Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

Double check the fans you actually have because the ML fans that come with the cooler are not for sale individually and the only ML fans that are for sale individually are the original ML120 RGB fans with 4 LEDs. As for the LEDs displaying in the iCUE software slightly at an angle instead of the LED being at the very top of the image that is a UI design and is not a bug nor does it effect the function of the fans RGB.

You do indeed have the option in the iCUE software even with the Commander Core to rotate the fan in the iCUE software to match the orientation of the fans installed in the system. As you can see in the screenshot I attached when you mouse over the fans when in the Lighting Setup menu you get the rotation arrows.

I am 100% positive that they are the ones that come with the cooler and am aware that they are not for sale individually. I even made a couple of forum posts and wrote an email a while back requesting that Corsair make them available for sale separately.

Also, I know you can rotate the fans in icue - that's why I clarified my post. You can only rotate them in 90 degree increments. The problem is that the lights are in a position in the software that they will NEVER be in in real life no matter how you rotate them. Why would you guys design the UI to look different than the actual situation we're all using? It seems like a no-brainer to make the diagrams in the software align properly with the actual fans instead of having them all be slightly off kilter. It also makes it more difficult when designing custom lighting designs to have to adjust everything in your head because the software has the LED's in the wrong places. I could understand this being a mistake, but I find it extremely surprising that you say it was a conscious choice made by the UI designers.

Edited by Parmenedes

• Corsair Employee
I am 100% positive that they are the ones that come with the cooler and am aware that they are not for sale individually. I even made a couple of forum posts and wrote an email a while back requesting that Corsair make them available for sale separately.

Also, I know you can rotate the fans in icue - that's why I clarified my post. You can only rotate them in 90 degree increments. The problem is that there the lights are in a position in the software that they will NEVER be in in real life no matter how you rotate them. Why would you guys design the UI to look different than the actual situation we're all using? It seems like a no-brainer to make the diagrams in the software align properly with the actual fans instead of having them all be slightly off kilter. It also makes it more difficult when designing custom lighting designs to have to adjust everything in your head because the software has the LED's in the wrong places. I could understand this being a mistake, but I find it extremely surprising that you say it was a conscious choice made by the UI designers.

I will definitely pass the feedback along and they may look into adjusting it but at this time its not considered a bug.

I will definitely pass the feedback along and they may look into adjusting it but at this time its not considered a bug.

Thank you.

As for the fan lighting not showing up in iCue 4, is there a fix for this, or should I just roll back to version 3 where it all worked ok. One of the reasons I upgraded to 4 was that I was told in a different thread that one of the features of 4 is that we are supposed to be able to control LED lighting on MSI motherboards, which I was hoping to do since I have an MSI z490 meg ace and avoid using dragon center (MSI's software) due to the problems with that software. I don't see an option to do that anywhere though. Was I misinformed, or is there a way to do this?

• Corsair Employee
Thank you.

As for the fan lighting not showing up in iCue 4, is there a fix for this, or should I just roll back to version 3 where it all worked ok. One of the reasons I upgraded to 4 was that I was told in a different thread that one of the features of 4 is that we are supposed to be able to control LED lighting on MSI motherboards, which I was hoping to do since I have an MSI z490 meg ace and avoid using dragon center (MSI's software) due to the problems with that software. I don't see an option to do that anywhere though. Was I misinformed, or is there a way to do this?

What fan lighting are you attempting to control and how are they connected. For the RGB integration to work with MSI motherboards you still have to have Dragon Center/Mystic Light installed but not running.

What fan lighting are you attempting to control and how are they connected. For the RGB integration to work with MSI motherboards you still have to have Dragon Center/Mystic Light installed but not running.

I posted that several posts ago: Here is a copy/paste of the fans I have connected:

Originally Posted by Parmenedes

All of the fans except one (the last one in the list) are the 8-LED ML fans that come with elite capellix coolers (not the ML fans with 4 LED’s that you can purchase separately). Each fan has the same number associated with the fan itself and the LED connector (e.g. fan 4 is connected to LED connector 4 in the CoCo).

