Corsair Community

Scimitar PRO with K70 Rapid

derfmit

Just bought a Scimitar pro to go with my k70.

Having some issues with the CUE now.

The hardware profile I set for the mouse also seems to force a profile for my keyboard. I can set it, but if i do, it only supports a single static color. (i like 2 colors with a ripple effect). Per CUE, that/s all that is supported. It seems it is reading the hardware profile from my mouse to my keyboard and overriding the hardware profile that gets saved to the keyboard from the software profile (hope people are following me here. i know cue is freaking confusing). If i save a static profile from my software profile to my keyboard, i can do as many static colors as I want.

Alternatively, if i set a software profile, during shutdown and start up my mouse switches to a weird profile where it does a color pulse from blue to purple to off. My only hardware profile saved to the mouse is blue to white color shift.

I thought it would be cool having cue manage both my mouse and keyboard, but now, it seems it would have been better to go with a different brand mouse so i could control both independently.

What am I missing here?

Just bought a Scimitar pro to go with my k70.

Having some issues with the CUE now.

The hardware profile I set for the mouse also seems to force a profile for my keyboard. I can set it, but if i do, it only supports a single static color. (i like 2 colors with a ripple effect). Per CUE, that/s all that is supported. It seems it is reading the hardware profile from my mouse to my keyboard and overriding the hardware profile that gets saved to the keyboard from the software profile (hope people are following me here. i know cue is freaking confusing). If i save a static profile from my software profile to my keyboard, i can do as many static colors as I want.

Alternatively, if i set a software profile, during shutdown and start up my mouse switches to a weird profile where it does a color pulse from blue to purple to off. My only hardware profile saved to the mouse is blue to white color shift.

I thought it would be cool having cue manage both my mouse and keyboard, but now, it seems it would have been better to go with a different brand mouse so i could control both independently.

What am I missing here?

The hardware profiles are useful when CUE is not running, to ensure that moving your devices to a computer without CUE will use the hardware's saved static lighting and performance settings. If you normally use your devices on your computer that has CUE running, then you should just use software profiles, and you will be able to use dynamic effects like ripple lighting.

Archived