Corsair Community

Force Series 3 and Force GT Firmware Update Ver 1.3.3

Yellowbeard

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi - after what seemed a successful update to the latest firmware, on reboot my laptop reports that no drive is present. I have reset the bios on the laptop, but still no joy. Can anyone suggest how i might get things working again?

Thanks in advance.

Can you see your SSD in the bios? Or does your mb even find your SSD?

Is it good to have power saving? Can i somehow change it so i can have faster W/R speeds in those sizes also? :sunglasse

I did make some changes to power saving profiles and now the W/R speeds 0,5 to 4,0Kb are much faster :) Also noticed that windows worked better with that configuration. :laughing:

Got green checkmark, but upon rescan (taking much longer than the initial scan) the result is a blank box, i.e, the firmware updater utility doesn't detect the drive (60gb GT) now. So I rebooted. BIOS detects it OK, so does Windows7. But when I attempt to format the disk, the format failed. [EDIT: pdf says to make sure you "clear BIOS" after successful firmware update. After 3 days have finally figured out this means "clear CMOS". Heh. Will try that before requesting RMA. Would of helped to get a reply here, but I appreciate the likely workload burdens at the moment. Pretty crappy validation there, Sandforce. ]

My system Details:

Motherboard is GA-870a-UD3 (Rev. 2.0). I connected the GT-60 to the second sata3 port ("SATA3_1"). W7-64 is installed on an 80gb Intel SSD connected to "SATA3_0". Zero issues in 2 years with the 80gb Intel.

Hey guys, hope everyone is travelling well.

Just wanted to let you know that the root cause of my BSODs was actually one of my memory sticks. Little tip, be sure to run memtest on each stick individually, I ran 18 passes with all 4 sticks and found 0 errors and just 1 pass with the bad stick in question and I found the issue.

After replacing my kit for a new one, and re-testing it successfully, I am now rock solid with 0 BSODs and 1.3.3 on my Corsair Force GT since the 3rd of November with a really good amount of use.

The only remaining issue is the ocassional boot loop with my Gigabyte board (mainly occurring with the use of the Reset button). The PC powers itself down, starts up with error "waiting for ME ready", counts down from 9 to 0, then shuts down again, then powers on and finally boots normally. I'm not sure if this is RAM compatibility related but it's not too much of a problem for me. If anyone knows why this happens though, please do let me know as I would loooovvvvee to fix it :)

Corsair, still the best in my book, keep up the great work!!

Cheers

zambz

Hey guys, hope everyone is travelling well.

Just wanted to let you know that the root cause of my BSODs was actually one of my memory sticks. Little tip, be sure to run memtest on each stick individually, I ran 18 passes with all 4 sticks and found 0 errors and just 1 pass with the bad stick in question and I found the issue.

After replacing my kit for a new one, and re-testing it successfully, I am now rock solid with 0 BSODs and 1.3.3 on my Corsair Force GT since the 3rd of November with a really good amount of use.

The only remaining issue is the ocassional boot loop with my Gigabyte board (mainly occurring with the use of the Reset button). The PC powers itself down, starts up with error "waiting for ME ready", counts down from 9 to 0, then shuts down again, then powers on and finally boots normally. I'm not sure if this is RAM compatibility related but it's not too much of a problem for me. If anyone knows why this happens though, please do let me know as I would loooovvvvee to fix it :)

Corsair, still the best in my book, keep up the great work!!

Cheers

zambz

Huge thread here may have some helpful suggestions:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1034724/gigabyte-p67-z68-boot-cycling-problem

Hello there,

I have bought 2 x 120GB Force 3 SSDs (Serial starts with 1138....). I put one into my Macbook Pro (early 2008) and got sporadic freezes for about 15sec. each time. Then i updated the SSD´s Firmware to Version 1.3.3 but still having those freezes. What should I do next? Can i return it to Corsair and get my money back?

Kind Regards,

Stephan

Okay so I just updated using the Force 3 updater from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3. I got the green check mark indicating that the update was completed. However, the firmware rev doesn't change after restarting the program/rescanning the drive. I've updated again and got the same results. What gives?

