Corsair Community

Link has NO control over Fan Speeds ?

unit101

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was just posted if you would like to try it.

May I suggest that Corsair publish the list of all fans, Corsair or third-party, that are assumed to work properly with this release. That way people will know whether or not to try out this release and report back properly.

x509

Looks like this program for me at least made things much much worse. I followed the directions and now lost my cooling node as its not recognized anymore by the commander. This is really ridiculous. I'am a beta tester who pays to test things for a company.

Looks like this program for me at least made things much much worse. I followed the directions and now lost my cooling node as its not recognized anymore by the commander. This is really ridiculous. I'am a beta tester who pays to test things for a company.

Sad to say, you are entirely correct.

To the Corsair guys on this forum: You need to tell management that this kind of nonsense damages the company's reputation, and probably results in lost sales.

It's beta software? Corsair didn't force you to try it....

It's beta software? Corsair didn't force you to try it....

Do you have the Corsair Link and have you experienced what we've gone through? From the looks of it NO (assuming). You're right I'am not being forced but was forced to endure 6+ months of not knowing whats going on, on a $150+ paper weight product I payed that wasn't ready for launch and still isn't ready. I usually let companies work their bugs out but to go at the 1/2 a year mark is ridiculously unexceptable. The least of all things is the beta software should have at least worked somewhat but totally failed. I don't know what this "beta" did to my Cooling Node but its not looking good and only hope its software related and that its not hardware failure on behalf of the "beta software". As I have said before, we're a bunch of paying beta testers. I hope the day comes when this thing works flawlessly cause it will be one of the best controlling products out there but in the meantime put your seatbelts on cause its been and still going to be a hell of a ride.

Link 2? pls explain as I have not heard anything about this nor have I heard anything about hardware issues (The actual kit) but only it being software related from the looks of it.

Look up the product images of the AX1200i and video previews. They use Link 2 to control their new PSU!

Thanks for the response but I ended up finding the same video but thanks anyways. You had me freaked out because when you said Link 2 I thought you meant that there was a new Hardware version of Corsair Link but realized in the video its the same hardware it looks like and that "Link 2" is the software which is in beta stage from what was said in the video.

That was only a question of time. I have seen it too when I was reading news about the Computex. But Corsair Link™ Integration is not only for the AX1200 PSU. The new HX series also got it.

Thats brings me to the question if there are any information about Link 2 by now? :sunglasse

Maybe I know the answer...

Do you have the Corsair Link and have you experienced what we've gone through? From the looks of it NO (assuming). You're right I'am not being forced but was forced to endure 6+ months of not knowing whats going on, on a $150+ paper weight product I payed that wasn't ready for launch and still isn't ready. I usually let companies work their bugs out but to go at the 1/2 a year mark is ridiculously unexceptable. The least of all things is the beta software should have at least worked somewhat but totally failed. I don't know what this "beta" did to my Cooling Node but its not looking good and only hope its software related and that its not hardware failure on behalf of the "beta software". As I have said before, we're a bunch of paying beta testers. I hope the day comes when this thing works flawlessly cause it will be one of the best controlling products out there but in the meantime put your seatbelts on cause its been and still going to be a hell of a ride.

I have been on here since January and yes until the beta it was a paper weight for me as well, If the beta bricked your commander, I'm sure they will RMA it as it is a official software, release from corsair not some hack attempt. The beta was provided as a software solution, if the software did not work then you can revert to the official release but if the software bricked your product then I have no doubt in my mind that corsair will stand behind their product. The tech support and customer support have been flawless. I agree that software development is seriously flawed, but at least with the beta we know the project is still alive. I personally don't know why its so hard to control dc fans or why Corsair does not rapidly deploy more resources to get the product working at least 90% then scale back but again there is someone counting numbers saying that it works for 75% of the people so we will only have one engineer fix the problems for the other 25%.:sunglasse

I agree that software development is seriously flawed, but at least with the beta we know the project is still alive. I personally don't know why its so hard to control dc fans

It is not. Look at all the fan controllers out there with twist-dials.

or why Corsair does not rapidly deploy more resources to get the

product working at least 90% then scale back but again

That's the issue. Of course, we don't know how well the code was "architected." With a poor architecture (and people in the industry have all been there), it's a nightmare to debug the code, let alone add "features" like control of additional fans. We have no idea how well the code was architected.

What we do know is that the resources put on this project have not been enough to get out a clean release anywhere near fast enough.

• Corsair Employee

x509

We do understand your frustration and I am sorry but we have plenty of resources working on this at this time. The issue has turned out to be more complicated than we expected and the next release should help fix more of the issues some have had. Me personally I have thee Corsair links installed and running on three different systems and so far for me some of the issue users have reported have been duplicated and reported and some have not. For myself it seems that older MB's based on Intel or AMD chipsets have displayed more issues than with some of the newer chipsets Intel Sandy Bridge and newer and AMD 990FX both seem to work with less issues than say older AMD 890FX and Intel X58 chipsets. Now weather that is chipset related or BIOS kernel related has yet to be proven. But one of the systems I have working has ran flawless but it using our fans and everything works.

The next release someone made reference to will be released shortly and any current unit will be able to update to Link 2. At this time there is not much more I can say but keep working with your own thread and we will do our best to help you.

x509

We do understand your frustration and I am sorry but we have plenty of resources working on this at this time. The issue has turned out to be more complicated than we expected .

Ram Guy,

To clarify my own situation. I'm going to do a MAJOR upgrade sometime over the summer, and I had assumed that I would be using Link, in addition to a Corsair PS and Corsair RAM, housed inside my existing 700D case. So you might think of me as a Corsair loyal customer.

At the same time, I don't want to buy a product that is not ready for prime time, and that seems to be the case with Link. I think it's fair to say that until now, Corsair products have had pretty straightforward compatibility issues.

Link is proving to be much more complex, as you have noted, because of issues around chipsets and motherboards and maybe even BIOSes, and I think the development of this product has been a "learning experience" for Corsair engineers.

In real life, I am a software product manager, and while there are differences between hardware and software, there are a LOT of things in common, like "complexity." So I feel a lot of sympathy for the engineers, and I hope that they have "learned their lesson" for future projects like Link.

• Corsair Employee

x509

For your self it seems that you may have had more issues than most and for a few others as well, and I am not trying to belittle your issues or anyone eases. But I don't think it is as bad as you make it seem. Personally I have Corsair Link installed in three different systems ( I made reference to this in another thread) and two of the systems are Virtually flawless while one of the systems has proven to display some of the same symptoms others have reported. I am not going to break it down here other than to say we are looking at this and working to solve these issues. ATM I cannot say what the solution will be or when but my point is the many have not had problems while the ones that have had issue seem to be more than one issue. With third party fans being the single largest complaint; which a new Beta Version was released to try and help with this issue.For most I expect the next release to correct most if not all of the issues but I also expect that some may still have an issue and we will do our best to help them with a fix or solution.

With regards to your specific upgrade this summer (Its here by the way) I don't see why you cant use the Corsair Link but it is your choice and I would continue working with us on your own post and we will do our best to help you should you have an issue.

Have you tried the latest version of the software and Firmware for the cooling node? What are the specific issues you see with your Link? And please provide your system configuration.

Please answer in your own thread...

Archived