Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

do you mean the on screen overlay? that was removed, and not coming back

So no onscreen way to know what profile you are switching to??

That crazy... the only usefull thing for me of having a Corsair mouse.

Ok I sell it

:evil:

Thanks!

Alain

So no onscreen way to know what profile you are switching to??

That crazy... the only usefull thing for me of having a Corsair mouse.

Ok I sell it

:evil:

Thanks!

Alain

Yeah, it's been posted a few times by others - and a rep said its simply not an icue 4 feature

• Corsair Employee
Thanks Corsair for the disruption you caused with iCUE4. Luckily my retailer cares more for their customers than you do. They'll let me return my Virtuoso SE and refund me.

So I will be reverting to iCUE3 and will able to control my H100i GTX again.

I don't really understand how you made that decision to treat long standing customers that. Because, it's those loyal customers who are affected the most by this desaster.

Sorry to hear, skyfyre. The VIRTUOSO SE is not restricted to iCUE 4, it is supported in iCUE 3.

iCue 4.12.214 reverts everything to quiet profile on each boot.

After boot I have to manually restarts iCue before I get an option to select Hydro X products.

Same

Win 10 21H1

iCUE 4.12.214

Does this issue still occur with an entirely new profile?

I have tried creating a new profile it does not change anything.

I still have to restart iCue after each booth to select hydroX hardware.

And when I close the iCue window it reverts back to quiet setting.

I have tried creating a new profile it does not change anything.

I still have to restart iCue after each booth to select hydroX hardware.

And when I close the iCue window it reverts back to quiet setting.

I have the exact same issue. Sometimes the Wizard to set Hydro X doesn't show up. When it DOES show up it crashes iCUE after setting the hydro x fans. At one time I was able to set the Hydro X pump, PC went into sleep mode and all was wiped.

I am new to iCUE but I spent now two days on forums to figure it out and the general consensus seems to be that iCUE4 is trash. I am going to petition one of the youtube streamers to take a look at this to warn other new customers before they buy into this buggy product, maybe that will lead to a better update on iCUE that actually works.

Yeah, it's been posted a few times by others - and a rep said its simply not an icue 4 feature

Well, hopefully they reconsider (per the note that this feedback is being passed on. It was a ludicrous decision, as if they didn't even think of basic usage scenarios where users might want to know what profile they have changed to given it's significant impact on a number of things at once (keys, fan profiles, etc.).

• Corsair Employee
I tried this solution but does not work for me.

ICUE-image-2.png

The button: "DPI toggle" on that case does nothing.

I tried different thinghs:

1. setting the button with left click, does nothing.
  2. setting the button with right click, does nothing.
  3. setting the button with double click does nothing.
    ICUE-image-2.png
  4. setting the button with "launch application -> web browser" this work.
  5. using ICUE with different language nothing change.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks for trying that, sorry that it isn't working, this should be the correct way to set what you were trying. Could you reach out to our support team so they can look further?

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Updated to 4.12.214 , wizard still crashes on Hydro X setup.

I have manually setup the component and this seems to work (hydro x fans on plugs #1 to #5 and Hydro Pump on #6), Icue remembers even after a reboot.

BUT if I go back into the commanderpro settings... the #6 device which is the pump, defaults back to 1500rpm as if it's a normal fan. So if I ever go into the commander settings, I have to set the pump back to "hydro x pump" every single time.

Sorry to hear about this, I'll pass this along to see if it's something that's still appearing for us.

• Corsair Employee
icue.png

So... Who decided not to take keyboard layout into consideration when doing keyboard remapping? Just comparing the two keyboards tells the full story.

Hey haabe,

With all the varying layouts, I could see why it uses the full keyboard layout as more encompassing so that it can cover all the keys. But, I also understand what you mean when the discrepancy between the keyboards is very obvious, I'll pass this along, thanks!

icue.png

So... Who decided not to take keyboard layout into consideration when doing keyboard remapping? Just comparing the two keyboards tells the full story.

i can see why some of the keys look different for ease of use/multi region... but wow, yeah lets rebind the numpad keys on a keyboard that doesnt have them :O

New version comes out, still a mess. Decide to do a complete uninstall, profile clearout, manually removed folders and registry settings for Corsair.

Rebooted, did a new install of version 4, added the HydroX profiles back via the quickstart guide, redid my other custom profiles, rebooted and AGAIN the software wipes the HydroX profiles and treats everything like I'm fresh installing my HydroX blocks.

What have you done to this piece of software Corsair? What a mess. Going back to 3.xx.

I have no idea how a company this size presumably with lots of in-house testing on software can greenlight releasing applications in this much of a mess for consumer use. I can only imagine consumers less technically minded, or those that don't use forums often tearing their hair out wondering why Corsair's own software keeps wiping HydroX profiles and messing up fan/pump speeds.

Not meaning to make the forum staff feel demoralised, but this iCUE 4.x has been a right blight on the reputation of Corsair. I'm sure you'll get there eventually, but software this buggy that stops your own hardware working properly should never be put out for mass consumer use.

Edited by Audioboxer

I generally agree with all the comments here. Corsair could really benefit from a more robust in house QA plus an official beta program (via sign up) or “Insider” program like Microsoft does before ever officially releasing the software to everyone.

Their hardware is great, but software is key to make all that beautiful hardware work well. Without great software the hardware is useless.

Edited by CivilizedAge

I generally agree with all the comments here. Corsair could really benefit from a more robust in house QA plus an official beta program (via sign up) or “Insider” program like Microsoft does before ever officially releasing the software to everyone.