I've made sure to download and use the correct .vic file(22795).

Probably I'm writing in wrong section, my apologize for that...

I have a Force GT 120GB but I had a lot of problems on MacBook Pro i5. I tryed to upgrade the firmware (from Windows 7 oc) but I executed "probably" a not correct firmware upgrade and now it appears as a different SSD (Corsair CSSD-F60GB2-A) and now I can't able to upgrade that to 1.3.2 or 1.3.3.

My question is, if is there a tools to reset the firmware. Please let me know.

FYI MacBook pro show me as correct SSD with 1.2 firmware.

Please someone can help me

Many thanks in advance

Gino Nuzzo (from Italy - Naples)

1118016681_ForceGT120GB.JPG.6a348708a4e1fb1796225a4991255c59.JPG

Okay so I just updated using the Force 3 updater from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3. I got the green check mark indicating that the update was completed. However, the firmware rev doesn't change after restarting the program/rescanning the drive. I've updated again and got the same results. What gives?

It's impossible to assist you without your system specifications. Please put them into your dropdown menu as requested at registration.

Got green checkmark, but upon rescan (taking much longer than the initial scan) the result is a blank box, i.e, the firmware updater utility doesn't detect the drive (60gb GT) now. So I rebooted. BIOS detects it OK, so does Windows7. But when I attempt to format the disk, the format failed. [EDIT: pdf says to make sure you "clear BIOS" after successful firmware update. After 3 days have finally figured out this means "clear CMOS". Heh. Will try that before requesting RMA. Would of helped to get a reply here, but I appreciate the likely workload burdens at the moment. Pretty crappy validation there, Sandforce. ]

My system Details:

Motherboard is GA-870a-UD3 (Rev. 2.0). I connected the GT-60 to the second sata3 port ("SATA3_1"). W7-64 is installed on an 80gb Intel SSD connected to "SATA3_0". Zero issues in 2 years with the 80gb Intel.

OK, I updated BIOS to the latest, and cleared CMOS, but no luck. Can anyone detect what I might be doing wrong in the steps below?

To recap,

1) First, I updated Force 3 GT 60 firmware to 1.3.3, got green checkmark, but rescanning didn't find the drive, and attempts to format it in Windows7 failed. So...

2) I updated motherboard BIOS to latest version.

3) I turned power button off, and also unplugged the machine, then touched the pair of CMOS jumpers on the motherboard with a (metal) end of a screw driver (GA-870A-UD3, Rev 2.0).

4) Rebooted. Got a 'POST error' then, so I rebooted, and second time did get to Windows.

5) Entered BIOS and noticed all SATA ports had been changed to IDE in the BIOS ("Integrated Peripherals" tab), so I changed them all back to AHCI.

5) Turned off machine, put Force 60 GT back in, connected it to to SATA3_1.

6) Rebooted, launched disk manager (Administrative Tools-->Computer Management-->Disk Management). Located the GT60, attempted to format it. Unfortunately, formatting still fails.

My other SSD (80gb Intel) remains fine as my system drive (on SATA3_0).

If anyone can point me on the right track here, I'd be most grateful. Must be something I'm doing incorrectly. Is the sequence of actions above in the right order? Did I skip something? Is this an AHCI issue, i.e, my W7 installation was done on IDE instead of ACHI? But I've always selected "AHCI" in the BIOS, from day 1 with this machine, at least I believe so. Maybe I'm missing some step. Still perplexed. RMA time?

I have the same problem.

I unpacked a new Force 3 60GB with 1.3.2, connect on my old service MB Asus P5QL-CM with new installed Windows 7 x64 SP1 AHCPI On

make update to 1.3.3

SW say update was OK but firmware is still 1.3.2.

Hi there,

I was wondering whether if the update process can be done in RAID mode at all? If not will using another computer to update the drive through SATA II ( only SATA II available on my spare PC ) be any issues?

Thanks

No, it cannot be done it RAID mode. Please read the download page and the .PDF file.

Archived