Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR XENEON 32QHD165 Gaming Monitor

Corsair Angie

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

We're excited to present to you our very first monitor - the XENEON. We're doing it big with this spectacular view! Here’s a few quick highlights:

• Tailored for gamers and creators, the 32" QHD, 2560x1440 display harnesses 165Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, and AMD FreeSync™ Premium - letting you quickly react with a silky-smooth display and create content with visual ease.
  • Loaded with an IPS LED panel, Quantom Dot technology (100% sRGB, 100% Adobe RGB color space), and HDR400, you'll be viewing games and content as intended with more vivid, natural colors and astonishing realism.
  • Integrates with CORSAIR iCUE software, allowing easy screen customization and saving of your personalized presets.
  • Equipped with a built-in mounting point, you may mount your camera or light with the XENEON Camera Mount Adapter or the Elgato Multi Mount system, eliminating the need for additional mounting equipment!

Click here for more information. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: What connection ports are there?
A: For display, there are two HDMI 2.0 inputs, one DisplayPort 1.4 input, and one Type-C port (DP Alt Mode). The XENEON also features an integrated USB hub with two USB 3.1 Type-A ports and two USB 3.1 Type-C ports (including the one for display).

Q: Can I remove the stand and mount the monitor to an arm?
A: Yes, the XENEON is compatible with 100mm x 100mm VESA mounting.

Q: What is AMD FreeSync™ Premium Certified? 
A: The monitor is certified to help synchronize visuals with your graphics card for smooth images, less screen tearing, and low input latency. You can read more about it in our blog.

What do you guys think about our first monitor? We'd love to hear some feedback!

XENEON.gif.31ed0a24a029ecc0f194c523acc1d743.gif

So my biggest question.... Do I need to sell one or both kidneys to purchase this?

• Haha 1

that one is interesting  :

Native Resolution

2560x1440 (16:9)
Max Resolution

3840x2160 (16:9)

It has a max resolution beyond the native one. Is this a typo or.. did you give a new meaning to ghost pixels? ^^

If it was native 4K it would have been interesting, but 32" with a resolution usually found on 27" screens, is a tad much, for a price at which we already get 1440p Gsync screens.

I guess the price tag is mostly justified by the color rendering.

One question though, is there an OSD menu, or is iCUE mandatory to set up the screen ?

Edited by LeDoyen

• Corsair Employee
On 10/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, nECr0mAnCeR said:

So my biggest question.... Do I need to sell one or both kidneys to purchase this?

Selling both kidneys would not be advised - how else will you enjoy the view?

On 10/1/2021 at 10:16 AM, LeDoyen said:

that one is interesting  :

Native Resolution

2560x1440 (16:9)
Max Resolution

3840x2160 (16:9)

It has a max resolution beyond the native one. Is this a typo or.. did you give a new meaning to ghost pixels? ^^

If it was native 4K it would have been interesting, but 32" with a resolution usually found on 27" screens, is a tad much, for a price at which we already get 1440p Gsync screens.

I guess the price tag is mostly justified by the color rendering.

One question though, is there an OSD menu, or is iCUE mandatory to set up the screen ?

Thanks for chiming in, LeDoyen! As Technobeard mentions, there is an OSD menu so iCUE is not required.

image.png.dd68acd5c6a313738865ef18c2ac5749.png

Otherwise, if anyone was curious, here's a screenshot from our XENEON blog that quickly highlights what you'll be able to control via iCUE.

xeneon_icue2_window-1024x629.png

I just purchased this and so far it's nice but have to get used to not having a widescreen again.   I have been unable to get the set up in ICUE to work. Have connected the USB-C cable and still will not show up in ICUE 4

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Rargo said:

I just purchased this and so far it's nice but have to get used to not having a widescreen again.   I have been unable to get the set up in ICUE to work. Have connected the USB-C cable and still will not show up in ICUE 4

What version of iCUE 4.x are you using - 4.16 or later?

@Corsair AlbertWhat is the weight of the monitor without the stand? I cannot find information regarding this, I may want to wall mount it. Thanks!

Using the latest icue download link in corsair 

• Corsair Employee
On 10/13/2021 at 7:56 PM, SpyVision said:

@Corsair AlbertWhat is the weight of the monitor without the stand? I cannot find information regarding this, I may want to wall mount it. Thanks!

Without the stand, XENEON's weight is 5.5kg (~12 lbs).

On 10/17/2021 at 12:23 PM, Rargo said:

Using the latest icue download link in corsair 

Just to verify - iCUE 4.16.194? I would try a separate USB-C cable to see if that alleviates the issue. It does not have to be USB-C to USB-C like the cable included, it may be USB-C to USB-A. For further troubleshooting, please open a ticket with our support here, they will make sure to take care of you!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am running into an issue with windows 10 seeing this monitor. It shows up as generic plug and play monitor. ICUE does see the monitor and there was a pending update which i ran with no issues. Is there any place to download a driver for this monitor?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with the monitor and nvidia drivers. The monitor reports that it supports 4k to the computer. This breaks nvidia DSR as nvidia DSR will use the highest resolution by default. So it scales off 4k. It also breaks geforce experience as it tries to set all games settings to 4k. Is there a way to disable the 4k "console" mode on this display.

It would be great to have an option to turn it off in the settings so that windows sees only the native resolution as the maximum.

• Corsair Employee
On 1/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, LSU_Rich said:

I am running into an issue with windows 10 seeing this monitor. It shows up as generic plug and play monitor. ICUE does see the monitor and there was a pending update which i ran with no issues. Is there any place to download a driver for this monitor?

Nothing to worry about as long as your PC is detecting your monitor's specifications (1440p, 165 Hz) accordingly.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:10 AM, 76Silver911 said:

I'm having an issue with the monitor and nvidia drivers. The monitor reports that it supports 4k to the computer. This breaks nvidia DSR as nvidia DSR will use the highest resolution by default. So it scales off 4k. It also breaks geforce experience as it tries to set all games settings to 4k. Is there a way to disable the 4k "console" mode on this display.

It would be great to have an option to turn it off in the settings so that windows sees only the native resolution as the maximum.

What resolution is being displayed in the NVIDIA Control Panel? Is the resolution adjustable?

On 2/9/2022 at 10:25 AM, Corsair Albert said:

What resolution is being displayed in the NVIDIA Control Panel? Is the resolution adjustable?

The nVidia Control Panel shows 2560x1440 (native) as recommended, but also lists 4k resolutions as available.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This fine as the monitor operates in 2560x1440 for most things by default.

The problem is introduced with DSR, or Dynamic Super Resolution. The behaviour is supposed to take your native resolution, multiply it by the selected factor, then downscale it using AI back to your native resolution. However, with the monitor reporting 4K as it's capable resolution DSR is downscaling back down 4k instead of 1440p. This makes DSR useless with this monitor reporting 4k, because the 4k image is scaling on this display is so terrible and it locks it at 60fps and introduces a huge amount of input lag.

The monitor SHOULD not be reporting 4k resolutions to the computer over DisplayPort as no PC user would ever consider using this feature.

The other issue arises with GeForce Experience wanting to auto optimize games to 3840x2160.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It would be nice if Corsair supplied longer cables. Not everyone has their PC on a Desk.