Corsair Community

USB Connectivity Issues related to AMD 500 Series Chipsets - Megathread

My iCue crashes constantly and has been for almost 10 months already when I got this stuff.

I have a 2 port Lighting node with 9 of the triangles installed and 4 light strips. I have another 6 port Lighting node with 6 RGB fans plugged into that. I have an H100 Elite LCD. All 3 are plugged into their own USB headers, however they might all be using the same SATA daisy chain. I will try giving each of them their own dedicated SATA power cable first.

I do have my mouse and keyboard which are also Corsair, and a DAC plugged beside each other into a set of USB ports. I don't know if any of these USB headers/ports are conflicting with each other. I will report back in a few days after trying these suggestions.

Freevision may have found the fix, at least for some people. It's been almost 24 hours now, and not 1 crash for me. iCue was crashing 1-2 times hourly previously and putting everything into hardware mode. If it's not the fix, it's at least incredibly better than it was.

I had 1 laptop hard drive, a 2 port lighting node and 6 port lighting node with all channels filled, and triangle accent LEDs plugged into the same 4 plug SATA cable. I am using an RM850x power supply, so there is enough power, however I guess that is too much for one cable. They all now have their own dedicated SATA power cable. I am going to try plugging 2 things into one cable over the next few days and see if it still works, because that is a lot of cable.

If this is the actual fix, I can't believe Corsair couldn't figure this out and post something here. All of the instructions say to plug into any available SATA connection; there is no mention of power requirements.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 11:27 AM, Coopznz said:

Holding my breath but I might have fixed it!!!!!

Corsair supply a USB link cable for joining two controllers together, split this and go into separate USB plugs on your mother board, if it fails again I will report back

sorry, which link cable have you used?

I tried using a Corsair internal USB hub, no luck.

It's been almost 1 week since I switched my cables. I have 2 things plugged into 2 different SATA power cables now, instead of 4 on 1 cable. iCue crashes 1-2 times per day now, instead of 2-3 times hourly. It did the same thing whether I had 2 or 1 thing plugged into each cable.

I use my computer basically all day. So there is still some issue, but the power was definitely the biggest problem.

This is an ICUE install and system problem ,corsair link used to install  in to universal serial bus controllers and all was fine , ICUE installs in to Human Interface Devices as an Virtual Device if anyone remembers virtual drives and their disconnecting issues you will see this is why it has connection issues the same way ,Please Corsair go back to Link software for Elite Capellix Pro coolers 

• Like 1

It started happening when I switched out MB. None of the above steps worked for me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 12-core

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 64GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P

Bios Version: F14

GPU: Evga GeForce RTX 3080TI

Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix

PSU: Corsair RM1000

• 2 weeks later...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X | ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO

Getting the issue described in this thread so seems not only affecting AM4 platforms but AM5 as well.  I made a thread about the details here:

Sad to say but highly disappointed as a first time Corsair user. 

• Like 1

All my problems with USB disconnecting are solved when I uninstalled this ICUE CRAP !!!!!!!!!

X670e here............corsair is a bad company and I never saw here on the forum THEIR ANSWER. Only people problems and other people try to help eachother. Corsair service and help is a joke. Guys - look at the forum - there are many similar problems but ZERO answer from corsair.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

iCUE v5.0.147 - after 15min all USB disconnected/reconnected - grats corsair one more time - you guys are useless.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 8:48 PM, EeeTee said:

@Corsair Nick @Corsair Notepad

It's pretty disappointing seeing that you are responding to other threads and blatantly ignoring this one.

When can we expect your team to actually deliver what we paid for? Or, if that is not going to happen, face up to your sins and admit that AMD builds are no longer compatible devices.

Even more ironic that they took time to moderate and edit my previous post but still not reply.

I've had better customer service from a vending machine...

• Like 2

Same trouble on my setup :

Asus Strix B550-E Gaming, Ryzen 5900x, Corsair Vengeance pro RGB, H150i RGB Pro XT watercooling

Keyboard K100 + Dark core pro SE mouse can't no longer be recognized by Icue when I boot, I have to physically unplug them, then plug them back in to get my peripherals  set up as expected.

This situation has become really annoying since 5.1.11.13 verison of Icue.... Corsair did a disaster on that last update, please react !

Edited by dylanjumpman

• 2 weeks later...

Same problems

System Asus X670E Extreme 7800X3d 4090FE

Corsair stuff K100 64Gb Dominator Plat DDR5 Icue 7000X MM800 Nightsword Nexus Void headphones and that POS ST100 that crashes my system if I plug it in.

This needs to be fixed Asap everytime I restart my system I need to repair Icue to get it to work.

On 5/18/2023 at 4:24 AM, Historic said:

Same problems

System Asus X670E Extreme 7800X3d 4090FE

Corsair stuff K100 64Gb Dominator Plat DDR5 Icue 7000X MM800 Nightsword Nexus Void headphones and that POS ST100 that crashes my system if I plug it in.

This needs to be fixed Asap everytime I restart my system I need to repair Icue to get it to work.

Hate to say it but I wouldn't be holding your breath on a fix.

Corsair have ghosted us on this issue and no longer replying.

@Corsair Nick @Corsair Notepad , how about you do your job and prove me wrong

@EeeTee Thanks for your reply mate have fixed the problem uninstall Icue 5 gone back too 4 also now have the ST100 on a usb powered card so it cant mess with my mobo usb ports any more, Waited to make reply to make sure is fixed which it seems to be once again thanks for trying to get Corsair to pull their finger out.

Edited by Historic
  • Thanks 1

Hi.

My motehrboard asus x370 pro, commander pro and H100 I Elite. Constans usb disconnections.

My solution was to disable: "usb selective suspend settings" in control panel/changed advanced power settings.

At the moment, no usb disconecctions

Regards

20230527_160422.jpg

ICUE just causes all sorts of problems. Uninstalling the app relieved me of all my USB related issues.

1 hour ago, ItsFSG said:

ICUE simplemente causa todo tipo de problemas. Desinstalar la aplicación me liberó de todos mis problemas relacionados con USB.

Is not correct. You have to disable usb selective suspend.
ICUE will work ok

• 3 weeks later...