Corsair Community

H150i RGB Pro XT - Can't change fan speeds

Hi there,

I installed my Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT last night. Selected hardware specs for reference:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz
  • Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS Micro ATX AM4
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
  • Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case
  • Power Supply: Corsair RMx White (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I swapped out the supplied Corsair ML120 fans with three Noctua NF-P12 1700 PWM fans I already had. These were confirmed working in other builds and my choice was mainly down to aesthetics.

The radiator is top mounted as an exhaust with the fans in a push configuration. I also have 6 Arctic P12 PWM PST fans as intakes, all of which are connected to a SATA-powered fan hub.

While all the Noctua fans on the radiator are spinning, I can’t seem to control them in the iCUE software. No matter which profile I apply, including custom ones, the fans stay at the following RPM:

i-CUE-H150i-Pro-XT-Fan-Speeds.png

i-CUE-H150i-Pro-XT-Fan-Speeds2.png

Fan 2 is too loud at that RPM. I’d like to set them all to roughly 800-900 rpm.

I have confirmed the following:

• The pump is connected to the USB header on the motherboard
  • Each 4 pin Noctua fan is connected to the fan splitter coming off the pump
  • The 3 pin connector coming off the pump is connected to the CPU fan header on the motherboard
  • The product is connected to a spare SATA power cable
  • Can anybody help? My first thought would be to retry with the supplied Corsair ML120 fans. Please let me know if there is anything else I can try! I have never attempted to control fan speeds through the BIOS.

Thanks!

Unfortunately it probably is the fans. There are a few select European manufactured models that don’t seem to get a long with a few Corsair controllers. Older EK Vardar, BeQuiet SW2 & 3, and the 3000 rpm version of the Noctua industrial fans. Traditionally the other lines of Noctua do not pose a problem, but I do recall one other user having trouble with the Redux at one point.

Go the Performance tab and select a custom curve. A graph will appear below. Select a couple of PWM % fixed values and see if the fans respond. Manual fixed control is not really a solution, but if it works it may confirm the issue.

Aside from dumping the fans, there may be another work-around you can test with what you have. Some of the troublesome fans can be managed by running them through a PWM hub. Temporarily disconnect the other case fans and put the three P12 on the PWM hub. Run the control PWM wire back to the any of the three fan connectors on the pump controller. There will be only one fan speed in CUE for the AIO. See if it now responds normally. If successful, getting another PWM hub would be another option besides swapping back the ML or any other fan.

Thank you for the reply!

I managed to get two of the fans working with custom curves - just fan#2 won't respond to any changes now.

I have a spare PWM hub. I'll try adding the three AIO fans to that and see if anything changes.

Hopefully I won't have to bust out the screwdriver and replace them!