or suggestions from anyone who may have faced a similar issue.

Thank you.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Edited by Kuzckack

Another failure checking in.

Bought my Elite 150 capellix Jan 2022, all ran fine for the last year. Got the upgrade LCD kit for Christmas and nothing but issues.  I cue updated fine. 

Have followed the trouble shooting FAQ over and over but would get constant red triangle warnings, then pump not working cooking my CPU, then mess around with it and works fine until next boot rinse and repeat. Then fresh install of icue. 

Now I'm on the pump failure and red flashing fans icon. I have even tried going back to the old head and nothing. Have raised a RMA hopefully they will respond!