In the Elite Capellix CoCo 1-6 are:

1: 140mm ML 8-LED

2: 120mm ML 8-LED

3: 140mm ML 8-LED

4: 120mm ML 8-LED

5: 120mm ML 8-LED

6: 120mm ML 8-LED

The second commander core:

2: 140mm ML 8-LED

3: 120mm dual light-loop LL RGB

The only fans that show up properly in lighting control are fan 1 in each CoCo. They all show up fine in the fan control itself - just not in the lighting section. There is no option to add channels, fans, or anything else, as indicated by the images I posted several posts ago as well, which I will attach again here, and it doesn't matter what I select in the drop-down menu under which type of fan you have. In other words, the only fan in each CoCo that shows up is "LED Port #1", and there does not appear to be a way to get the other LED Ports to show up despite them having worked fine in version 3.

Edit: The forums apparently won't let me post the pics again since I already posted them once in this thread. You can find them further up, to be specific in POST ID # = 1088197 and 1088198 on page 20 of this thread.

Edited by Parmenedes

• Corsair Employee
I posted that several posts ago: Here is a copy/paste of the fans I have connected:

Originally Posted by Parmenedes

All of the fans except one (the last one in the list) are the 8-LED ML fans that come with elite capellix coolers (not the ML fans with 4 LED’s that you can purchase separately). Each fan has the same number associated with the fan itself and the LED connector (e.g. fan 4 is connected to LED connector 4 in the CoCo).

In the Elite Capellix CoCo 1-6 are:

2: 120mm ML 8-LED

3: 140mm ML 8-LED

4: 120mm ML 8-LED

5: 120mm ML 8-LED

6: 120mm ML 8-LED

The second commander core:

2: 140mm ML 8-LED

3: 120mm dual light-loop LL RGB

The only fans that show up properly in lighting control are fan 1 in each CoCo. They all show up fine in the fan control itself - just not in the lighting section. There is no option to add channels, fans, or anything else, as indicated by the images I posted several posts ago as well, which I will attach again here, and it doesn't matter what I select in the drop-down menu under which type of fan you have.

Edit: The forums apparently won't let me post the pics again since I already posted them once in this thread. You can find them further up.

Open a ticket at help.corsair.com and our support team should be able to assist you. The issue with lighting is most likely unrelated to iCUE 4.

Open a ticket at help.corsair.com and our support team should be able to assist you. The issue with lighting is most likely unrelated to iCUE 4.

Uh... it all worked perfectly with iCue 3. I could program the lights however I wanted and have been able to for years. Literally the moment I updated to icue4 is when the issue began, so I'm pretty certain it is directly connected to icue4.

I'm guessing Corsair Nick is not responding anymore? He was helping me here yesterday, and since others have chimed in in various places on this thread with similar problems, I'm guessing it would be helpful for others to see potential troubleshooting steps here. But I'll try opening a ticket and see what they say, although I'll probably just end up reverting back to 3 since everything worked fine there.

• Corsair Employee
Uh... it all worked perfectly with iCue 3. I could program the lights however I wanted and have been able to for years. Literally the moment I updated to icue4 is when the issue began, so I'm pretty certain it is directly connected to icue4.

I'm guessing Corsair Nick is not responding anymore? He was helping me here yesterday, and since others have chimed in in various places on this thread with similar problems, I'm guessing it would be helpful for others to see potential troubleshooting steps here. But I'll try opening a ticket and see what they say, although I'll probably just end up reverting back to 3 since everything worked fine there.

The ability to configure the fan setup of the Elite Capellix Cooler and the Commander Core has not been changed in iCUE 4. If you are having issues that can't be resolved by following the clean uninstall and install instructions, you will need to be contacting our support team for further assistance by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com

Question - What about renaming Fans connected to the Commander Core? in iCUE 3 this was easily done. I changed my AIO now to the H150i Elite, but the fan still have the names I gave them with my previous setup. In iCUE 4 I cannot change the fan names. Will this be brought back because now the fans are wrong.

You can change the name of the fans but you have to do this from the "Dashboard" screen:

• Make sure the Commander Core is shown as a widget in Dashboard,
  • Hover over the fan and click the "three vertical dot" menu, and
  • Choose "Rename Sensor".

You can change the name of the fans but you have to do this from the "Dashboard" screen:

• Make sure the Commander Core is shown as a widget in Dashboard,
  • Hover over the fan and click the "three vertical dot" menu, and
  • Choose "Rename Sensor".

