Corsair Community

Firmware Discussion (RGB Keyboards 1.15 / RGB Mice 1.16)

Corsair James

Hi, I am new to this forum and to this thread. I just discovered this thread while trying to find a solution to my ongoing problems with not one or two but three different K95 RGB units. If anyone who views this thread is responsible for handling fixing problems with the software of "Corsair CUE" or the K95 keyboards PLEASE take what information you can from my thread marked here. And please let me know if there is other information I should give.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone played GRID 2 from Steam? Every time when I start running the game, my whole keyboard lights freezes, and I'm not able to even turn off the lights by pressing the light button. It won't happen on other games, but only on "GRID 2".... I'm using a K70 RGB updated to latest firmware.

Also, I'm not able to power up my PC after using this keyboard, I have to unplug the power cable every time. I'm not sure if this was caused by this keyboard because before switching to this keyboard, my PC is able to power up normally.

Mine freeze all the time too. Just move the bios switch anywhere between 1-4 and leds will work again. That's what I've been doing for months now. Everyone is waiting for Corsair to fix this issue?

Basically.

Dear Corsair,

I understand you guys had a death in your company. I also understand that you have recently moved. But I feel the time between updates, on something that is clearly not functioning even remotely well is getting into the range of absurd and unprofessional.

While I do not be live you are ignoring the issues. I do think that you are attempting to hit a homerun when you are only down 4 runs in the first inning. Meaning that I am sure most of your users, would be happier with smaller incremental updates.

The lights, the main selling point of this keyboard, have not functioned since its release. I already got kind of screw because I bought the mouse (65) early, before you released the 95. Can we get updates to the keyboard firmware for both BIOS and general lighting.

Thanks,

From understanding, but moving from slightly annoyed to angry customer.

Corsair, can you share with us some informations about progress of the path/fix ?

People start to be angry, any info about ETA etc. can really help.

At this point, we can say that CUE is abandoned, we know nothing, any you remain silent. Forum now is flooded with problems about CUE/Hardware of K70/95 RGB and no one is controlling that.

After paying full price, we are really just beta testers...

I just got my k95 rgb today and i am really disappointed because of this freezing issue i have everything uptodate but it is not working as it supposted to.

today i spend like 5 hours reading through forum posts and the only post i saw form corsair was about patch details but no problem related post.

Hi,

I got this keyboard within the last few months and it came preloaded with 1.15. However, in spite of the problem with the powered USB slots switching the keyboard into Rainbow mode being fixed, I can't say that's entirely the case here. When I shut down the PC, it's fine, no problems. But if I plug it out and plug it back in, within a moment, the keyboard will light up with the default red and white arrow/WASD profile for a split second before switching to the Rainbow demo and turning on the PC thereafter reports a "Malfunction" in CUE, and the demo continues. In-fact, the only way to get rid of it is to shut down and plug the computer out again and then wait for the LEDs to switch off after the power is drained. It's not a massive inconvenience, as it does take about 30-60 seconds for the LEDs to erroneously activate and if I turn the PC on before that happens, it's normally all good. But I'd still like it to be fixed as while it's only a minor inconvenience, the keyboard did cost a lot of money and therefore it's a basic requirement for it to behave itself and cause next to zero inconvenience.

Remember, this only happens when the PC is given power from the wall from nothing and not when leaving it plugged in after a shutdown.

Oh and it doesn't seem to make a difference as to whether I use one USB cable in a USB 3 slot or both cables (inserted in the recommended order) in USB 2 slots.

Below is a System Information Report from CUE. My specs have also been added to my profile upon registering here.

::: BIOS

Name : BIOS Date: 08/18/14 16:20:24 Ver: 21.03

Manufacturer : American Megatrends Inc.

Version : ALASKA - 1072009

::: Motherboard

Product name : SABERTOOTH Z87

Manufacturer : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

::: CPU

Name : Intel® Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Description : Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3

Frequency : 3501

Number of cores : 4

Number of logical processors : 8

::: Physical memory

Manufacturer : 0215

Speed : 1600

Form factor : DIMM

Memory type : Unknown

Capacity : 4096 MB

::: USB Controller

Name : Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #1 - 8C26

Manufacturer : Intel

Name : Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft)

Manufacturer : Generic USB xHCI Host Controller

Name : Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series USB EHCI #2 - 8C2D

