Corsair Community

Far Cry 6 - get ready to liberate Yara in style. Make sure to enter our Giveaway!

Corsair Angie

• Corsair Employee

It's October 7th, 2021 - get ready to liberate Yara in style.

Fry Cry 6 (@FarCrygame) is out on PC and features iCUE lighting integration with RGB effects that react to your actions. While supplies last, get a free copy of Far Cry 6 with purchase of select RGB products!

Also be sure to enter in our GIVEAWAY! Ends on October 10, 2021!

Want more Far Cry content? Check out the Far Cry 6 high-resolution images from our photoshoot in our Gallery on the forums!

If you have any questions/comments - let us know down below! 

http://corsair.com/farcry6

How does this actually work? do i need to download a profile or does it automatically work when i start the game? how do i find other game integrations

The integration is not working for me. I start up far cry 5 and that one still works flawlessly but the far cry 6 one doesn't work or do anything to my lighting at all, and yes the 3rd party integration option is on in the game.

Edited by speedycerv

On 10/9/2021 at 4:59 PM, speedycerv said:

The integration is not working for me. I start up far cry 5 and that one still works flawlessly but the far cry 6 one doesn't work or do anything to my lighting at all, and yes the 3rd party integration option is on in the game.

You need to donwload the latest iCue 4 version...

Hello,  I am having the same issue, I have downloaded latest Icue, 4.15.153 version to be precise, I have enabled corsair RGB in game and software and game integration within Icue. Game sits at my default profile set in ICUE, it does not switch to Far Cry 6 lighting. Please help.

Update:

I have restarted the computer and this time it appears icue recognized the game and lighting switched ,but it does not appear it does much in terms of flashing or switch to different light patterns when doing different things in the game therefore I am not sure ,if it is working properly.

Working for me however as some one has posted not much integration during game play. The colors are very bright and active on the menu screens but during actual roaming around the color is pretty much static. I do however like how the lights dim during cut scenes and the E button flashing constantly when you near a loot. Overall good but needs more effects in my opinion. 

The light effekts works partially on my system. The only problem I have is that one out of 3 lighting node cores do not shift to game lighting, it just turns the lighting on the fans off.

The only thing I miss is that the keys on the keyboard would flash in another colour when they should be used

• 2 weeks later...

The integration is not working for me, when I toggle CUE integration on in the game all of my lighting goes dark. Has anyone who did not have it working figure out how to get it working? 

• 1 month later...

The integration works for me but only partially.  It absolutely controls mouse, keyboard, mousepads, LT100 towers, LS100 strips, and my first Lighting Node Core's devices (4 QL120 fans plus a couple of strips), but it refuses to see and control my second Lighting Node Core  to which I have connected 6 more QL120s.

Is there a limitation where the game stops after the first Core it finds?

I'm going to try some common resolution suggestions, toggling integration on and off, toggling game support on and off, turning the individual device integrations on and off etc, see if any of that helps.

Edited by Zone55555

• Corsair Employee

Hey there everyone, I've been reading and following the posts as well as collecting and relaying everyone's feedback to the team in charge of the iCUE and Far Cry 6 integration specifically. For those who may be experiencing issues where it works "partially", please make sure to read the following. I'll also try to get back to you through here as well.

Information on iCUE Game Integrations

What is iCUE Game Integrations?
A game that supports iCUE integration communicates to iCUE using our SDK in order to pull up specific lighting profiles that will display an animation on supported devices. Generally, when something happens in a game that has iCUE integration, it'll send a command to iCUE to pull up a specific lighting profiles and iCUE will display it. There's also some backend programming logic behind it that allows certain lighting effects to play over others (which gets into more nitty gritty programming stuff).

These lighting profiles are included in iCUE updates as part of the files that are installed on your PC when you install/update the iCUE software, so it's always a good idea to have the latest version of iCUE installed to ensure that you've got the necessary profiles ready to go.

Note that these lighting profiles are NOT visible to an end user in iCUE, they're simply in a folder buried in the iCUE installation folder wherever the program is installed.

As a note - it doesn't matter what storefront you get the game or piece of software from, as long as it's the PC version of the game.

Games that we've partnered up with for iCUE integration: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue-dev 

How it basically works -
To make sure that an iCUE integration is working, you'll want to check iCUE Settings -> Software and Games.

Under Software and Games, you can enable or disable software and game integrations separately, by default those will be enabled.

You'll also be able to see active software and game integrations (listed as clients). You can block specific games and software if you don't want the integration enabled for that specific game or piece of software.

It's also possible that rather than having iCUE integration enabled by default when a game or piece of software is launched, the developer makes it a setting that you have to enable in the game settings. Generally though, you should be able to just launch the game as is and as long as iCUE is running in the background, the integration kicks in.

1920059557_iCUEIntegrationExample.thumb.png.83bee6ae363c8c7f3b3bb4664e09602f.png

• Corsair Employee
On 10/7/2021 at 11:58 AM, WillYo said:

Why the Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT lighting isn't working? Is it not supported or what? I have corsair rgb ram sticks, ll fans, etc and they work just fine with Far cry 6 lighting.

Hey WillYo, any updates on your Far Cry setup? Are you still experiencing issues? If possible, can you provide what iCUE version you are running? 

• 3 weeks later...

The integration still only works partially for me. my ICue version is 4.18.209