Corsair Community

can't controll fan speed in iCue 4 (locked around 1400 RPM)

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hey everybody, 

yesterday I bought a Corsair iCue 220T RGB Glass Case, 3x SP120 Pro fan and 2x LL120 fan. To control the fans and LEDs I use a Corsair Commander Core XT.

My problem is iCue 4 can't control the fan speed. The SP120 are locked around 600-800 RPM and the LL120 are locked around 1400 RPM. (But the LED control works fine.)

I've read many forum entries and tried a lot. For example, user-defined presets, restart, reinstallation, updates, delete settings from AppData, etc. Unfortunately, nothing helped...

Maybe someone had the same problem and maybe they can help me. Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Critical

My PC

MB: ASUS Q87M-E

PS: be Quite 550W 80Plus Platinum

GC: NVIDIA RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB [4 x 4GB]

Processor: Intel i7-4790K

HD: 4TB  [2x 500GB HDD(WD) ; 2x 500GB SSD (Samsung, WD)]

Fan: 3x Corsair SP120 Pro 2x Corsair LL120

Controller: Corsair Commander Core XT

iCue.PNG

• Solution

The Commander Core and XT controllers are PWM only. The SP-Pro from the 220T are 3 pin DC motors controlled by lowering/increasing voltage. The constant 12v of a PWM controller will make a DC motor run at maximum all the time. You’ll need to move those SP-Pro to the MB for voltage control. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, c-attack said:

The Commander Core and XT controllers are PWM only. The SP-Pro from the 220T are 3 pin DC motors controlled by lowering/increasing voltage. The constant 12v of a PWM controller will make a DC motor run at maximum all the time. You’ll need to move those SP-Pro to the MB for voltage control. 

Thanks! I suspect it will be the same with the LL fans, even if they have a 4 pin connection, right?

No. 4 pin is PWM and 3 pin is DC voltage. The LL will work as expected on the Commander Core/XT. 

• Thanks 1