Corsair Community

How To Remap "Sniper Button" as an extra mouse button.

Diode Diabolus

The question is entirely in the title however I'll give more detail. 

I'd love to Remap my (as default) sniper button to an extra exclusive mouse button (i.e. like the numpad mice have M1 through M9 mappable as exclusive keys for gaming (Dodge=M7). I can only seem to be able to map the sniper key as an existing key on my keyboard or mouse. 

Hopefully that makes sense. Or am I thinking that those keys exist when other users are likely just mapping existing keys to their numpads and making a fool of myself? 😂

Cheers in advance. 👍🏻😂

3 hours ago, Diode Diabolus said:

I can only seem to be able to map the sniper key as an existing key on my keyboard or mouse. 

That's how it works.  It's not a universal mouse input recognized by games like left click, right click, etc.  You'll need to use substitute mapping.  If the dodge function in game is the V-key, remap sniper to the V-key in CUE.  That also makes it game specific, so if you have lots of games and intended uses you'll likely want game specific profiles.  

The Scimitar is different with the extra physical keys, but it's the same issue and games don't natively recognize a "M7" or any of the others.  I believe that mouse defaults to numpad input until you change it.  

Edited by c-attack