Corsair Community

Wonkyness with Corsair Lighting Node Pro & SP120 Fans

whuber97

• Corsair Employee
Tomorrow, dhl will pick up my fans (ticket no. #6931122).

I think, they will get to Netherlands till friday, so you will be able to do some investigation on them.

Hello,

We are not getting them directly to test, so we'll be unfortunately unable to investigate on this specific issue.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello,

We are not getting them directly to test, so we'll be unfortunately unable to investigate on this specific issue.

Strange. Event if you're in USA, they can send you this package.

Anyway, you can pick any corsair crystal 460x case and do the tests ;).

Sooo, I want to keep this thread alive guys. Has anyone tried changing the led hub in the case with the led hub that came in the tripple pack? And is there anyone, who has a Corsair Crystal case, with 6 SP120 fans and the lighting node all connected and working?

Sooo, I want to keep this thread alive guys. Has anyone tried changing the led hub in the case with the led hub that came in the tripple pack? And is there anyone, who has a Corsair Crystal case, with 6 SP120 fans and the lighting node all connected and working?

I suspect the issue can't be an issue with the hub as:

• 1 x case SP120 RGB LED in port 1 had the flashing issue
  • 1 x extra SP120 RGB LED in port 1 worked as it should
  • The lighting hub contains no active components

I would like to know the actual cause as I feel unless you understand why there was the issue it might come back.

The hub is just a passthrough. PCB, connectors. No more no less.

Me too Ray, especially because the controller built in 460x works ok with these fans.

Anyway, I wonder if Corsair will inform us what caused this issue.

Okey, at this moment my build is almost at its end. Just need ram and gpu. But i can power up the pc (not booting up). And only the fan in port 1 of the led hub has rgb light on. To be clear, in ports 1-2-3 my seperate bought fans are connected. In 4-5-6, the case fans are plugged in. Is this because the LNP hasn't been firmware updated?

Update from my end:

I received 4 replacement fans from Corsair. 3 were part of the 3-pack, part number CO-9050061-WW, and one individually packaged - part number CO-9050059-WW.

The individually packaged fan works as expected like the other 3 individual fans I purchased - and the 3 that came in the 3 pack flicker like the 3 that were delivered with the case.

What's MORE interesting is that the 3 initial problematic fans that shipped with the case have the individual CO-9050059-WW part number, they were not part of a 3 pack like the replacement ones I got.

Seems there is a (big) bad batch of SP120s out there...

For those keeping count now... I have 4 functional fans that work as expected, with part number CO-9050059-WW, and I have 6 non-functional fans that just flicker - 3 with CO-9050059-WW (came with the case) and 3 with CO-9050061-WW (replacements from Corsair support).

This must be one of the trickier threads to follow.

What country are you in and where were the fans sent from?

Corsair are sending me 3 x SP120 RGB LED and I am wondering if I will get the "flashing" ones.

This must be one of the trickier threads to follow.

What country are you in and where were the fans sent from?

Corsair are sending me 3 x SP120 RGB LED and I am wondering if I will get the "flashing" ones.

I'm in New York and the fans were shipped from California.

3 x SP120 just arrived from the Netherlands and I now have 6 x SP120 and all six work :eek:

So you started a support ticket at Corsair, explaining the Crystal 460x fans don't work with the Node Pro, mentioning this thread and then they send you 3 new SP120? And now you have replaced the fans that came with the case and everything works as supposed to!?

So you started a support ticket at Corsair, explaining the Crystal 460x fans don't work with the Node Pro, mentioning this thread and then they send you 3 new SP120? And now you have replaced the fans that came with the case and everything works as supposed to!?

No and I do not even have a Crystal 460x case. Why are you asking me?

I now have 6 x SP120, 3 arrived today and all 6 work.

• Corsair Employee

@Gunner, I just saw this issue and I am a little curious on this particular issue that you brought up. So please forgive me if I somehow missed a critical info that you already mentioned. Are you saying that the the 3 x SP120 RGB fans that came with your 460X is having issues with the Lighting node PRO? or was it total of 6 x SP120 RGB fans?

