Corsair Community

Force Series 3 and Force GT Firmware Update Ver 1.3.3

Yellowbeard

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys!

Just updated my Force 3 120Gb SSD firmare 1.3.2 ---> 1.3.3 and everything else works fine. But this small problem gets me everytime when I turn on/reboot my computer.

The bios POST screen hangs for a while before going to windows(7 64bit ultimate).

Can someone help plz?

Hi All,

I hav 1.3 and I am sometimes having the issue where I loose all drives. It happens once-ish a week. So I am thinking I need to update the FW.

In the Firmware pdf it says "This update tool is intended to be run with the drive controller in AHCI mode"

I have Gbyte z68X mobo, with the BIOS set to RAID(XHD). The SSD is the OS drive.

I have moved the User Profile folder to the Raid 1 drive. So changing this to AHCI will probably upset things.

I read the following from WIKi. Does that mean this will still work?

Cheers

"Many SATA controllers offer selectable modes of operation: legacy Parallel ATA emulation, standard AHCI mode, or vendor-specific RAID (which generally enables AHCI in order to take advantage of its capabilities). Intel recommends choosing RAID mode on their motherboards (which also enables AHCI) rather than AHCI/SATA mode for maximum flexibility"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Host_Controller_Interface

Hi Guys,

I've had my Force Series 3 120GB for a while now, but haven't been able to use it for the last month and a half while I waited for my motherboard to be repaired. It is still running the original firmware it came with (I think 1.2, whatever the firmware the first drives with serial #1124 came with)

I had problems with BSOD and had to run on SATA2. I want to flash it so I can use it on SATA3. What I want to know is should I flash it up to the latest version straight away? or should I go through each firmware version and test after each upgrade for stability?

Thanks

@ballsofsteel, It might be the normal hangtime that mb needs to look for sata drivers. that time may be less in other mb.

@DeadeyeJones, If the SSD isnt part of that RAID arrey and is only controlled by same controller the program tool may find your SSD and that way it migth be abel to upgrade it. Allso if that SSD has the OS that is needed to update the FW, that might be problem to as it updates it self.

@day1118, 2 of main was on 1.2fw and they worked on Sata3. I update the straigth to 1.3.3 but it isnt wrong to go step by step and find that way if threre is change.

@ballsofsteel, It might be the normal hangtime that mb needs to look for sata drivers. that time may be less in other mb.

Thx for that but the problem solve itself. I dont have that problem anymore.

But the thing i get really frustrated right now is that i have my Corsair Force 3 120GB 1.3.3 on my SATA 2 port and i am getting really slow speeds in benchmark. Atto benchmarks just crashes and AS i get this result:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4862/ssdtulos.jpg

-AHCI mode on

-TRIM on

-newest firmware.

-1 week old SSD

-fresh windows install (i did change the ahci mode afterwards accordin to corsair instructions without any problem)

-SSD is my main boot device and i have windows on it also

Pls tell me what to do? You can see my MB on my specs.

But the thing i get really frustrated right now is that i have my Corsair Force 3 120GB 1.3.3 on my SATA 2 port and i am getting really slow speeds in benchmark. Atto benchmarks just crashes and AS i get this result...
* If ATTO is the version that you see at left sidepar on every forumpage here at Corsair, then that dosent sound good at all. You are sure that your system is stable?

And that, that port you use is "primery" sata port for hdd/ssd's and not for optical drivers?

* Do you have any hdd to install that os there, just for testing time to see how that ssd performs there?

* You cant trust AS ssd result on these, but those look like "normal" what i have seen these on sata2 speeds.

I need help. I'm running the SSD Firmware Update Tool where it scans for drives, but it doesn't detect it.

I've got a Force 3 120GB running in AHCI.

Check your manual and verify which drive controller your drive is connected to. Also, verify which driver your drive controller is using.

I know they're bad but I've seen other people still being able to update successfully on Marvell ports.

I don't think so. Some use the Marvell ports after updating the firmware on a non Marvell controller but I have not seen anyone using the Marvell controller for a succesful update.

Connect your drive to the Intel or AMD port (whichever applies to your board) as we have advised in the .PDF file. This information is there to help you and we put it there for good reason.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to read the instructions we provided.

From the download post AND from the .PDF file:

If your update fails using a controller other than the Intel or AMD controller, you will need to update using the chipset based drive controller on your motherboard. This applies to SATA2 and SATA3 controllers.

* If ATTO is the version that you see at left sidepar on every forumpage here at Corsair, then that dosent sound good at all. You are sure that your system is stable? And that, that port you use is "primery" sata port for hdd/ssd's and not for optical drivers?

