Corsair Community

Win10, firmware v0.01 and i dont know why but i cant update it, i've tried iCUE 4 and older versions as well.

My issues is with my new void elite usb rgb 7.1, the mic is very low that my friends on discord says im talking from a "void" and i cant boost the sensibility or put the volume higher, and the second problem is that i cant update to a new version of firmware, iCUE says v0.01 is the newest.

Reading the forums i've already tried the following:

reinstall iCUE and delete %appdata% corsair

tried on iCUE 4 and older versions

changed the mic on windows to DvD Quality

installed an equalizer APO, better but still bad and the headset should work by itself

checked the privacy settings for the mic

tried to use it without iCUE

uninstalled others pc audio drivers checking for conflicts

disabled exclusive mode on windows sound properties

forced to update on iCUE but still v0.01

iCUE should have more controls for the mic, not only volume, im seeing a lot of ppl here complaining about it and the mic of your headsets in special void series, i dont know what to do and im thinking of returning the product and selecting a new brand for headsets if i have no solution here, sad.

• Corsair Employee

If your hardware becomes incompatible with Discord’s latest audio subsystem, you can fix this issue by using a legacy audio subsystem.

To use a legacy audio subsystem:

Open Discord.
Click the User Settings button.
Click Voice & Video.
Select the AUDIO SUBSYSTEM dropdown menu and select Legacy.

enable_discord_legacy_audio_subsystem.jpg

If you continue to experience issues with your headset, contact Customer Support via support.corsair.com.

17 hours ago, Corsair Blade said:

If your hardware becomes incompatible with Discord’s latest audio subsystem, you can fix this issue by using a legacy audio subsystem.

To use a legacy audio subsystem:

Open Discord.
Click the User Settings button.
Click Voice & Video.
Select the AUDIO SUBSYSTEM dropdown menu and select Legacy.

enable_discord_legacy_audio_subsystem.jpg

If you continue to experience issues with your headset, contact Customer Support via support.corsair.com.

Ty for your reply sir, i have a MSI h310m pro-vh mobo and using the latest drivers, the mic is very low even on windows and not only on discord or other programs, the problem is not volume is kinda a sensibility/boost issue to capture my voice, i've tested using a third party application called Equalizer APO to boost up the sensi and its better now but the mic should work by itself.

• 1 year later...

Yo, tras hablar directamente con el servicio técnico de corsair, al final la solución que me dieron y que arreglo el problema del micro y ahora me escuchan perfectamente es esta es esta (por si acaso os recomiendo guardar una copia del archivo que modifiquéis, vaya que lo hagáis mal, y así no tendréis que reinstalar icue y los drivers para volver a empezar). Espero que os sirva. Puede que este no sea tu problema, por lo que antes de hacer nada os aconsejo hablar con se servicio técnico. Gracias al servicio técnico por ayudarme.

ME DIJERON;

Estos son los pasos para los Void Elite y Pro, entiendo que tienes los Void Elite y no el PRO, puede seguir los pasos aún, pero solo utiliza el botón de silencio.

También puedes seguir los siguientes pasos:

1.       Salga de iCUE si lo tiene abierto.

2.       Escriba %appdata% en la barra de búsqueda de Windows.

3.       Vaya a Corsair > CUE4 >profiles.

4.       Abra cualquiera de los archivos CUEPROFILEDATA utilizando un editor de texto (como Notepad++) (por ejemplo {6cd71b5b-3931-40b3-etc…}.cueprofiledata).

5.       Busque SidetoneProperty dentro del editor de texto.

6.       Cambie el valor entre las etiquetas "muted" a "false" para que el valor diga "false". (esto es que cambieis > por < que esta entre mute y false)

7.       Si el valor ya se lee "false, a continuación, pasar al paso 8.

8.       Guarde el archivo, pero NO cambie el nombre del archivo.

9.       Cambie el archivo a sólo lectura haciendo clic con el botón derecho en el archivo, seleccionando Propiedades y marcando la casilla Sólo lectura.

Asegúrese de que la aplicación de iCUE esté actualizada y que sus dispositivos tengan las últimas actualizaciones, puedes compartir imágenes de iCUE software y firmware para verificarlas con usted.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...