Corsair Community

Wonkyness with Corsair Lighting Node Pro & SP120 Fans

whuber97

How far away from GU12? I wonder if Corsair would send them to me so I check what happens if a CLCP is used to control them.

Quite, I'm South Wales.

Well I'm not sure if anyone has said this, someone probably has but I just worked out the difference between the two numbers, the 61 fan is the manufacturer code for the 3-pack plus controller, the 59 is for the single fan.

Guess saving a few bucks because I didn't need a second controller has backfired. :evil:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite, I'm South Wales.

Well I'm not sure if anyone has said this, someone probably has but I just worked out the difference between the two numbers, the 61 fan is the manufacturer code for the 3-pack plus controller, the 59 is for the single fan.

Guess saving a few bucks because I didn't need a second controller has backfired. :evil:

Thank you, I have asked Corsair Dustin (CL4 manager) if it's possible for me to get your wonky SP120 RGB LED fans :thinking:.

Yes, the 59 vs. 61 makes no difference and if you carefully read all of this thread you should see both have had the issue. AFAIK they are physically the same fans with just different labels, 1 x SP120 is 1 x 59 and 3 x SL120 is 3 x 61.

What you did should have been fine, have you requested an RMA?

Hi Guys, sry i didnt write, but nice to see you guys are still figuring out why there is a problem.

I requested a RMA. Today 6 New SP120 Fans will arrive and i will test it. Corsair said i should send all my 6 Fans back (3 Work, 3 dont, all are 59-WW). I hope 3 of the new Fans will work and i can send all non working back.

Ill also check them if there are any differences (3pack, single pack, maybe date) and then ill write again.

Have a nice day

Guys, very good news from my end. I deleted and uninstalled everything that had to do with Corsair Link and the Lighting Node (delete from Devices and printers). Then I set up everything, 3 seperate bought SP120 RGB and 3 SP120 RGB from the Crystal 460x case connected to the led hub. The led hub connected to the Lighting Node. Led strips connected to the Lighting Node. Reinstalled Corsair Link and adjusted the settings there, and now everything works like it was supposed to.

• Corsair Employee
Thank you, I have asked Corsair Dustin (CL4 manager) if it's possible for me to get your wonky SP120 RGB LED fans :thinking:.

Yes, the 59 vs. 61 makes no difference and if you carefully read all of this thread you should see both have had the issue. AFAIK they are physically the same fans with just different labels, 1 x SP120 is 1 x 59 and 3 x SL120 is 3 x 61.

What you did should have been fine, have you requested an RMA?

Can't do that, we need them internally for FA.

WhiteHawk77, please request an RMA and mention to the customer service representative that I said we need the hardware for failure analysis. They should take care of you.

Can't do that, we need them internally for FA.

WhiteHawk77, please request an RMA and mention to the customer service representative that I said we need the hardware for failure analysis. They should take care of you.

I'd already did an RMA ticket last night, waiting on response.

Guys, very good news from my end. I deleted and uninstalled everything that had to do with Corsair Link and the Lighting Node (delete from Devices and printers). Then I set up everything, 3 seperate bought SP120 RGB and 3 SP120 RGB from the Crystal 460x case connected to the led hub. The led hub connected to the Lighting Node. Led strips connected to the Lighting Node. Reinstalled Corsair Link and adjusted the settings there, and now everything works like it was supposed to.

Hey there, could you possibly write out a step by step walk through of exactly what you did.

Did you unplug anything, like the USB to the Node?

What channel do you have the fans and strips on? I have the strips on channel 1 and fan hub on channel 2.

A little update of my case. Yesterday I've received a fan replacement from corsair. They've sent me a 3 pack with controller (why not ;). New ones have part number *61. Work as they should.

So this confirms, that fans from Crystal cases (460x) have an issue.

A little update of my case. Yesterday I've received a fan replacement from corsair. They've sent me a 3 pack with controller (why not ;).

Good, I suspected new fans should work. What did Corsair ask you to do with the faulty ones?

Hi Guys!

