Corsair Community

H60 - High Temps

AMB

AMB, Changing the paste is not that difficult, once you do it you'll tell yourself, why didn't I do this before? We are thinking that you did not get good contact between the pump and CPU, which is common, and is why we keep pushing you to check that.

Feel free to do whatever you like, but disabling Cool and Quiet just raises your idle CPU temperatures. How can that radiator fan still be running at 1900 RPM? I'm sorry, but those AMD BIOS settings for the fans are just overly complex on your board, it seems.

AMB, don't give up and don't get mad or frustrated. Aren't there any AMD board users in this forum that can help with this?

I thought that Cool & Quiet should be disabled from the BIOS. So I never enable it. I'll try turning on that option.

The radiator fan runs almost always above the 1600rpms, when I demand reaches 1900rpms.

Having made the push-pull I obtained at full load maximum temperatures of 48°C. I do not know if these values ​​are approximately acceptable.

I have not angry with anyone. Truly, I appreciate your help :)

I have read almost all topics in the forum mentioning problems with the H60, but did not find solutions related to my problem.

If these temperatures are not correct I will have to try changing the thermal paste.

Having made the push-pull I obtained at full load maximum temperatures of 48°C. I do not know if these values ​​are approximately acceptable...

If these temperatures are not correct I will have to try changing the thermal paste.

Full load at 48C is great! That is very acceptable, muy bueno, que no se caliente en todo, realmente, eso es cierto!

Now, depending on how you feel about the fan noise if your fan is running at ~1600 RPM as it's lowest speed, you can stay where you are or try to lower the idle fan speed. My H60's fans run at ~800 RPM when the PC is at idle, and are quiet. You should be able to adjust the CPU fan profile to get the fans to run slower during low CPU load.

Yesterday I changed the stock cooler that came with my microprocessor to put the new H60.

Just noticed this from your OP, and i have to ask because of this statement here

The thing is I never change the thermal paste to a cpu, so I'm no expert on that, and would like to avoid reaching it, for fear the temperatures result in an error worse than I think I have.

Did you clean off the old compound before you installed the new cooler? If you did, forget the question, just trying to cover all bases. If you did not it could be the very reason for your higher than normal idle temps. Your load temps look great though!

im pretty sure he said he cleaned his cpu with alcohol before installing h60... i gave a small description of how to do it in my earlier post. just do it its very easy. after cleaning just put a tiny dot of paste in the middle, not even the size of a pea, i usually do about half the size of a pea and the paste with spread itself between the cpu and hs. if your getting 48 max in prime95 your probably not gonna get all that much better. but if your getting that while gaming and up in the high 50s/60s while stressing you definately have an issue.

Did you clean off the old compound before you installed the new cooler? If you did, forget the question, just trying to cover all bases. If you did not it could be the very reason for your higher than normal idle temps. Your load temps look great though!

im pretty sure he said he cleaned his cpu with alcohol before installing h60...

Indeed as HOODedAssault said, I cleaned the old thermal paste from the processor before placing the H60.

Now, depending on how you feel about the fan noise if your fan is running at ~1600 RPM as it's lowest speed, you can stay where you are or try to lower the idle fan speed. My H60's fans run at ~800 RPM when the PC is at idle, and are quiet. You should be able to adjust the CPU fan profile to get the fans to run slower during low CPU load.

For now, I'd rather have the system well cooled with fans running at high speed. If at that speed, the fans generate noise that is annoying, I will slow down the fans.

if your getting 48 max in prime95 your probably not gonna get all that much better. but if your getting that while gaming and up in the high 50s/60s while stressing you definately have an issue.

I still have not tried to stress the cpu with prime95.

The maximum temperature that I have obtained, 48 ° C, I got them gaming.

Today I will try to test the temperature with prime95 and I'll tell you my results.

... I still have not tried to stress the cpu with prime95.

The maximum temperature that I have obtained, 48 ° C, I got them gaming.

Today I will try to test the temperature with prime95 and I'll tell you my results.

Usually, gaming does not cause a "full load" on a CPU, the video card does most of the work. Prime95 is one of the worst case situations for a CPU, it rarely if ever is put under under a load like that with a normal program, or gaming. So your temperatures will usually be much higher, so be careful.

