Corsair Community

3x SP120 and 3x LL120 in 570x?

4kAnime

Hi guys, I bought a triple LL120 fan pack and I have the 570x case. The case comes with 3x SP120s, my question is will I be able to fully use 3x LL120 in the front and the other 3x SP120 at the top and back with the hubs and controllers provided with case+fan pack? I went over my budget already which is why I won't be getting 6 LL120's till later. FYI I also have the h150i pro rgb which is what Im using the LL120's on.

yep.. but you would have to plug them into headers on your motherboard or get some sort of Fan Controller. Obviously at this point i would recommend the Commander Pro for that job as that would bring both RGB and RPM control all into one place (iCue)

I just found out the 3 LL120 pack comes with node pro and a RGB hub so it would work out as the 570x case also has a rgb hub. It would be a pain to install but it should work out now that I have 2 hubs?

Thanks for your help, one last question... Will my fans be running at 100% or 50% since I can't control it?

You can control it just not with iCue. They'll run based on the fan curve that you set in the BIOS or in your motherboard's software.

Wanted to piggy back on this post since I'm in nearly the same situation.

570x case with 3 SP120s and the case included RGB hub.

3 additional LL120s and the RGB hub included in that package.

Commander Pro

I have the SP120s hooked into the cases RGB hub. The LL120s plugged into their RGB hub. Both plugged into LED channel 1 and 2 respectively on the commander pro. Commander pro plugged into a USB socket on Mobo.

Turn on computer and front 3 SPs never light up. 3 LL120s light up default white...except one has a single random LED as green.

Pull up iCUE and it sees the commander pro. Update the firmware for it. Restart. Still no light changes. Go into iCUE and start doing lighting setup for basic rainbow wave on both channels. Making sure each channel has the right SP/LL fan settings. Still nothing.

Go to performance and can both see change the RPMs of all 6 fans independently to great effect.

Unplug the RGB headers from the Commander pro and plug them into the IO controller. The SP120s light up just fine and can change colors/configurations (never lit up with Commander Pro). Unplugged and tried the LL120s. They light up but in same color configuration as earlier and wont change colors or configuration.

Baffled right now.

Can you show some iCue screen shots?

And how many cables are in the connection between the CoPro and the Fan Hubs?

Note that you cannot use the push button controller with the LL Fans. At all. Totally different protocol for controlling the LEDs.

Can you show some iCue screen shots?

And how many cables are in the connection between the CoPro and the Fan Hubs?

Note that you cannot use the push button controller with the LL Fans. At all. Totally different protocol for controlling the LEDs.

https://imgur.com/a/k5HIORU

2 Channels. 3 fans each. Double checked and tried swapping LL vs SP for each to no effect.

https://imgur.com/a/WE5mDNT

Performance tab showing all 6 fans.

https://imgur.com/a/Scz2qml

What I currently see. I think I just noticed one of the LEDs on the exhaust fan isn't lit up actually.

Single cable between RGB hubs and CoPro.

Archived