Corsair Community

Lighting Node Core not detected with ASUS dark hero x570, USB Disconnects

Brand new build. Issue where the USB devices keep disconnecting for 4-5 seconds every 5 min or so making it unusable! Also in iCUE 4 the Commander Pro fan hub, keyboard, mouse, AIO,  RAM, lighting strips are all detected but the lighting node core which controls the RGB for the fans is NOT detected.  Used 2 separate lighting node core's issue persists.

Its plugged into known good USB and SATA power, nothing.

Lian Li 0-11 Dynamic
Ryzen 5900x
Asus Dark Hero x570
Asus Strix RTX 3080
Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz (4x8)
Corsair h150i elite capellix triple fan
Corsair RMx1000 PSU

It seems like you have three USB 2 connections to manage.  Since most motherboards don't have more than 2, you likely need some assistance.  If you have connected the Lighting Node Core into the Commander Pro's passthrough port, that is likely the issue.  Recent AMD boards are a bit light on USB power so piggybacking multiple devices on the same line doesn't work out well on X570, B550, etc.  Most users need a powered USB hub to provide the necessary number of connections with adequate power.  See the thread below.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/168270-usb-connectivity-issues-related-to-amd-500-series-chipsets-megathread/

According to Corsair solution, we are to go into bios and change all PCIe lanes to gen 3, I did this, cleared cmos first, made sure I'm on latest chipset driver, Latest bios, issue still persisting.  So in order to run 9 total fans, with RGB,  I will need 4 total hubs???? This is insane.  

No, you likely need 1 powered USB 2 hub. These typically have 3-5 USB ports and a SATA connection to augment the power from the MB. 1 of your devices can go to the MB and the remaining go to the usb hub. 

I'm with @c-attack here - get the powered USB hub. That really resolves a lot of issues with the USB connections.

Thanks for your reply.  So as of right now my Commander Pro is plugged into the USB header on the mobo, from there the lighting node core is plugged into the commander pro USB hub (LNC is not detected within icue at this time), and the USB hub that the h1501 is plugged into the 2nd USB header of the mobo, so far this is 3 total controllers.

What I am gathering here is that I'm to buy a 4th total connection, preferably a 1male-2female connection, which will plug into the USB header on the mobo, then the commander pro and LNC into the 2 female ports, in turn 4 total connector/hubs.. 

Is this correct?

3 hours ago, DelTacoBoi said:

What I am gathering here is that I'm to buy a 4th total connection, preferably a 1male-2female connection, which will plug into the USB header on the mobo, then the commander pro and LNC into the 2 female ports, in turn 4 total connector/hubs.. 

No, not a 2 way splitter.  That is what the Commander Pro is already providing and the result is the Lighting Node Core on back end isn't detected.  

You need a powered USB Hub, like the one linked here.  The problem is the board does provide enough power for devices to share a USB port.  These types of hubs get that powered from a separate SATA connection to the PSU.  There are other models that will work for this as well.  This is not a new issue and AMD MB owners have been dealing with this for the last two years plus.  Some devices are more affected than others.  The Commander Pro pass through ports almost never work on those chipsets.  

Edited by c-attack

Both the lighting node core, and commander pro, are connected to separate SATA power?  

If I do get this NZXT hub, do I have to download this NZXT CAM software as well?  I'm not a fan of running more than one controller software, hence why every possible part of the build is corsair, so it all runs through a single controller software.

5 minutes ago, DelTacoBoi said:

If I do get this NZXT hub, do I have to download this NZXT CAM software as well?  I'm not a fan of running more than one controller software, hence why every possible part of the build is corsair, so it all runs through a single controller software.

No, not at all. there's no need for CAM and CAM doesn't even see the hub. If CAM was required, I don't think that many of us here on this forum would use that hub.

Thank you. I purchased the hub, should be here today.

So to be sure, I connect this NZXT hub into my MOBO directly, then I plug both the commander pro, and the lighting node core into the NZXT hub in two separate ports, and then NZXT hub, commander pro, and lighting node core all into individual SATA power.  This should then be enough to power both commander pro and LNC detecting them in ICUE as well as possibly fix the issues where my keyboard, mouse, and audio devices keep resetting?

• 6 months later...

