Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

2 issues for me so far.

1 - K100 Keyboard issue. On Windows startup only, if you have custom colours/effects set for the control wheel, for example spiral rainbow for all elements of the control wheel, the control wheel lighting is off when iCUE first starts when windows loads up. Rotating the wheel then lights it up with the effect i have applied, as if it thinks the whole keyboard has been dimmed? But its only the control wheel that is off on startup.

2 - When you lock your PC, (Winkey+L) iCUE stops running as normal and defaults to hware lighting as you would expect. But when you log back in iCUE stops running completely and has to be restarted. EDIT for this point, seems the HW profiles were messed up, reapplying those fixed this.

Edited by bIOforger

I am extremely disappointed with this update. Not only did it absolutely destroy my tediously customized color profile, which is now completely gone, but it also has DECREASED THE NUMBER OF LIGHTS AVAILABLE IN MY FANS. The exterior line of LEDs in all 5 of my fans have been completely disconnected and are not even shown as available in the UI.

I also have a Corsair VOID headset. It no longer supports it and so the Dolby surround sound I BOUGHT THIS HEADSET FOR is no longer supported.

I'm pissed off beyond measure. I demand you either implement these things back into the software, or give me a means to roll back the update to a previous version so I don't have to deal with this forced removal of features that I outright require in order to justify continuing to use your services. Reply ASAP please. Thank you.

Edited by Technobeard
removed OP quote for readability

Hopefully you understand that we have the best intentions for the community and our customers.

No, you don't. My mouse and my AIO cooler are no longer supported. Going back to v.3 is no option if you buy new Corsair hardware. Your only intention is to force people to buy new hardware, but please have at least the decancy to refrain from such copy & paste marketing statements.

However, you have at least achieved part of your intention, I will buy new hardware but it won't be from Corsair.

Edit: Just had a good laugh, the Void Elite now shows MEDIUM instead of a percentage for the battery status. The percentage was always a fantasy number, they solved it by removing it. Upon further investigation of v4 I think 90% of the development went into the new ugly GUI and 10% into removing features and hardware support.

Edited by Technobeard
fixed quote

Yeah this new update is absolutely terrible in terms of being buggy. Whoever thought it was a good idea to launch this, smh.

Not to mention they've somehow made it harder to use aesthetically despite wanting to try and update an ageing design from before.

I'm gunna guess how this went down

Corsair forum employees:

"Hey guys? we get a lot of complaints about CPU usage bugs and bloat in Icue 3, can we get the Techs on this?"

Corsair Techs:

"Yeah sure, but this craps complicated - can we get more funding for more employees?"

Corsair Bosses:

"How about you make an all new Icue 4.0 to help launch our new products, and ditch all the old products we legally can and we give you LESS money and workers?"

Well, at least they made iCUE3 look good, so now people stopped complaining about its drawbacks. I'd say that's a temporary success :p

I haven't even updated. iCUE is installed on my work laptop and there's no way i lose time debugging that computer with public pre-alpha release of proof of concept of a replacement for iCUE3, just to set mood lights on my keyboard and mouse pad... and i need battery too.

Well, at least they made iCUE3 look good, so now people stopped complaining about its drawbacks. I'd say that's a temporary success :p

I haven't even updated. iCUE is installed on my work laptop and there's no way i lose time debugging that computer with public pre-alpha release of proof of concept of a replacement for iCUE3, just to set mood lights on my keyboard and mouse pad... and i need battery too.

Don't upgrade, one of the worst bugs I have so far is after a few hours of operation the whole app just hangs up and crashes. Requires to be manually force closed.

Not to mention the HydroX profiles I normally use with my D5 pump and waterblocks decidedly randomly to be there one moment, not there later on.

You couldn't even call this a beta its that unstable.

I made an account just to comment in this thread.

I'm never going to buy a corsair product ever again.

I'm not someone who constantly replaces hardware, both because I don't have the money AND because I simply don't see the need for it. My Scimitar RGB has been working fine for 5 years, and now I'm forced to use an obsolete version of the software because corsair decided to stop supporting THEIR OWN PRODUCTS.

This is ridiculous and unacceptable, it's just another way to enforce obsolescence of products on the market.

Absolutely disgraceful.

• Corsair Employee
Not very happy with this update, I think it is a step back.

No side panel :sigh!:

I had to force a firmware update to my h115i capellix, before only 1 fan was detected.

Led are disabled when entering to capellix configuration, quite strange behaviour.

Geforce 3060 Ti fan profile does nothing, always in default mode, it was the only interesting new feature for me and does not work, so I think I will downgrade to v3. Hope it is fixed in the future.

