Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

22 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Quick follow up, we released a couple iCUE versions since the original issues were reported.  Can you confirm if you are on the latest version of iCUE?  It should be 4.33.138, which can be checked under settings in the upper right corner of iCUE and under the "Updates" tab.

Hi Nick, I am also on the current iCUE version and the freezing also didn't change for me. My freezes happen a few times a day. 

On 2/23/2023 at 12:17 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Quick follow up, we released a couple iCUE versions since the original issues were reported.  Can you confirm if you are on the latest version of iCUE?  It should be 4.33.138, which can be checked under settings in the upper right corner of iCUE and under the "Updates" tab.

Yes it still happens. The only difference is that now ICUE tends to crash when it does.

Edited by Lymsical

By the way, for anyone that is having issues with this, i fixed my problem by disabling icue from starting on start up havent had a crash in 2 weeks of heavy use, not the best of solutions but it works /shrug 

Edited by killastan

3 hours ago, killastan said:

Übrigens, für alle, die damit Probleme haben, ich habe mein Problem behoben, indem ich icue vom Starten beim Start abschaltete. Ich hatte in 2 Wochen starker Nutzung keinen Absturz, nicht die beste Lösung, aber es funktioniert /shrug 

Ist nur Blöd wenn man noch andere Corsair Hardware eingebaut hat die iCue benötigen...

9 hours ago, killastan said:

By the way, for anyone that is having issues with this, i fixed my problem by disabling icue from starting on start up havent had a crash in 2 weeks of heavy use, not the best of solutions but it works /shrug 

I confirmed that, K100 will still freeze regardless of iCue being disabled, (3diff K100 tested).  problem continues even on a Mac computers (Macbook Pro and imac tested)

This is a known problem since it was reported 8-2022.  at first, it was blamed on the new firmware that was released either October or Nov of 2022, but  v1.9.26 firmware in which new out of the box keyboards comes with also have this issue.

This is the first time ive encounter of a tech with a known issues didnt get pulled from being sold world wide.

Whats the latest update on this from Corsair?

While I get tehese freezes less frequently than others... its happened twice in the last 2 days. Both times needed to unplug the keyboard to get it working again.

Not sure if its related, but been having a few iCUE crashes too... (not at the time of the keyboard freezes)

Having just got all my RGB controlled by iCUE, and previously having great response from Corsair support... this isnt very reassuring.

IT seems that whatever the issue is, they havent nailed it down yet. Or they have... but cant fix it via a Firmware update.

For an over £200+ keyboard, this is totally unacceptable time to resolve.

I need to bump this as I am also having this issue with my K100 OPX .. the first time it happened I just brushed it off, however it has happened multiple times now (seems to happen after longer play/on sessions). 

When it happens, everything else works - but my iCUE definitely stops working as my lighting profiles revert to "standalone" mode. 

Unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in has gotten the keyboard working again - however this last time my PC actually restarted when I plugged the keyboard back in.

Please for the love of god fix this. This is already a silly amount of money to spend on a keyboard, at least make it work.

Well after 2 months of back and forth on the ticket i opened they gave me a prewriten response for me to reset the keyboard witch i did beforehand and stated in my first mesage 

So i tell them that  i was gonna reset the keyboard again and get in touch again in a couple of days while inevitably fails again

And they took the chance to close my ticket 

Great customer support corsair 😃

Im on the last icue (4.33.138)

Please, Corsair can speak out about this widespread problem and be transparent in solving it. It is shameful that a company of its size has these problems in a product of more than €200.

The keyboard is great but if it doesn't do its job well for one Poor firmware management is useless, I have 11 computers where I use it and the problem is transferred to all of them, it doesn't matter what I am or what version of icue you have, the problem is in the keyboard, from here I make a call to the entire community that has this keyboard to make a joint demand since the keyboard does not fulfill its main function I have been having the problem for 3 months now and there is no solution on their part I think that is reason enough after having spent a fortune on the product I think that we deserve compensation

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 5:43 AM, homeownie said:

Does anyone know the latest firmware version of this K100?
1.11.34 Is this the latest version?

I'M REALLY surprised it hasn't been fixed since November last year.

I got 1.11.39 but it keeps crashing....

Absolute joke of a company. Corsair have went downhill fast.

Edited by josh125

Can we get an update on this issue? It's turning a £200 keyboard into a paperweight.

@Corsair Nick

Edited by josh125

Yo tambien estoy en la misma situacion y he seguido todos los pasos.

En mi caso me escribia solo hasta que he borrado los perfiles por defecto, solo llevo horas con el y ya he tenido problemas por todos lados (aqui citados + la escritura fantasma).

Mi firmware es el 1.11.39 y la version de iCue la he descargado a fecha de 15/03 asi que es la ultima.

Se supone que compras un teclado tan caro para no tener problemas, lo he comprado en amazon, si no se ha resuelto esto en menos de un mes lo devuelvo y pongo a corsair en mi lista negra (soy empresa)

• Corsair Employee
On 3/15/2023 at 6:04 PM, josh125 said:

Can we get an update on this issue? It's turning a £200 keyboard into a paperweight.

@Corsair Nick

Our validations team has been performing testing on various solutions to resolve the behavior.  There isn't any official word on the status or timeline that I can share right now, but we are making progress.  As soon as a viable solution is ready for the public, we'll let you know.  Know you guys have been waiting patiently for this the be corrected, and our internal teams are working diligently to resolve it.

• Like 2

Been getting these several times a day since I bought the thing.  Been monitoring this thread and am just so disappointed.  My keyboard is "mostly" okay but sometimes weird stuff happens and I don't always know if it's the keyboard.  In 25 years of computing I had never purchased a top of the line keyboard before - I wanted to splurge this time - my first mechanical KB - individual lighted keys - I mean, wow, right!?  What a piece of equipment!   If the firmware were not trash, of course.  How can any company let this happen to it's most expensive, flagship product - in any category?  What does that say about quality control, change management and just plain basic engineering competence in Corsairs keyboard division, circa 2022-2023?  Nothing good - that's for sure.

I'll consider forgiving this, in terms of ever buying a Corsair product ever again, if there is a remedy before April ends.  I consider a remedy in this context to be an actual fix, compensation of some kind for those of us who blindly purchased the K100 while Corsair knew it was broken, or I'd even accept a good, old fashioned, "we screwed up - we are sorry - here's what happened - and here's what we are doing to make sure it doesn't happen again" .  Sadly, I think the third option is the least likely - based on what I've seen here so far.

Good luck to the engineers losing sleep over this - I hope sleep is being lost at this point because that's normal when your flagship product in a category has been fubar for 4 months without a shred of progress.  And good luck to we, the owners of this stunningly gorgeous, yet hopelessly flawed, typing device.

y4mIX4Ur8OI_Y-0lC1jRU-J2vVjamDuaS4KXFQDR

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 3:47 AM, KHdV said:

I got mine K100 a week ago with firmware 1.9.26 an also experience freezes so it's not only with firmware 1.11.xx

Might be worth you posting your logs next time it freezes. No-one has reported freezing on 1.9.26 in the past.

I exchanged my keyboard on the weekend (running 1.11.39 and freezing multiple times a day) for a new one running 1.9.26 that hasn't frozen in 3 days.

On 3/19/2023 at 2:52 AM, a911lambo said:

Got my keyboard the other day and got the exact same message/firmware as you.

The message (update failed) is normal, Corsair have taken the K100 update offline to prevent further people updating to the problematic firmware. Think yourself lucky 🙂