Yesterday my RMA package arrived. 6 Fans with 59-WW.

I replaced the fans from the 570x with 3 new ones and with a bit of magic, everything worked as intended.

I'll send the faulty ones and the three not used back to corsair.

Good, I suspected new fans should work. What did Corsair ask you to do with the faulty ones?

They provided a prepaid dhl label, courier picked up a package with case fans last week.

So the entire replacement took 9 days (faster than some replacements in Poland ;)), with both way shipment (POL->NLD->POL).

They provided a prepaid dhl label, courier picked up a package with case fans last week.

The Corsair RMA service is rather good. With an express RMA once had the item the next day same with the, CLCPs that Dustin sent me.

I wonder if they will ever tell us what the actual issue is/was.

A little update of my case. Yesterday I've received a fan replacement from corsair. They've sent me a 3 pack with controller (why not ;). New ones have part number *61. Work as they should.

And 570x cases. Did you use the new controller or just replace the fans?

• Corsair Employee

Hi Guys!

Yesterday my RMA package arrived. 6 Fans with 59-WW.

I replaced the fans from the 570x with 3 new ones and with a bit of magic, everything worked as intended.

I'll send the faulty ones and the three not used back to corsair.

Do you guys remember the part # of the fans came with you case that had defects? We'll try to track down if there is a certain batch that we keep an eye on. Thanks

And 570x cases. Did you use the new controller or just replace the fans?

I replaced fans only. Controller attached to the fan set is as installed in 460x rgb case. I do not use it. That is why I'm looking for a top panel from 460x case (not rgb).

Do you guys remember the part # of the fans came with you case that had defects? We'll try to track down if there is a certain batch that we keep an eye on. Thanks

My fans pn ended with 59, but be aware, that fan which I've bought separately has also the same part number as wonky ones, and it works great.

For me, it looks like in fans you use two types of rgb leds (with almost compatible), for example WS2812B and PD9823, which has different base timing.

How long do Tickets take to get a response normally?

Also, a bit off topic but I bought a Commander Pro from the Corsair shop on the 28th of May and it was shipped out but it's been stuck in Bristol from the 31st and now it has two updates, one on the 1st and one on the 2nd with: OH Shipment on hold

Anyone know why that is? I hope they don't try and charge me duty as I didn't see anything like that on the shop and I don't think I was charged before when ordering there.

Update on the Commander Pro issue, called DHL and it seems Corsair didn't put my address on the package, just the town, that's pretty handy.

Well, as it's gone dead in here I'll update with some news.

Two things happened today, Corsair after 8 days finally answered my RMA ticket, but i'm not happy, they want me to send them the fans and the LED hub before I'll get replacements, oh good, so I'm not going to have any fans sucking in air in my PC case for how long? A week or two at least? I'm sure I've read here that people got replacements, and then sent the original ones back after?

The other thing is I finally got my Commander Pro from the Corsair shop after it was stuck in Bristol DHL depot for 6 days because Corsair didn't put the full address on the package for them to know where to deliver it. So installed it today and lo and behold, all fans including the case fans work and light up just fine with the Commander Pro.

So clearly there is at least two types of LED's in these SP120 fans and the Lighting Node Pro is at fault as the Commander Pro handles them just fine, at least this seems like what is happening anyway.

So just to be clear, you are saying that the 3 x SP120 fans that came with your 570x case that did NOT work when connected to the Lighting Node Pro DO work when connected to the Commander Pro? That is indeed very interesting...

So just to be clear, you are saying that the 3 x SP120 fans that came with your 570x case that did NOT work when connected to the Lighting Node Pro DO work when connected to the Commander Pro? That is indeed very interesting...

Yes, that is correct.

Yes, that is correct.

This is rather strange as the control protocols for the CLCP and CLNP LEDs is identical so I assume they share common firmware. I wonder if the CLNP has later firmware with improved SP fan support.

The latest firmware versions are CLCP V0.1.131 + CLNP V0.3.72 but there is no way to know which is the newer, I guess the CLCP.

Archived