Manufacturer : Intel

::: OS

Name : Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro

Architecture : 64-bit

Service pack version, major : 0

Service pack version, minor : 0

::: User properties

Is run under administrator : no

User has administrator privileges : yes

::: Video hardware

Adapter name : AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Driver files : aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

Driver version : 14.501.1003.0

RAM : 1 MB

Max refresh rate : 75

Min refresh rate : 50

::: Displays

Name : Generic PnP Monitor

Resolution : 1920 x 1080

Refresh rate : 60

Color depth : 32

Connected to : AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

::: Storage

Model : WDC WD6402AAEX-00Z3A0

Interface type : IDE

Manufacturer : (Standard disk drives)

Size : 596.17 GB

Model : SAMSUNG HD103UJ

Size : 931.511 GB

Model : Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB

Size : 238.468 GB

Model : WDC WD1502FAEX-007BA0

Size : 1397.26 GB

::: Chipset

Short name : Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

Name : Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

Manufacturer : Intel Corporation

Service : iaStorA

::: Corsair devices

Device name : Corsair Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard 1901402FAE3998A45348277BF5001940

Working speed : Full Speed (0x1)

Connected to : Intel® 8 Series/C220 Series B xHCI HC - 8C31

→ Root Hub

→ Port 14

USB VID : 0x1b1c

USB PID : 0x1b13

Hub driver : Standard, USB 3.0

::: Keyboard layouts

Language ID : 0x6153

Layout ID : 0x6153

Name : English

Thanks in advance for taking a look.

EDIT:

This guy here reports the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...
CUE Update today but no positive change. i am getting really annoyed, i spend ***** 220€ on the k95 and the lighting stops EVERY time when i change my Windows Keyboard language...... PLZ CORSAIR FIX THIS.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I just got the awesome if somewhat temperamental K95 RGB from newegg.ca and it's on the 1.13 firmware.

1.13 works perfectly in Windows and nothing crashes but bios mode doesn't work, so I can't use it in Linux or in BIOS. It's kind of funny, I returned the BlackWidow Chroma because it wouldn't light up if I was in any OS other then a Windows with Synapse installed; the K95 lights up but doesn't work if you're not in Windows... lololol!!! What's the deal with RGB keyboards?

I understand that there's a new firmware and hopefully that will fix these issue but I've been reading about a whole new slew of problems that it's engendered on this thread and in overclock.net.

I would like to backup my 1.13 firmware just in case case 1.15 causes more trouble then it solves and I need to downgrade the firmware.

How would I go about backup my firmware and restoring it if the need arises?

Fadi

Hello everyone,

I just got the awesome if somewhat temperamental K95 RGB from newegg.ca and it's on the 1.13 firmware.

1.13 works perfectly in Windows and nothing crashes but bios mode doesn't work, so I can't use it in Linux or in BIOS. It's kind of funny, I returned the BlackWidow Chroma because it wouldn't light up if I was in any OS other then a Windows with Synapse installed; the K95 lights up but doesn't work if you're not in Windows... lololol!!! What's the deal with RGB keyboards?

I understand that there's a new firmware and hopefully that will fix these issue but I've been reading about a whole new slew of problems that it's engendered on this thread and in overclock.net.

I would like to backup my 1.13 firmware just in case case 1.15 causes more trouble then it solves and I need to downgrade the firmware.

How would I go about backup my firmware and restoring it if the need arises?

Fadi

If I recall right Linux has some kind of kernel issue that doesn't let the keyboard work properly. Until the kernel fix gets out your best option first is to try the unofficial driver which should contain the fix I mentioned too: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=133929

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though, I haven't followed closely the linux driver and I remember only some things I've read here and there. Asking in the thread I linked above for confirmation would be better.

If I recall right Linux has some kind of kernel issue that doesn't let the keyboard work properly. Until the kernel fix gets out your best option first is to try the unofficial driver which should contain the fix I mentioned too: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=133929

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though, I haven't followed closely the linux driver and I remember only some things I've read here and there. Asking in the thread I linked above for confirmation would be better.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip. Would you know how I can backup and restore my firmware?

hi new here

recently got my k70 rgb and was looking through the furum and saw lots of software problems similar to mine...delayed boot times keyboard lights freezing/software freezing

My solution was to go into msconfig and select , hide all ms stuff then disable all, then re boot, then back into msconfig to enable just the things i needed like corsair stuff, afterburner, security etc just the minimal essentials and the things i use regular

Now i have no problems runs and works really well...thanks corsair

now i will keep switching things on(there is loads) in msconfig untill i find the culprit/conflict

this is the third pc my os and hard drives has been in so there is alot of old stuff on there, so might not apply to a clean install pc but there is always lots of unused/ forgotten/broken programs collected over the years which can and do cause conflicts,

Hope this helps someone

unless you have a copy of the 1.13 firmware you cant restore it.