Did the 3 x SP120 RGB fans ever work with the can fan hub? (without the node pro) And you said that it was flicker when connected to the node pro, do you mind posting a video of that?

I have a 570x, bought three extra SP120's, just installed Lighting Node Pro, strips are fine but having the same issues as others here, front three fans that came with the case are flashing sporadically, extra three have no lighting. All fans worked fine with the normal case controller, what can be done about this?

front three fans that came with the case are flashing sporadically, extra three have no lighting.

Try the extra 3 fans in hub ports 1 + 2 + 3, if they work OK request an RMA for the other three. Also check you have the 0.3.72 firmware which is currently the latest.

• Corsair Employee
I have a 570x, bought three extra SP120's, just installed Lighting Node Pro, strips are fine but having the same issues as others here, front three fans that came with the case are flashing sporadically, extra three have no lighting. All fans worked fine with the normal case controller, what can be done about this?

In Corsair Link under devices, check if you need to update the Node Pro's FW and update it if it has an older FW version. Also, make sure you initialize the extra fans that are not lit in Corsair Link. You can add those fans under LED channels via configuration.

@Gunner, I just saw this issue and I am a little curious on this particular issue that you brought up. So please forgive me if I somehow missed a critical info that you already mentioned. Are you saying that the the 3 x SP120 RGB fans that came with your 460X is having issues with the Lighting node PRO? or was it total of 6 x SP120 RGB fans?

Did the 3 x SP120 RGB fans ever work with the can fan hub? (without the node pro) And you said that it was flicker when connected to the node pro, do you mind posting a video of that?

I will try everything again tomorrow. I will connect the extra fans from the 3 pack to connectors 1-2-3 from the led hub and the fans that came with the case to connectors 4-5-6. CL is up to date and the Lighting Node has the newest firmware.

Right now all fans are connected to the led hub, but he led hub is not linked to the Lighting Node. And everything works, just not together.

Try the extra 3 fans in hub ports 1 + 2 + 3, if they work OK request an RMA for the other three. Also check you have the 0.3.72 firmware which is currently the latest.

Hi, I already have the 0.3.72 firmware with this issue. I just disconnected the front three original case fans led connectors from the hub and moved the other fans from 4, 5 and 6 to 1, 2 and 3 and those work fine now.

Now how do go about RMAing just the 3 original case fans and is this a sure way to fix the issue?

In Corsair Link under devices, check if you need to update the Node Pro's FW and update it if it has an older FW version. Also, make sure you initialize the extra fans that are not lit in Corsair Link. You can add those fans under LED channels via configuration.

On latest 0.3.72 firmware, fan leds were added in Link, as stated in my post previous to this one I tried the extra fans in the first 3 ports instead of last 3 and they work ok on they're own.

Now how do go about RMAing just the 3 original case fans and is this a sure way to fix the issue?

I suspect this might happen, log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and explain what happened. I would be inclined to link to this thread. Remember to upload your original invoice.

I suspect they will just send you 3 x SP120 replacement fans, they should work and if they don't RMA again

If you look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=905878 you should note there have already been several RMAs.

All 6 x SP120s that I have are OK, maybe it's a batch in a different country, where are you?

I wonder if the issue is just the LNP, I would be interested to see what happens if I plug a dodgy SP120 RGB LED into a CLCP.

I suspect this might happen, log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and explain what happened. I would be inclined to link to this thread. Remember to upload your original invoice.

I suspect they will just send you 3 x SP120 replacement fans, they should work and if they don't RMA again

If you look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=905878 you should note there have already been several RMAs.

All 6 x SP120s that I have are OK, maybe it's a batch in a different country, where are you?

I wonder if the issue is just the LNP, I would be interested to see what happens if I plug a dodgy SP120 RGB LED into a CLCP.

I'm in the UK, if some have had replacement fans then I guess it's them that's at fault, but they had fans with a different number. Both my original case fans and the extras are CO-9050059-WW, but they had ones ending 61-WW I think I read, I don't know, I'll try and get replacements with that number if possible.

Thanks.

Archived