I've had the NZXT Internal USB hub since day 1, and everything worked flawlessly until about 2 weeks ago. iCUE stopped recognizing my Node Core's altogether, and no longer responded to anything related to the Motherboard to ARGB. I've gone through the whole "uninstall ArmouryCrate, AURA, iCUE, plugins, BIOS, etc." process multiple times now, and it'll work periodically for a day or two & go right back not recognizing devices.

Here's the core components of my build that I believe could relate to this:   

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 Memory
  • Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card
  • Case: Lian Li O11D XL-X ROG
  • Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Case Fan: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack
  • Case Fan: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fan
  • Custom: Corsair Fan Controller Commander Pro (CL-9011110-WW)
  • Custom: CORSAIR Lighting Node Core
  • Custom: CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO CL-9011109-WW, RGB Lighting Controller
  • Custom: LIAN LI STRIMER PLUS 24 Pins Addressable RGB Power extension
  • Custom: LIAN LI STRIMER Plus Triple 8 PINs -Addressable RGB VGA Power Cable
  • Custom: NZXT Internal USB Hub 3 - AC-IUSBH-M3-4 Internal USB 2.0 Ports
  • Custom: PirateDog Tech Corsair RGB to Aura/Mystic Light (Motherboard) A-RGB Adapter ( plugged in from Strimers → LED port on Node Pro )

Completed Build on PCPartPicker →
( Full component build list + a TON of photos showing everything working, wiring, etc. )

When everything was working ...

1622522791_EverythingWorking-1.thumb.jpg.8aab27acb04e3cfb9aef41bb7cf48a7b.jpg
2071179960_EverythingWorking-2.thumb.jpg.fcc1a8c77b242eb1b935cfc6e5662cea.jpg
1588470903_EverythingWorking-3.thumb.jpg.61bd2a8ca095a92fcc4219fc4b77b20c.jpg

1861325979_WiringNest.thumb.jpg.efbe55713207e2925240691712fe6b72.jpg1585076879_CORSAIRControllers.thumb.jpg.39709866650d9cbe91977514c509e308.jpg

Edited by brucebentley
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, brucebentley said:

I've had the NZXT Internal USB hub since day 1, and everything worked flawlessly until about 2 weeks ago. iCUE stopped recognizing my Node Core's altogether, and no longer responded to anything related to the Motherboard to ARGB. I've gone through the whole "uninstall ArmouryCrate, AURA, iCUE, plugins, BIOS, etc." process multiple times now, and it'll work periodically for a day or two & go right back not recognizing devices.

Here's the core components of my build that I believe could relate to this:   

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card
  • Case: Lian Li O11D XL-X ROG
  • Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Case Fan: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fan
  • Custom: CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO CL-9011109-WW, RGB Lighting Controller
  • Custom: LIAN LI STRIMER PLUS 24 Pins Addressable RGB Power extension
  • Custom: LIAN LI STRIMER Plus Triple 8 PINs -Addressable RGB VGA Power Cable
  • Custom: NZXT Internal USB Hub 3 - AC-IUSBH-M3-4 Internal USB 2.0 Ports
  • Custom: PirateDog Tech Corsair RGB to Aura/Mystic Light (Motherboard) A-RGB Adapter ( plugged in from Strimers → LED port on Node Pro )

Completed Build on PCPartPicker →
( Full component build list + a TON of photos showing everything working, wiring, etc. )

When everything was working ...

1622522791_EverythingWorking-1.thumb.jpg.8aab27acb04e3cfb9aef41bb7cf48a7b.jpg
2071179960_EverythingWorking-2.thumb.jpg.fcc1a8c77b242eb1b935cfc6e5662cea.jpg
1588470903_EverythingWorking-3.thumb.jpg.61bd2a8ca095a92fcc4219fc4b77b20c.jpg

1861325979_WiringNest.thumb.jpg.efbe55713207e2925240691712fe6b72.jpg1585076879_CORSAIRControllers.thumb.jpg.39709866650d9cbe91977514c509e308.jpg

wow great build !!!!    😀 i love it.

I also have the nzxt internal hub. It's mostly the only good one out there.

it fixed an issue with my simple lighting node core not being detected in icue (V 3/4).

the hub allowed me to free up a motherboard usb slot because the hub works ONLY connected directly into the motherboard.

The controller NEVER worked connected to a splitter or the powered hub.

I just wonder how could I add more nodes if they all need a direct motherboard connection?

anyway my hub is about one and a half year old and sometimes it randomly disappears from icue despite the direct connection.

I have to unplug it and re connect it to have it working for a random amount of time... I hope it's not going to stop working...