So, I can't backup my own 1.13 firmware before trying the update? I still haven't updated yet because I've read on OC.uk that you can backup your firmware before updating to a new one. I'm kind of waiting on that before doing the upgrade, in the absence of that, I probably wouldn't even touch the upgrade... I need to make sure that I can get back into the pan (1.13) if 1.15 turns out to be the fire....

I have an issue. Whenever I am opening up the software, it always gives me the warning that I don't have any devices connected. Even though they are lit up and typing away. But once I switch the settings to a different language, and back to my original language, the software works perfectly. Any reccomendations to helping me fix this?

So, I can't backup my own 1.13 firmware before trying the update? I still haven't updated yet because I've read on OC.uk that you can backup your firmware before updating to a new one. I'm kind of waiting on that before doing the upgrade, in the absence of that, I probably wouldn't even touch the upgrade... I need to make sure that I can get back into the pan (1.13) if 1.15 turns out to be the fire....

theres a link some where on this fourm idk where tho

havent checked this forum for months since i first bought my kb, still no fix? wow i cant believe a keyboard software is such rocket science...

sorry for the sarcasm, im no IT guy, or lightning guy or electro guy, but as an average joe, i dont expect a mere keyboard software to take this long for a fix, unless they just dont bother to spend any resource on it or its some fundamental thing u cant fix (design flaw)

dont get me wrong, i'd be happy for a fix. if they are actually still working on it, "jiayou goodluck u can do it". but im not holding my breath, call me pessimist if u will, im just being skeptic.

• Corsair Employee
havent checked this forum for months since i first bought my kb, still no fix? wow i cant believe a keyboard software is such rocket science...

sorry for the sarcasm, im no IT guy, or lightning guy or electro guy, but as an average joe, i dont expect a mere keyboard software to take this long for a fix, unless they just dont bother to spend any resource on it or its some fundamental thing u cant fix (design flaw)

dont get me wrong, i'd be happy for a fix. if they are actually still working on it, "jiayou goodluck u can do it". but im not holding my breath, call me pessimist if u will, im just being skeptic.

Keyboard software is actually incredibly difficult in comparison to most other software due to things like virtual USB implementation (macro playback) and how elaborate keyboards are these days (most people don't know that mechanical keyboards have their own processor). If its a standard $10 USB keyboard with 104-standard keys, I'd agree, its quite simple. But for our non-RGB and RGB keyboards, there is a lot of technology you don't see under the keys.

Keyboard software is actually incredibly difficult in comparison to most other software due to things like virtual USB implementation (macro playback) and how elaborate keyboards are these days (most people don't know that mechanical keyboards have their own processor). If its a standard $10 USB keyboard with 104-standard keys, I'd agree, its quite simple. But for our non-RGB and RGB keyboards, there is a lot of technology you don't see under the keys.

Corsair James, as someone who just bought the K70 RGB, should I be concerned about the 16.8m to "multi-colored" wording change or should I still expect the software/firmware update combo to iron this issue out just like the CEO mentioned?

• 3 weeks later...
New firmware is needed to allow the K95 RGB to boot properly with my Gigabyte motherboard and Phoenix BIOS. The board is ONLY working after BIOS - making it necessary to have another keyboard on the my desk [a pain in the ***!] to get into BIOS, which I often have to do. Please Corsair, I've had other keyboards made by you that worked just fine with this same computer...but now having RMA'd and 'upgraded' my system is downgraded. You make such great memory [i have some too of yours] and other things like PSU's...but your latest keyboard was released too early and/or is not having the necessary resources applied. Also, I use both Windoz and Linux - how about supporting Linux [and Mac]. There is an excellent thread here by a great programmer who had done most of the work for you. As I understand it the RGB boards are more stable in his program than yours for Windoz users - but he needs your tech people's help on some firmware changes that will enable full functionality in Linux and Mac....help him and he will help you....and us. MANy of us have abandoned malware, overcommercialized and NSA-ridden with backdoors Windoz in favor of Linux...and more will...help us...or do you have an agreement with Windoz that prevents your supporting other operating systems?

Archived