Corsair Community

Firmware Discussion (RGB Keyboards 1.15 / RGB Mice 1.16)

Corsair James

I really love this keyboard, I desperately want so bad to keep and use it but unfortunately I'm going to have to return it. Everything I've tried and it will not work correctly anymore through my USB hub despite working 100% before updating the firmware. I never had a single issue with the keyboard for the few days I used it, until I decided hey let me update the firmware. It really sucks for me because a HUB is my only option right now and I would understand if it was only a USB powered hub but it has AC power and should have no problems, again it worked fine before updating the firmware.

I'm just in a bind now because I wanted the corsair RGB keyboard so badly but I'm afraid to try purchasing another one/swapping it out in the fear that the hub will refuse to work altogether with it now, and also afraid to try a K70 because they are so similar I feel like I will end up with same exact results and I was so close to just swapping out the K65 for the 70, now I don't know what to do. Wanted a RGB mechanical keyboard smaller than my CM storm fire but for now I'll have to stick with my current keyboard and keep looking around.

Edit: @ terabyte I just wanted to let you know that in my post I did update the firmware without the HUB and that's when the problems really picked up and it became as unusable as it is now. Upon further testing when I got home from work today, plugging it into the usb ports directly I get a message that one of the usb devices is not recognized/functioning correctly. I look in device manager however and everything shows up okay there, no exclamation marks. My lighting profile I had created and set before this all started loads, and the keyboard, for the most part, works fine. The problem though is that it does not show up in CUE and is not detected by it. I cannot try to update/reinstall the firmware or anything even though I'm at the current one anyway. Nothing shows up under device, cannot change lighting or do anything with it. Essentially it funtions as a regular backlit keyboard that I have no extra control over. When plugging into the hub I get the same issues as last night and it just lights up and cycles through the demo mode and shows up in device manager as an unknown device.

I'm going to return it for now, wait a little while after the holidays and see if anything else is out there/comes out, or if any more firmware updates come out for me to try again in the future.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a problem, hope someone can help me.

I can't update the firmware from 1.13 to 1.15 on my new k70 rgb, cause the program says "failed to update device firmware".

I don't find any place on the web where i can download the 1.15 firmware and do it manually, what can i do?

Ty guys.

Are you using a USB 3.0 port to update the firmware possibly? If yes try using 2 USB 2.0 ports instead. If that doesn't work either you should try from another computer.

I have tried both 2.0 and 3.0.

Why i have to try with another computer? What can be wrong with mine?

The keyboard work perfectly, only when i try to update the firmware the program says i cannot and make the profiles tab not selectable.

Well it was just to test, it seems to have worked for others even thought they had no actual issues with the keyboard itself. As for why it worked for others, no idea :):

Maybe something got stuck the first time in the firmware upgrade process and trying with a fresh install on another computer resets something.

Well it was just to test, it seems to have worked for others even thought they had no actual issues with the keyboard itself. As for why it worked for others, no idea :):

Maybe something got stuck the first time in the firmware upgrade process and trying with a fresh install on another computer resets something.

My friend you are the best. Can't believe it. Using my girlfriend's 14 inchies crap laptop I updated this k70 to 1.15!

Why with my suppah end gaming pc i was not able to do that?

mah.

Ty anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

there are a lot of people with issues on the 1.15 fw. myself for example. The reactive typing is very laggy (the LEDS cant catch up with the typing speed).

i dont have this issue with fw 1.13. so i downgraded back to 1.13 for now.

for comparison:

this is 1.15

[ame]http://youtu.be/k-CghQ9shG8[/ame]

this is 1.13

[ame]http://youtu.be/MYpLa7pL9sc[/ame]

as you can see, quite a difference.

Just bought the Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard and the Corsair M65 RGB Mouse in the past month, and just installed the Firmware Hub for them.

The mouse firmware updated fine, but the Sniper button doesn't work/register and the mouse is treating one left click as two left-clicks; I.E., if I left click a program on the desktop once, it tries to open it. As I said, updated the firmware, unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in, rebooted, all to no avail.

The K70 keyboard firmware update gets to 3% everytime, then says failed to update, and under "Status" reads "Malfunction".

...........?

This is kind of disappointing for about $250 worth of merchandise...

