Corsair Community

H150i Elite Capellix suddenly has one fan running high/fast all the time

Lynda R

So I have had my H150i Elite Capellix AIO running fine in my custom build for well over a year now with zero problems. Now, all of a sudden, one of the fans has been running like a jet engine even at startup. I was really confused at first as to why my system suddenly got so much more fan noise until I checked my iCUE and saw what was going on in my image. As you can see, Fan #5 is running at over twice the speed of the other two, with no apparent reason. I checked for any kind of blockages on that fan, and I don't see anything wrong. Is this fan possibly dying, or is it something else? Again, it is at these elevated speeds even at startup from a completely shut down system. Also, it doesn't seem to change when I put it in quiet mode, but it will stop if I put it in zero RPM.

Screenshot 2022-09-21 131024.jpg

Try switching fans 3 and 5 on the Commander Core (PWM side only). It looks like the current #5 fan may have an issue with its PWM wire, but swapping should help narrow things down. A bad fan will still be a bad fan on #3. On the other hand if the new #5 now does the same, it may be a problem at the controller.