Corsair Community

HX1000i keeping PC from going to sleep

pjt042

I recently upgraded my PSU from a RM850x to the iCue compatible HX1000i.

Since the upgrade I noticed my PC does not go into sleep mode anymore. I found that the PSU, plugged into USB for iCue, is resetting the PCs idle timer all the time.

If I unplug the PSU from USB or if I disable the associated USB input device in Device manger, the problem goes away, but then I obviously don't have it in iCue anymore, which beats the purpose of having an iCue compatible PSU.

Is anyone else experiencing this or have a way of getting it to work correctly?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I couldn't get it working. When I connect the PSU via USB, my PC won't go idle.

Corsair suggested reinstalling iCue, which seemed to work initially but didn't fix the issue. My Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 RAM modules also stop responding in iCue, possibly due to compatibility issues with my Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard. I regularly check for updates hoping for a fix, but no luck so far. Today, I searched again for solutions and found your reply to my post in the results 🙂

Btw, I used the info here to troubleshoot and trace it to the PSU USB connection:
https://superuser.com/questions/1633518/windows-10-desktop-pc-will-not-go-to-sleep-automatically-based-on-set-idle-timer