Usually, gaming does not cause a "full load" on a CPU, the video card does most of the work. Prime95 is one of the worst case situations for a CPU, it rarely if ever is put under under a load like that with a normal program, or gaming. So your temperatures will usually be much higher, so be careful.

Agree ,48C in games sounds a bit too high.Prime will make it hit 55+ Easy, Stop prime instantly once ur at 55-58C

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon.

I come to tell you that I have stressed the cpu for half an hour with the aida64 and obtained maximum CPU temperature 52°C, and for each core 47ºC maximum.

Do not know if these values ​​are very different from those that can throw the prime95, but I have yet to try latter with this program and report results.

Do you think that those temperatures are maintained within an acceptable range?

Id say if you break 50° in prime at stock clocks your pretty hot. Open cpu-z and tell us what your voltage is under load. You may have a high stock voltage. If thats the case you can probably undervolt to lower temps or overclock a bit on stock voltage with very little temperature increase. If your stock voltage is, lets say 1.5+volts ur probably getting proper temps. If its lower then this repaste. My cnps10x performa handled 1.53 volts at 4.1ghz on my old 955be and never broke 55 max in stress tests. So, unless you have a very high stock voltage you should try to repaste.

...If your stock voltage is, lets say 1.5+volts ur probably getting proper temps. If its lower then this repaste. My cnps10x performa handled 1.53 volts at 4.1ghz on my old 955be and never broke 55 max in stress tests. So, unless you have a very high stock voltage you should try to repaste.

CPU voltage over 1.5V, and that is Ok? Just wondering, not an AMD person, not familiar with those CPUs.

Id say if you break 50° in prime at stock clocks your pretty hot. Open cpu-z and tell us what your voltage is under load. You may have a high stock voltage. If thats the case you can probably undervolt to lower temps or overclock a bit on stock voltage with very little temperature increase. If your stock voltage is, lets say 1.5+volts ur probably getting proper temps. If its lower then this repaste. My cnps10x performa handled 1.53 volts at 4.1ghz on my old 955be and never broke 55 max in stress tests. So, unless you have a very high stock voltage you should try to repaste.

Here I leave you with the Aida64 picture taken at the time of completion of the stress-test.

Voltages seem to me that they are correct.

The maximum values ​​column are those to which the cpu came under stress.

http://k08.kn3.net/E2DD042D2.jpg

Yes up to 1.55 is safe on air... Stock is usually around 1.3-1.35

Interesting, thanks. I was shocked the other day when I saw the memory voltage on an older PC was 1.8V, but it was DDR2 memory, which can be run higher than that. :eyebuldge

After observing the image that I upload with the maximum temperatures and the CPU stressed, do you think is working well my H60?

Or should I change some values from my pc to get better temperatures?

There we go, now I can see it all fine. Those temps look good to me, particularly the maximum temps, just over 50C for the CPU. You might be able to get the idle temps lower with a couple BIOS setting changes on the CPU power options, but that is not essential. The AMD user may not agree with me about the CPU temps, as I am an Intel fan-boy and not really qualified to comment on your temps. It looks like you have an extra fast pump, at over 4500 RPM, my H60's pumps are not quite that fast. That's a good thing as long as it is not making noise. I'm wondering if the fan speeds are reading a little bit high, not a problem, but then the program I use might be reading low. :confused:

The only thing that I would want to change if it was my PC, is not having the radiator fan running at full speed all the time, as it seems to be from the radiator fan speed numbers in your picture. I know the CPU fan speed control settings in the BIOS were not cooperating with you, but I think they can be figured out. My H60's fans run at about 850 RPM when the PC is idle, it's quiet and I get great CPU temps. Isn't that fan noisy running at full speed all the time, or am I wrong about that?

The only fan that is noticed when running at higher rpm is the gpu fan, which I have configured the program msi afterburner.

The other fans, at least, I do not see that they make an annoying noise.

These days, when the temperature in my city is high, around 35/38°C, the temperature of the room where the pc is even greater, and the temperature of the cores in iddle, extends to almost 40°C.

So in the end, do you think that system temperatures with H60 (adding a push pull fan on the radiator fan) are correct?

Archived