Corsair Community

Wonkyness with Corsair Lighting Node Pro & SP120 Fans

whuber97

So seems the LNP and SP fans compatibility issue is a sure thing and no fix atm. I have brought two 3xHD120 packs and the LNP instead. Spent lot more than I first planned, ouch

I've considered doing that as well, however the last thing I want to do right now is give Corsair any more money, especially considering in the last 2 months I've bought a Crystal 460x RGB case, LNP, 3x additional SP120 fans, an H110i, an M65 mouse and a K70X keyboard.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update for those following...

Corsair is sending me a replacement LNP device, despite me already having told them that I already got a 2nd one from micro center, and that 4 other people on the forums have the same exact issue. I find it highly unlikely that all of us have defective hardware.

I'll post back here once the replacement arrives, though I think I'm going to have the same result...

I also dont think its damaged hardware.

I have my 6 SP120s attached to the Fan Controller. All is fine.

1st LNP Channel is for the LEDs. They are fine too.

If i plug the Fans to the LNP they just flicker. Also tried different combinations of cable. Theres no logic in it.

Ill watch this thread dayli. Lets hope for some fancy replies from corsair.

Registered just so I could reply to this thread. Same issue as all the previous posts, Corsair support is clueless on the topic at hand, all signs point to software, yet Corsair keeps offering RMAs to try to fix an issue related to hardware.

I've tried 2 separate LNP, 3 different firmware versions, 3 different fan controllers (the 6 ports that come with the fans), all to the same results.

Unfortunately I feel like SP users will have to wait for a firmware update to address this, if Corsair ever decides to look into it.

My RMA shipped today. Corsair won't acknowledge my questions in my case pertaining all of the other people on this thread that have the exact same problem.

So either they have a massive quality control issue with at least 6 (7 now) defective LNPs from all over the world out there (less likely), or there is a firmware problem that they aren't acknowledging (more likely).

The interesting thing is they told me I don't need to return my existing LNP, they've already shipped the replacement. I tried to get them to confirm that they tested this unit specifically with SP120s but can't get a straight answer.

I guess the advice I have to the people here with the issue is to open your own cases yourselves. It's clear that the support reps that handle the cases don't actually read the forums, despite me linking them to several examples here of others with the same issue... so it might help to have all of us open individual cases to get their attention...

Hi

I've recently bought corsair crystal 460 rgb and additionally LNP. I can confirm that problem with blinking SP120 fans persists on the latest corsair link and lnp firmware. No mather what effect is set for sp fans, they always blinks.

I'm thinking if the issue is with LNP or maybe with fan hub.

I've recently bought corsair crystal 460 rgb and additionally LNP. I can confirm that problem with blinking SP120 fans persists on the latest corsair link and lnp firmware. No mather what effect is set for sp fans, they always blinks.

I'm thinking if the issue is with LNP or maybe with fan hub.

I don't see this issue. How many SP fans do you have and how is the LNP configured. Post the CL 4.7.0.77 configuration panel.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

It would be helpful if you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra

I have 4 SP120 RGB fans (3 was in case, 1 bought). LNP is connected to the hub with attached 2 wire cable.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29090&d=1495205481

I have setup the same and don't see any flashing. I suspect you should ask for an RMA.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29093&stc=1&d=1495210415

1784554139_LNP4xStrip4xSP.thumb.png.db612b48b2feb68fb9c2e5a9d3a39965.png

Do you know, what kind of leds are used in SP120? Is it WS2812?

No, but AFAIK the HD fans use WS2812/WS2811.

SP120 RGB fans use four surface mount 5050 RGB LEDs per fan with a UCS1903 chipset per fan. This means each fan can be controlled as a "Single LED" with the FastLED library set to LED_TYPE = UCS1903

Alright, I did some research, and have some results.

First of all, IMHO SP120 RGB are not UCS1903. I've check documentation for it and this uC requires 800kHz oscillator. I've checked on oscilloscope the signal from LNP and it is oscillated at 400kHz.

The second thing, if the LNP is connected to rgb hub, oscillation is rock solid. If I connect this fancy 3 button controller to the hub, oscillation varies from 400 to 420kHz.

And the last thing, which is probobly the best example of WTF:

In my configuration, fans enclosed with crystal case were connected to the rgb hub to ports 1-3.

My new sp120 fan, was connected to port 4. All were blinking.

But if I connect a spare fan to port 1 on rgb hub, IT WORKS, but only this one. Other tree fans blink. I do not have another spare SP120 for tests, but I suppose, that it will work like a charm at port 2 of rgb hub.

@red-ray, you've bought 4 sp120, am I right? They are not from crystal or other case ;).

@red-ray, you've bought 4 sp120, am I right? They are not from crystal or other case ;).

The SP120s I have are not from a crystal or other case and the numbers printed on them all are:

12V DC 0.30A

CO-9050061-WW

RWF0016

MADE IN CHINA

What part numbers are your fans?

1. Why are your fans CO-9050059-WW when mine are CO-9050061-WW? 3 pack vs. 1 pack I guess.
  2. What are your RWF0016 type numbers?
  3. If you connect just one of the fans that came with the case what happens?
  4. I am starting to wonder if Corsair messed up and fixed this with a later revision.

1. I don't know. I bought the case and a fan in large polish internet store. They could stay at stock for a months.

2. The same (4 fans). All spec is the same (voltage, current).

3. Blinks (all 3 fans from case connected to port 1 of the hub).

4. Probably, but the same part number and RWF0016 denies this.

It is awkward. My conclusion is that Corsair in crystal cases is not using the same SP120 RGB fan, that can be bought separately. Maybe these fans did not meet some internal requirements. I suppose Corsair will not answer it :).

Archived