Yeah, but no. I am talking about in the main display. I don't use the Dashboard. I mean under the H150i device, Cooling, what is seen there. In iCUE 3 you could simply double click on it and change it. Using your method only changes the Dashboard, but not the actual name of the Fan in iCUE.

• Corsair Employee
Yeah, but no. I am talking about in the main display. I don't use the Dashboard. I mean under the H150i device, Cooling, what is seen there. In iCUE 3 you could simply double click on it and change it. Using your method only changes the Dashboard, but not the actual name of the Fan in iCUE.

Renaming devices is currently being worked on.

The ability to configure the fan setup of the Elite Capellix Cooler and the Commander Core has not been changed in iCUE 4. If you are having issues that can't be resolved by following the clean uninstall and install instructions, you will need to be contacting our support team for further assistance by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com

Yeah that didn't work. I just uninstalled 4 and reverted to 3 which works perfectly. I'll wait for the many, many kinks to be worked out before updating to 4.

Read from page 18 , post 263 on .

Its not " supported " but worked fine for me.

Thanks, but seems (1) remains after updating the config file whilst iCue was not running. Tried a few times, seems like it is cached or picking up from else where

Useless cosmetic change making the interface even more confusing.

Removal of support for products still being sold on shelves.

Exact same bugs folks have been reporting for years.

Why does clicking on my mouse in the app change the color on my KEYBOARD to 'Rainbow'.

You know what I do, I install it to check for firmware updates for the devices. Then, I remove your POS software for obvious reasons. Holy crap, your software is crap and has been for years.

Bingo!! Me too. On my rigs with Corsair fan and RGB control, I only use iCue to update firmware in my Commander Pros and Lighting Node Pros. Then exit iCue, stop and disable 3 Corsair services, then use "another program" to control the Corsair devices.

This time around I decided to avoid the Corsair headaches all together and went with Aquasuite control. After reading the last 10 pages of this thread, I am glad I decided to step up to Aquasuite. Their software and hardware devices are rock stable and a pleasure to use. I do like some of the iCue RGB presets and thought about installing it on my new rig but after reading all of this, its not worth it.

Corsair has invested heavily in becoming the "Bling Kings" but I think they are in over their heads with iCue. I have been dealing with Corsair software since the Link days and the old Commander, and its always been an endless game of whack-a-mole with bugs. Now they have bloat and bugs. Is it possible to have bloated bugs?

I have an MSI Z390 board, the i-eat-8%-cpu-plugin running, but no control in icue4 whatsoever. What is to do?

We have brought this up with the developers and are waiting to hear back as to if this is intended or something overlooked. At this time though you are not able to rename the devices that show up in the device list of iCUE.

As some one with multiple commander pro's running numerous corsair fans this is a large inconvenience. As the commander pro's may load in a different order on each restart renaming each makes it easy to tell which device is which. Very disappointed to see this removed from the new version.

Edited by VeriSkye1123

Okay so upgraded to iCUE 4 the other day & all seemed fine. I then noticed Dashboard items and Home screen sensor items would disappear every time I boot up the system in the morning.

Uninstalled, did a fresh clean install. Seems to have fixed Dashboard/Home sensor issue, but now my SSDs are not showing up on Dashboard & there is no option to add them back in. (Samsung NVMe SSD).

What's up with that?

Thanks, but seems (1) remains after updating the config file whilst iCue was not running. Tried a few times, seems like it is cached or picking up from else where

Hey , not sure why its not working for you as it worked fine here.

According to a post from a Corsair rep renaming is now being worked on so hopefully it will appear in an update.

Hey , not sure why its not working for you as it worked fine here.

According to a post from a Corsair rep renaming is now being worked on so hopefully it will appear in an update.

Yeah not sure. I can wait, it's a minor problem.

• Corsair Employee
Okay so upgraded to iCUE 4 the other day & all seemed fine. I then noticed Dashboard items and Home screen sensor items would disappear every time I boot up the system in the morning.

Uninstalled, did a fresh clean install. Seems to have fixed Dashboard/Home sensor issue, but now my SSDs are not showing up on Dashboard & there is no option to add them back in. (Samsung NVMe SSD).

What's up with that?

Make sure you have gone to Settings in the iCUE software, Dashboard, and that the Storage Drive Widget is enabled.

StorageWidget.thumb.png.6886043c9834bb8de7495b8862d48b0e.png