Corsair Community

Force Series 3 and Force GT Firmware Update Ver 1.3.3

Yellowbeard

Will do--much thanks.

Secure erase did the trick, i.e, the drive will now let Windows format it.

Because the firmware was still listed as 1.2, I reran the 1.3.3 firmware updater, which this time completed successfully. With ATTO benchmarking tool saying 550 read, 450 write on this drive, I'm one happy camper now.

P.S. I was going to wait out the Sandforce 2200 uncertainties, but got tempted to give a GT60 a try, I guess, because, with some Corsair products already under my belt (psu, 800D, ram), I expected a soft, supportive Corsair landing, no matter how far down the SF-2200 rabbit hole I fell. Supportive it was, and I didn't fall too far, afterall. -Thanks, again.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm somehow ceases to amuse.

Corsair Force 3 SSD FW 1.3.2 Signature 142-142-22790 60GB

connectet on Intel H67 ATA6Gb/s on Asus P8H67-M EVO

booting new installed Windows 7 x64 from secondary SATA II WD HDD

AHCI is ON

Download http://www2.corsair.com/yellowbeard/force3gt133/Force%203%2060GB.zip

As Administrator run Corsair_FieldUpdater_v1.1.exe

select Croisair Force 3 SSD

update Firmvare

22797.vic

update is proceed

after 20 sec.

Firmware download process completed successfully

but

Rescan for Drives still say fw rev 1.3.2

What to do?

Rescan for Drives still say fw rev 1.3.2

What to do?

Have you tried the other steps noted in the .PDF file and on the download page?

I have the same issue as you do. I tried to update Corsair Force 3 SSD 120 gb to 1.3.3, however it still shows 1.3.2.

It's impossible to assist you without your system specifications. Please enter them into the dropdown menu as requested at registration.

I'm a little worried now, I just ordered one of these drives... Should have did more research first, hope mine wont put up a fight when it gets here. :sigh!:

Most people actually do not have any issues at all. Keep in mind you are in a support forum so of course you are going to see issues here.

Most people actually do not have any issues at all. Keep in mind you are in a support forum so of course you are going to see issues here.

True, but still.. I spent a bit-o-cash on the drive and my current project, I kind of bought the drive on a whim because I wanted a SSD and with the flooding in Thailand.

I figured that I better get one quick before the prices get even higher then they already are.

Have you tried the other steps noted in the .PDF file and on the download page?

It's impossible to assist you without your system specifications. Please enter them into the dropdown menu as requested at registration.

Sorry to forgot my system information. I just updated. Plz help :)

Look in our HOW TO section for a guide on using Parted Magic to secure erase an SSD.

I'm a little confused with the HOW TO PDF.

Do you have to run the Ultimate Bootable Flash Drive Tool and then manually add the Parted Magic files from there web site or is Parted Magic included in the Bootable USB tool?

Many thanks

Martin

Yes, as noted in the .PDF file:

A drive like the Flash Survivor GTR, pictured below, can become a wonderful tool

in a few easy steps. An ISO image is an image of an optical disk and this tool has

the ability to boot from a bootable ISO image thus eliminating the need to burn a

CD or DVD. Following the directions in this guide, the user simply downloads the

desired ISO file, extracts it to the USB drive, edits three lines of text, and the tool

is ready to use.

Many thanks, YellowBeard.

I have a wonderful Voyager GT I'm planning on using :biggrin:

I've downloaded the ISO file which I can extract with Winrar and copy to the USB but for the life of me, I can't find the three lines of text that need to be changed in the PDF.

Edit: Just found it on the Advanced Features PDF.

On another note.

I've ordered a CORSAIR FORCE SERIES 3 2.5" 60GB which I'll be installing in a new rig for my daughter - Carbide 500R Black box, CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL8, and will be using an older HX620. Is it possible to upgrade the firmware from the USB tool? Before installing Windows?

I'd rather not have to install Windows 7 a couple of times if I need to Secure Erase the drive.

Many thanks!

I was planning on this SSD to be the OS drive.
We're saying the same thing. You want this SSD to be the OS drive on your daughter's rig, correct? Add it as a secondary to your computer, then run the firmware update from your PC. That way you can update the firmware on that SSD without installing windows on it. Then use the drive as the primary in hers.

I installed a Force GT 240GB drive on a Asus P9X79 Deluxe and cannot get the SSD firmware update tool to recognize it. It's installed on Intel's SATA III controller, the bios is set to AHCI and it's also enabled in Windows 7. I also run the tool as an administrator, any ideas?

I want to update the firmware to see if it resolves slow write speed issues..

Archived