Corsair Community

Carbide 678c - How do you remove the Optical Tray?

Hi All,

Apologies if there is already a thread addressing this - I searched but couldn't find anything relevant. 

I'm new to Corsair cases and am just getting prepped for a build. I've got the Carbide 678c ready to go, but I'm looking to install a 360mm AIO in the top and it seems to require removing the Optical tray to get that done. There doesn't however, to my eyes, seem to be a way to remove the tray and it isn't mentioned in the manual at all. All of the HDD trays are easy to move around so I assumed the ODD tray would be similar in nature.

If anyone has any insight they can share - I'd greatly appreciate the help. I've seen some images online of people who've fit 360mm AIOs online - but this optical tray is really tripping me up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

6 minutes ago, Phil Moore said:

Hi All,

Apologies if there is already a thread addressing this - I searched but couldn't find anything relevant. 

I'm new to Corsair cases and am just getting prepped for a build. I've got the Carbide 678c ready to go, but I'm looking to install a 360mm AIO in the top and it seems to require removing the Optical tray to get that done. There doesn't however, to my eyes, seem to be a way to remove the tray and it isn't mentioned in the manual at all. All of the HDD trays are easy to move around so I assumed the ODD tray would be similar in nature.

If anyone has any insight they can share - I'd greatly appreciate the help. I've seen some images online of people who've fit 360mm AIOs online - but this optical tray is really tripping me up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit - Neglected to mention that the website mentions that the case can support a 360mm rad up top but with the optical tray removed. 

Edited by Phil Moore