Their hardware is great, but software is key to make all that beautiful hardware work well. Without great software the hardware is useless.

Just gone back to version 3, and, bliss, it... just works ::pirate::

But yeah, 4.x should be in beta and only available for manual "upgrading" until it works properly.

I am kind of dissappointed because the potential in icue is huge but i simply dont understand why they dont keep their RGB effects updated.

I mean there is for example the audio lightning for my ll120s and my rgb strips but why is the effect not available for my h100i platinum pump which has the same led layout as the ll120s or why is it missing for my vengeance rgb pros which has the same layout and number of leds like in my rgb strips.

A really not understandable thing is why i need a corsair headset to get the audio lightning on the k95 platinum working.

And its not just those examples, there are plenty more effects that work on a one product but not on the other one.

The QL fans have more effects then the LL fans even though the LL are just 15€ cheaper.

And i am convinced a few of the QL effects can work on the LL too because the front of the QLs is just like the LLs just a little rotated and the effect itself would be still good looking on a LL fan.

Please understand this Corsair Team and I would be very happy if I see some shanges in the next update because with this range and these prices on your products it should be possible.

Have a great day!

Dear Corsair-Team,

iCUE v4 (at least the latest two official releases) is giving me a headache.

Today I have clean installed my Windows 10 21H1 just to make sure that there's no interference with other driver(s) and software. It still happens.

Problem:

My H115i ELITE CAPELLIX is getting stuck. Neither is it adjusting the color of the connected fans (based on temperature) nor is it adjusting the fans' RPM based on the fluid temperature. If it happens the RPMs (fans, pump) aren't updating and the historical data is at the exact same RPM for a while. I only notice it when I'm gaming (CoD Warzone), otherwise the system is in idle and not warming up.

Result: The case runs hot.

Easy fix: Restart iCUE.

As soon as iCUE has been restarted the color of the fans is changing like set and the fans wind up to the max speed (because of the high temperature).

I will gladly provide logs in case this helps. Please let me know - this honestly sucks and is super annoying.

Thank you.

Edited by t0niX

Dear Corsair-Team,

Today I have clean installed my Windows 10 21H1 just to make sure that there's no interference with other driver(s) and software. It still happens.

Problem:

My H115i ELITE CAPELLIX is getting stuck. Neither is it adjusting the color of the connected fans (based on temperature) nor is it adjusting the fans' RPM based on the fluid temperature. If it happens the RPMs (fans, pump) aren't updating and the historical data is at the exact same RPM for a while. I only notice it when I'm gaming (CoD Warzone), otherwise the system is in idle and not warming up.

As soon as iCUE has been restarted the color of the fans is changing like set and the fans wind up to the max speed (because of the high temperature).

I will gladly provide logs in case this helps. Please let me know - this honestly sucks and is super annoying.

Thank you.

As I cannot edit my initial post: This happens randomly - it is not happening all of the time. I believe something (iCUE/some API/external tool/driver) is randomly crashing (maybe only in specific scenarios) which results in my observations.

I had a same issue with same headset. As it turned out for me it was dongle which caused problems. Dongle was somehow from earlier model of SE headset ( original Yellow jacket) and iCue4 wouldnt recognize it. Corsair support was kind enough to send me replacement dongle and now everything is fine.

Can you post a photo of your dongle with sticker?

Yeah I read your post and figured I was in the same situation, here's a picture of the back of it.

0K0mDdDQFH.png.b313968819557d1c63a3a438af851f95.png

Dear Corsair-Team,

Problem:

Thank you.

Update: I read in another thread about similar problems. In that case a forced firmware update was the solution. I tried it myself and it seems to have worked - no more issues until now. Weird, but I'm taking it. :)

I noticed after updating to the latest version of ICUE 4.12.214, my H100i V2 stopped showing up on the utility. I still have my Keyboard and mouse and the receiver showing just not my watercooler. I think it stopped showing on the previous update on ICUE before the latest version. Has anybody else noticed this issue? The watercooler, keyboard, and mouse are all Corsair products. I was using Corsair LINK before it was discontinued with H100i V2, then i started using ICUE. Edited by Dominator01

I noticed after updating to the latest version of ICUE 4.12.214, my H100i V2 stopped showing up on the utility. I still have my Keyboard and mouse and the receiver showing just not my watercooler. I think it stopped showing on the previous update on ICUE before the latest version. Has anybody else noticed this issue? The watercooler, keyboard, and mouse are all Corsair products. I was using Corsair LINK before it was discontinued with H100i V2, then i started using ICUE.

Discontinued. welcome to the club, leave your feedback here so Corsair nick can pass it along with the rest of our complaints.

No details yet, but we are looking into it. It does take some time to replicate, resolve, and perform our testing before releasing an update to the public. We'll be sure to let you know once the update is available.

We've released 3 versions of iCUE over a 2 month span. Typically updates are done once a month, but sometimes more often. We're definitely working to have another release, but I don't have an official date on when it will be publicly available. You should get a notification to update in iCUE once it's live.

As we've mentioned before, this feature was removed from iCUE 4. We've passed the feedback on to our developers that some of you would like to see it come back, but as of right now we don't have any details if it will be included.

Do you have an update available for me when this will be fixed for ICUE version 3?

I dont want to upgrade to version 4 like i said in my previous posts, i want to stay on version 3 and im still waiting for an update.