Corsair Community

Link has NO control over Fan Speeds ?

unit101

This may be a bit silly, and Im not a expert in any way, but what does the bios, chipsets, etc have to do with the link? There is a simple usb interface where the software and link communicate, as long as the two talk which they do, its the link that ultimately controls the fans. Now if you said to use the fan pins on the motherboard and the link would try to control it via bios , then that would make sense, but the fans are plugged into a closed system developed by corsair. Ill give you a example, I have a complete home automation system called the ISY which control's all the lights in my house and it work flawless, I open up a screen on my computer the software communicates with the hardware(just like the link would) and then the ISY sends out the respected signals (again just like the link) so in the end the major problem is the hardware not being able to control the fans which I think has nothing to do with all the chipsets, north south east or west bridge, cpu processing power or how many teeth the Easter bunny has :-) Just saying been around computers for about 3 weeks.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This may be a bit silly, and Im not a expert in any way, but what does the bios, chipsets, etc have to do with the link? There is a simple usb interface where the software and link communicate, as long as the two talk which they do, its the link that ultimately controls the fans. Now if you said to use the fan pins on the motherboard and the link would try to control it via bios , then that would make sense, but the fans are plugged into a closed system developed by corsair. Ill give you a example, I have a complete home automation system called the ISY which control's all the lights in my house and it work flawless, I open up a screen on my computer the software communicates with the hardware(just like the link would) and then the ISY sends out the respected signals (again just like the link) so in the end the major problem is the hardware not being able to control the fans which I think has nothing to do with all the chipsets, north south east or west bridge, cpu processing power or how many teeth the Easter bunny has :-) Just saying been around computers for about 3 weeks.

while i cant answer the technical part i can relate a similar like situation.

i run 4 computers ,,two of these are for video encoding and they do their work flawlessly

this new build i just finished is using the exact same programs the other has yet if faults while encoding 9 out of 10 time

now if this was my only machine i would certainly blame the program itself and be raising hale with those i bought it from but it has to be in the computer some where

what im saying is sometimes the problem can be in the computer components rather than the hardware/software

Archived