Corsair Community

So my mouse has been acting up for a while. Left clicking seems to not register unless I press where the red circle is on the attached picture below.

If I click in the red circle, it's a single click. If I hold there, I can drag files and highlight text.

Anywhere above that circle and it's basically hit and miss for clicking. Sometimes it registers no click. Sometimes a double click. I can highlight stuff or drag a file to a point, then it just deselects everything/drops the file in place.

Right mouse button seems to work completely fine regardless of where I press.

kJAYR9e.png

Any chance Corsair is working on some new mice prototypes with better buttons?

Edited by JeffMakesGames

Well first if it's still under warranty, get it exchanged. If it comes from Amazon they will be faster than going straight to Corsair. Otherwise open a ticket (link up in the forum menu).

For the switches i red a few posts about some mice using cheaper chinese Omron switches instead of the regular ones. These seem to cause more issues. But i have no idea if the nightsword uses these, or the regular Omron.

I already did. They had me do a soft reset of the mouse.

Didn't fix anything.

Then I was given instructions on replacing the firmware, but I wasn't able to do it. Instructions didn't work.

I believe this is a hardware issue. Also, ignore the picture now. It's just lucky dip if my left button will do what I want it to now.

I bought it from Best Buy last year, so I no longer have the box or receipt. Only thing I can see doing is getting a new/replacement corsair mouse and hope for the best. I just don't know whether to go for another nightsword or something else.

Edited by JeffMakesGames

• Corsair Employee
I already did. They had me do a soft reset of the mouse.

Didn't fix anything.

Then I was given instructions on replacing the firmware, but I wasn't able to do it. Instructions didn't work.

I believe this is a hardware issue. Also, ignore the picture now. It's just lucky dip if my left button will do what I want it to now.

I bought it from Best Buy last year, so I no longer have the box or receipt. Only thing I can see doing is getting a new/replacement corsair mouse and hope for the best. I just don't know whether to go for another nightsword or something else.

You should follow up with the agent in your support ticket and inform them that none of the reset options resolved the issue. If they ask for additional information including the receipt provide as much as you possibly can as they may still be able to assist you as a courtesy with a replacement. This is not a promise of a replacement though as that decision is up to our support team.