Only atto program crashes but everything else works fine. I didnt know that it matter where i connect it i have

sata1 = HDD

sata2=cd

sata3 = empty

sata4 = ssd

rest are empty

* Do you have any hdd to install that os there, just for testing time to see how that ssd performs there?

I might try that

* You cant trust AS ssd result on these, but those look like "normal" what i have seen these on sata2 speeds.

I have seen about 250mb/s read speed on sata II Ports here :confused:

My bios version is 2102 (06/17/2010)

upgraded to 1.3.3 from 1.3.2 and am seeing significantly more crashes than before.

Though it is not BSODs that i'm getting, my screen will just go black and the next thing i know, my computer is rebooting.

I've done everything save reinstalling windows and wiping the drive.

Only atto program crashes but everything else works fine. I didnt know that it matter where i connect it i have

sata1 = HDD

sata2=cd

sata3 = empty

sata4 = ssd

rest are empty

Dos it matter where your sata device is depends on board, mb manual will say it if it dos. Anyway, if that SSD is the bootup OS device, i would but it in SATA1 port.

ATTO is old and stable prog. (this is firsth time i hear it to crass) so if it crass, something is wrong.

You have tryen download it again?

If nothing seen to help i would do secure eraser on the ssd and then clean install of the windows and as soon its in try that atto again. on Stock system ofcorse.

@squarebox; And if you clone that SSD to empty HDD to run your system on it, it would be stable?

Dos it matter where your sata device is depends on board, mb manual will say it if it dos. Anyway, if that SSD is the bootup OS device, i would but it in SATA1 port.

ATTO is old and stable prog. (this is firsth time i hear it to crass) so if it crass, something is wrong.

You have tryen download it again?

If nothing seen to help i would do secure eraser on the ssd and then clean install of the windows and as soon its in try that atto again. on Stock system ofcorse.

Atto started to crash after firmware update. Heres vid of it.

I red the mb manual and it doesnt matter on what sata port i connect. Just pick one.

How to do "secure" erase? Is it the same thing as normal format when insertin windows cd?

What about the booting time of windows? Here's vid also.

Look in our HOW TO section for a guide on using Parted Magic to secure erase an SSD. It's not the same as a format.

Also, try a new/different SATA cable and make sure you have the most recent version of ATTO. There are some old ones floating around that will crash.

Well that video shows that your windows is baby sitting you. It makes me wonder if it or virusbuster/firewall is in its way to work. You have rigth clicked that .exe and use it with admin rights, right?

Secure erasering is very different thing you sholuld never format these, even Windows( at least after win7) install dont do it if it figures you install it to SSD. So follow Yellowbeard.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=441028&postcount=1 read after C-1

@Yellowbeard is that ATTO on left this page old?

Hi all,

I just like to share my experience of a Corsair SSD Force 3 mounted in a 2010 model iMac rather disappointing and find answers on the fofo, why not?

Well just after perf test using Disk Speed Test. The last 111 m'affiche writing and 200MB / s read. : Yeah:

Especially since it was announced at 500 and 550mo / s SATA III ben heard.

I am beautiful is well in sata II, serves ... But I expected at least half the perfs announced by the manufacturer!

Knowing that the old SSD I installed was a Vertex 2 (CNO) has turned him into the 260MB / s in E and L.

At first I thought an update was found necessary to correct the perfs, but I did make the last maj 1.3.3 before mounting.

So I do not know, I'm at an impasse. That if a person returns to this product, I am.

Thank you.

cabracho

Look in our HOW TO section for a guide on using Parted Magic to secure erase an SSD. It's not the same as a format.

Also, try a new/different SATA cable and make sure you have the most recent version of ATTO. There are some old ones floating around that will crash.

I have the most recent version of ATTO and it crashes :mad:

I will try to secure erase my SSD and reinstallation of windows. Hope that will help. And also i will connect SSD to sata1 port HDD sata 2 and cd to sata 3. Just for be sure.

Well that video shows that your windows is baby sitting you. It makes me wonder if it or virusbuster/firewall is in its way to work. You have rigth clicked that .exe and use it with admin rights, right?

Secure erasering is very different thing you sholuld never format these, even Windows( at least after win7) install dont do it if it figures you install it to SSD. So follow Yellowbeard.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...28&postcount=1 read after C-1

Thanks i will try that. And i did try it with admin rights.

I will tell here if will work

Problem solved ATTO didnt crash anymore and i think these results are best what i can get in SATA II. I did do the ultimate booting tool usb and total formatting trough Parted Magic. Excellent program by the way.

And thanks to Yellowbeard for making good instructions on HOW TO!! ::pirate::

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/336/hyvtattotulokset.jpg

Archived