Do you have any other software such as MSI Afterburner running in the background? Do the fans adjust speed if you set them to full speed?

• Corsair Employee
I have 5 issues with ICUE version 4 and 2 issues with ICUE version 3.

Can ICUE version 3 get supported again, so many people are unable to upgrade to ICUE version 4 due to many issues and reasons, yet corsair still quit supporting version 3.

I have 2 easy to fix issues in ICUE version 3, but because support was lifted even though people cant upgrade to version 4, i am now stuck to 2 issues or 5 issues on version 4 instead.

Can the light being stuck on ICUE version 3 with ICUE active get fixed on the lenovo legion 7?

Can the hardware lighting mode being reset when opening ICUE get fixed aswell on the lenovo legion 7?

I think these are just simple debug code that were accidently left in the plugins.

If these 2 issues were to be solved, i would be so happy and thankful.

About ICUE version 4, There are 5 issues i have with it.

Version 4 uses a constant 30% CPU usage,

I cant get used to the new layout & macro editor in version 4,

The battery drains 5X faster in ICUE version 4 vs uninstalling ICUE version 4 with no way to reduce it.

There is no way to reduce the CPU usage and battery drain without disabling all of the core functions.

ICUE version 4 has 2X more CPU usage than ICUE version 3.

These are the reason why i cant upgrade to version 4.

I've reported this to our development team to look into. Can you provide more specifics on the system specs for your particular laptop? The Legion 7 comes in a variety of different options, so I'd like to narrow it down for the team. Also, are all these issues related specifically to the Lenovo Legion 7 Laptop, or multiple systems.

Edited by Corsair Nick

Since the update I have problems with my H115i Elite Capellix being unavailable. This has happened a couple of times now, it never happened with any other iCUE v4 release before. As a result there's no fan speed adjustment at all which results in a pretty HOT case and components temperature under load. The lighting is not being adjusted as well when this happens.

A simple quit (not force quit, iCUE ist still working - just the Capellix shows a red /!\) and restart of iCUE solves the problem (temporarily).

Edited by t0niX

I quit Corsair a little over a year ago after having to replace my K95 5 time and still had the same problem with crap hardware. I went to Razer and optical switches and love them. I got a new Huntsman V2 last week and found it had sticky keys the first game I played with it, so I chose to come back here with a K100. The reason for the Razer sticky keys is the software that they will not fix. I'm happy with the K100 and better hardware, and now I have the same problem with the beloved K100. Corsair has choice to change the software that I was fine with for years with this crap I just opened and thought my PC video was screwing up. WTF is it with people wanting to dumb down the front end of the software to make it look like facebook. If this is the future of iCUE then I'm glad I just bought this because it will be going back for return as well. My only hope is if I can roll back and keep it from updating to this crap.

The fact that OSD has been removed is infuriating, especially as someone who likes to use multiple profiles with multiple binds. Please add it back, Please.

Like what am I supposed to do when switching, check my profiles and DPI in icue every time? Color code every combination? Who thought of this? Like why did anyone think this would be a good idea?

I have posted about this very issue several times but have not yet had a response from Corsair staff in the thread (at least that I can see).

This is the very issue I have cited - without an OSD or some of notification if you are in a full screen application (that makes clicking the iCUE taskbar icon impossible), you can only rely on lights if they are separate per profile. Furthermore, if you are using Wallpaper Engine (which takes over all lights if you want it - I do want that), or just use the same lighting effect for each profile, you would have no idea what profile you are in.

• Corsair Employee
Since the update I have problems with my H115i Elite Capellix being unavailable. This has happened a couple of times now, it never happened with any other iCUE v4 release before. As a result there's no fan speed adjustment at all which results in a pretty HOT case and components temperature under load. The lighting is not being adjusted as well when this happens.

A simple quit (not force quit, iCUE ist still working - just the Capellix shows a red /!\) and restart of iCUE solves the problem (temporarily).

What happens if you perform a force firmware update in device settings? Does the cooler resume regular operation? Would also recommend reaching out to our Technical Support team for additional troubleshooting if you haven't already:

https://support.corsair.com/

I've reported this to our development team to look into. Can you provide more specifics on the system specs for your particular laptop? The Legion 7 comes in a variety of different options, so I'd like to narrow it down for the team. Also, are all these issues related specifically to the Lenovo Legion 7 Laptop, or multiple systems.

The laptop is the Lenovo legion 7 16achg6,

RTX 3080 mobile,

5900HX,

32GB's ddr4-3200 sodimm ram,

M.2 SSD

The light being stuck, hardware lighting mode resetting, CPU usage and the battery being drained 6x faster is related to ICUE running on the Lenovo Legion 7 16achg6 (2021)

The light being stuck was fixed on ICUE version 4, but because i cannot upgrade to that, i need it to be fixed on version 3.