• Corsair Employee
there are a lot of people with issues on the 1.15 fw. myself for example. The reactive typing is very laggy (the LEDS cant catch up with the typing speed).

i dont have this issue with fw 1.13. so i downgraded back to 1.13 for now.

for comparison:

this is 1.15

http://youtu.be/k-CghQ9shG8

this is 1.13

http://youtu.be/MYpLa7pL9sc

as you can see, quite a difference.

What CUE version are you using, and what are your hardware specs?

• Corsair Employee
hi there when can you tell me when this update is available for uk then as im having the same problems it crashing starting the computer in fact I had to re install my computer after installing the corsair k95 rgb

The FW update shouldn't affect your PC status. What happened to your K95 install?

What CUE version are you using, and what are your hardware specs?

hello,

right now im using the latest CUE version (1.3.91) and FW version 1.13

this works really good as you can see in the video.

my Specs:

i7 4770K

ASUS Maximus Ranger VII

16 GB of 1600MHZ Kingston HyperX DDR3-Ram

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 from MSI (Twinfr.)

Samsung Evo SSD 250GB

running win 8.1 PRO

Is there any way I can get the firmware update? I am running windows 8.1 and I cant even get the drivers because Corsair doesnt have drivers for the Corsair Gaming k70RGB for windows 8.1, Also does anyone know a way I can get the program that allows me to change all the colors and stuff on windows 8.1? kus if not i have just wasted $170

• Corsair Employee
Is there any way I can get the firmware update? I am running windows 8.1 and I cant even get the drivers because Corsair doesnt have drivers for the Corsair Gaming k70RGB for windows 8.1, Also does anyone know a way I can get the program that allows me to change all the colors and stuff on windows 8.1? kus if not i have just wasted $170

The RGB keyboard software and native drivers all support Windows 8.1. If you have issues with the OS and our hardware/software, definitely contact our tech support so we can look into it.

• Corsair Employee

Just to let everyone know, FW 1.19 for our RGB mice has been released. Please update through CUE if you haven't done so already.

• Resolved debounce handling for Sabre and M65 RGB Mice

• Resolved USB report rate setting sometimes could get random assignment in USB descriptor when UI reprograms report rate

• Improved RGB PWM handling to get full range for low values

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT:

Nope.

The keyboard didn't work in BIOS or GRUB.

Mine doesn't work in clover (as well as my logitech mouse) - but only after shutting down from Windows. After I power on and then make rest - it works. Or I can unplug the USB and plug it back. The bios switch does not help at all.

If I shut down from OSX then it works ok. This is really weird and I did not happen before.

To add, not only does it affect the Caps Lock key, but for me it affects all of the lock keys.

Agreed on this. I had 1.15 and 1.3.91 on the K95 RGB and everything seemed alright.

-computer booted and shutdown normally

-started steam application without issue

-all lock keys caused light freeze up. After the lock up the keyboard will type normally and the lock keys will still work. But all lighting on the board, including lock key lights, is frozen until I unplug the board and plug it in again. If I do not press them rapidly sometimes it wont lock up but other times simply pressing a lock key once will lock the board lighting. However, if I do not have any animations playing and press the lock keys, even rapidly, there is no lock up. It only happens while light animations are playing.

Note: I did not have up to date bios for my motherboard. And I updated usb drivers and chipset drivers. I have yet to test the firmware and software in this new configuration.

Edit: After reinstalling the software (1.3.91) and with firmware (1.15) on my Asus Crosshair Formula Z (bios ver. 2101) The keyboard works well so far with one problem: the lock keys still intermittently cause the lighting patterns to freeze. No complaints other than that. Going to run some tests with steam atm.

We are all behind you Corsair. These boards are awesome, thank you. :):

Edit_2: I have to quit CUE to start steam then restart CUE otherwise the lighting crashes yet the board still functions for typing. GuildWars2 works on build 1.3.91 with 1.15. Battle.Net works as well. This is all with updated Asmedia controller drivers, chipset, and bios as provided on the downloads page of Asus for my motherboard. Good Luck and Godspeed Corsair.

Edit_3: Found something else that crashes the lighting, plugging in or unplugging my usb 2.0 Logitech F310 gamepad. Logitech Gaming Software Version 8.57.145 Plugging in USB flash drives has no effect. Once again replugging the board restarts the lighting. I have had no conflicts with LGS software until it met the CUE and RGB firmware.

Archived