Corsair Community

HX1000i - need extra PATA/Molex Connectors, not sure which kit/type to buy?

I'm building a server that has 5-backplanes powered by two molex each...need a total of 10! :(.

Corsair indicates that "Type-3 PATA/SATA" cables are needed, but having trouble finding extra for sale by Corsair or anywhere else.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I also had the gen4 cable kit installed on my old hx850i (gen3). Everything was fine except for the ATX cable

10 minutes ago, muvo said:

I also had the gen4 cable kit installed on my old hx850i (gen3). Everything was fine except for the ATX cable

Hi muvo, thanks very much for responding. Just to confirm, you were using a newer generation? Or type? Corsair's naming convention is a bit confusing.

Essentially you had something like this installed on your "gen 3" PSU?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/pc-components-accessories/cp-8920146/premium-individually-sleeved-psu-cable-kit-starter-package-type-4-generation-3-white-cp-8920146

If so, would this then work on the HX1000i, "Type 4, gen 3" ?

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CP-8920193-Premium-Individually-Peripheral/dp/B01MXXES03?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

the old HXi line is type 3. the new 2022 one is type 4. But for every single cable except the motherboard 24 pin one, type 3 and 4 are identical.

So basically you can buy PATA cables of either type 3 or 4 and it will work. By now, type 3 is harder to find anyway, so you can go for type 4 cables.

But LeDoyen explained it correctly.

yes, it should work with both cables.