The CPU usage is for every single device that has ICUE running in the background, it decreases the CPU performance by quite a lot.

Also why even bother having 2 download links for version 3 and version 4 of icue when you dont even support version 3 anymore??

90% of the people are still using version 3 and will probably not switch over to version 4 due to the issues it brings.

I have a ton of issues with ICUE in general aswell, my desktop has the h150i elite capellix and its making me have to troubleshoot daily and check if everything is working correctly.

1. I am forced to run the water cooler in software mode because the only sensor available is the water cooler sensor in hardware mode.

2. Running the water cooler in software mode causes the fans to get stuck if the cpu cant keep up by a stress test or massive load, it also causes a high of cpu usage which i am unable to avoid.

3. My case fans speed up EXTREMELY slow and the reaction time to the cpu spiking to 90 degrees is about 6 seconds,

If i start up something that heats up the CPU it literally takes 6 seconds to even start increasing the fan speed for my case fans and it takes another 55 seconds to speed up to 100% fan speed.

4. Sometimes my fans just dont even react to any temp change at all,

the only way i can fix that is by opening ICUE and going to the water cooler page and then somehow they start responding again.

5.There is no way to force the hardware lighting mode in software mode, so im stuck to having software based lighting which decreases my CPU performance.

Edited by Rickje159
more info about desktop issues.

What happens if you perform a force firmware update in device settings? Does the cooler resume regular operation? Would also recommend reaching out to our Technical Support team for additional troubleshooting if you haven't already:

https://support.corsair.com/

Hi Nick!

Why would I want to do that? The AIO performs perfectly and performed perfectly before the update. It is running on the latest firmware. I'm pretty sure that the issue was introduced with the latest version of iCUE. I don't want to take any risk of bricking my device as it was a ton of work to perfect my current build.

Please let me know - thank you.

Sorry to hear that, are you able to provide more information on what system specs you have? Have you done a clean installation of iCUE4? If not follow this https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE

Johan - I'm having the exact same issue described here with v4. I've done a clean re-install as described at the link. No dice. Everything else seems to be working fine - i just get this annoying pop up every time icue runs. Any ideas? Specs are in my profile.

2021-05-18_12-28-49.png.d4b62a997eeea91b4abd805ce74764d6.png

Hello,

I see lots of peoples are upset against iCue V4.

I'm not in this spirit, but I can tell that V4 crashed a few things in my V3 setup. I made the upgrade, and then:

- my LL fans run constantly even in 'quiet' setting, they were much quiter with V3

- I was unable to find the 'HydroX Fan' setting for these fans

- I lost the 'iCue Space' side panel

- I had to explore again the whole UI, although I couldn't find anything new, the only effect beeing that controls have been dispatched randomly in new menus and panels, seemingly ordered by a mad wizard logic.

Took me one hour, but the conclusion is that Corsair seems to want to reach new customers instead of taking care of its loyal clients, and Corsair doesn't invest enough efforts in quality insurance.

So I'm back to V3 because I love my Corsair custom cooling.

But when my Corsair hardware will stop working under V3 (which it seems Corsair is not reluctant to do), I will switch to another brand like Thermaltake or whatever.

Corsair HQ, you can thank your marketing and design guys, they lost me as a customer. And don't blame technics, they probably just apply the company strategy.

Hi

I'm not able to find the option to store a profile on the onboard memory of my k70 lux.

All my profiles got a memory card icon next to the 3 dot but noting happen if i clic on it.

Am I the only one, did they forget something and update it later? Or I can't figure out how to do it?

I quit Corsair a little over a year ago after having to replace my K95 5 time and still had the same problem with crap hardware. I went to Razer and optical switches and love them. I got a new Huntsman V2 last week and found it had sticky keys the first game I played with it, so I chose to come back here with a K100. The reason for the Razer sticky keys is the software that they will not fix. I'm happy with the K100 and better hardware, and now I have the same problem with the beloved K100. Corsair has choice to change the software that I was fine with for years with this crap I just opened and thought my PC video was screwing up. WTF is it with people wanting to dumb down the front end of the software to make it look like facebook. If this is the future of iCUE then I'm glad I just bought this because it will be going back for return as well. My only hope is if I can roll back and keep it from updating to this crap.

Now if I dial down my K100 lighting as low as it will go, let it sit idle for a few hours when I try to turn the brightness up is don't respond like it did on the old iCUE. Plus the fans are going to full speed on the H100i cooling another time that hasn't happened before. :mad: