Corsair Community

Wonkyness with Corsair Lighting Node Pro & SP120 Fans

whuber97

This is rather strange as the control protocols for the CLCP and CLNP LEDs is identical so I assume they share common firmware. I wonder if the CLNP has later firmware with improved SP fan support.

The latest firmware versions are CLCP V0.1.131 + CLNP V0.3.72 but there is no way to know which is the newer, I guess the CLCP.

All I know is it worked fine out of the box and I set it up the same as the Node with the LED strips on channel 1, and the fan LED hub connected to channel 2. Didn't even change the hub to Node cable as they are the same.

The only difference is I moved the three pin fan power cables from the motherboard to the Commander so I can control the fan speeds through Link which was the main reason for me getting it.

It worked before I did the firmware update that was available and after, no flickering at all, effects work fine. We will have to see if they can fix the Node to work with both types of SP120's or if it's a hardware deficient.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy to report now that I finally have 6 working SP120 fans with my LNP. Sending all 6 defective ones (the original 3 from the Crystal 460X RGB Case) and the 3 replacements that were sent to me that were also defective back to Corsair.

Thanks,

Will

• 1 month later...
Sorry to bump up this thread, but just received my 460X RGB today and ordered a CLNP which is coming tomorrow. Does this issue persist still? Or has it been fixed?

Though it doesn't answer your question, I'm going to pipe in and strongly suggest getting HD RGB fans to replace the SP ones. It makes a world of difference in visual appearance and appeal. Don't feel pressured to do so though. Just the side of "Well, it works out of the box with the sad controller" comes into play and makes an excuse for them. *sigh*

Otherwise if this does still be a problem, then you're looking forward to RMAs anyway. I've never been a fan of USC1903 LED controllers. They're much more prone to data interference and timing discrepancy issues.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who likes the appearance of the SP120s over HD120s, plus I don't want to mix fans, so the last thing I want to do is to get 6 HD120s and be almost $200 poorer.

If the problem still persists, eh doesn't matter too much since I plan on just running solid colors. Wonder if I can RMA the fans at Corsair HQ since I'm only 15 minutes away.

Hello, i'm in the same situation as many before me, i buyed a 460x and 3 sp120 with LNP and got the same issue, the 3 fans of the case doesn't work properly, i did a support ticket and got answered i had to wait until they release a fix. So to this day the issue still exist and a fix may appear in a "Near ?" future.

Hello, i'm in the same situation as many before me, i buyed a 460x and 3 sp120 with LNP and got the same issue, the 3 fans of the case doesn't work properly, i did a support ticket and got answered i had to wait until they release a fix. So to this day the issue still exist and a fix may appear in a "Near ?" future.

Gonna have to RMA those case fans and hope Corsair sends you the good ones or get a Commander Pro. Sadly those are the only fixes right now.

Hi, new user here. Just got my 460x case 2 weeks ago, and a 4th SP120 RGB and a Lighting Node Pro last weekend. Add me to the list of, when everything is assembled out of the box, my fans didn't work with the Corsair Link software. I'm very disappointed that the Node is advertised as being compatible with these fans which isn't the case (until the firmware gets fixed). I'll file my customer support ticket today, but it sounds like unless I want to spend weeks without my fans I'm SOL until a firmware update gets made. Kind of disappointing that hardware this expensive doesn't work as advertised out of the box. Can only hope the good people over at Corsair can have a firmware solution quickly.

Add me to the list of, when everything is assembled out of the box, my fans didn't work with the Corsair Link software.

AFAIK it's only fans that came with the case that have this issue, so it's worth trying the 4th SP fan in LED HUB port 1.

Good luck with Corsair support.

AFAIK it's only fans that came with the case that have this issue, so it's worth trying the 4th SP fan in LED HUB port 1.

Good luck with Corsair support.

Thanks for the info. I have the case included fans in 1-3, and the extra fan i bought in slot 4. Only the fan in slot 1 correctly communicated with the computer, and that one came with the case which is odd. Time to open that support ticket I guess.

Edit: after double checking, 1 of the 3 case fans is fine, and my added fan (fan 4) works, so long as no broken ones are in the chain between. So I can operate 2 of the 4 (including 1 that came with the case), as long as they are wired at 1 and 2, and they don't pass through the other 2.

To people who still have this issue or are interested in purchasing the 570x case with the Lighting node pro an additional 3 Sp120 Fans, Corsair just approve my RMA over a week later, as opposed to the 2 days promised... And have stated that I need to send back the 3 defective fans that came with the case and they will send replacement ones.

Pretty funny how I have to go out of my way and waste my time, to package and ship parts, pay for postage and handling fees, then go without fans in my case for however long it takes for my package to reach Taiwan and then get sent back to Australia, all because Corsair is at fault as they are unable to make their products work together. Why cant corsair just simply hotfix corsair link or LNP to make fans that come with their cases work? It's been 4 months since this thread was posted?

Why does the customer have to suffer for Corsairs mistakes? Was considering buying a complete set of peripherals but I hear cue is also riddled with issues and considering this is the kind of support Corsair gives, I'll probably pass on all Corsair products from here on out.

TLDR: Probably don't buy LNP if you want your corsair 570x fans to work with them without having to wait weeks to get it working how they're advertised :)

edit: postage is almost the price of 2 fans! You're probably better off buying new ones to begin with rather than wait around for corsairs great customer service!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Latest LNP firmware update should resolve this for most users (should be available now if you check for device updates in CL4).

If you still are experiencing issues:

Please ensure that you have the latest LNP firmware installed as well as the latest version of Corsair Link on your system.

Contact our technical support team if further assistance is required.

Archived