Corsair Community

USB Connectivity Issues related to AMD 500 Series Chipsets - Megathread

To start off, thanks for providing your feedback in this thread and how the BIOS updates are affecting the USB stability with the CORSAIR products. It seems like most of you reporting issues are running ASUS motherboards based on the list your provided, or what is in your PC spec list. We'll have to see if further BIOS updates improve the behavior for more of you, it sounds like they are still rolling them out. We're still investigating on our side as well, but don't have any official word on fixes we can provide at the moment. We'll keep you updated.

Cool. Asus bios update Versión 3603 2021/03/22 didnt work for me.

ASUS x570 PRO

Ryzen 9 3900x

Corsair Comm Pro, 9 Corsair fans, DeepCool watercooling.

I too encounter this issue in an x299 (Asus zenith extreme alpha) and threadripper as well as different threadripper on the newer tr4 zenith extreme alpha II. I can get it to stop locking up my pc by unplugging but otherwise it causes random issues. But these boards do seem to have other random usb issues too.

This issue was the reason I returned my two-week-old a7200 (MSI B550A-Pro with 5800x). Corsair should never have accepted my order much less even shipped the unit knowing these machines would be unusable with USB HDs. This is a lawyer's wet-dream. (But thank you, Corsair, for having your return policy.)

I now understand why HP, Dell, and Lenovo aren't even listing any 5000-series Ryzen machines for sale; and they won't until the fix (AGESA 1.2.something-or-other, more?) has been proven to work perfectly. They'd have a support nightmare.

Installed Asus 3801 bios (beta) with AGESA 1.2.0.2

Problem still exists...keyboard randomy disconnects from iCue

Was about to try my boards latest beta, not sure I cba now tbh :(

Versjon 3501 Betaversjon

2021/04/08 20.28 MBytes

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII IMPACT BIOS 3501

"- Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.2

- Fix USB connectivity issue

Might try it after it's out of beta.

I installed a PCI USB card shortly after assembling my pc, and I haven't had usb problem since

Yes, but the hardware from Corsair bv the commander of my iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX is connected to an Internal USB header, and that disconnect too, which is difficult to connect to a USB card

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

Thank you for continuing to provide your system specifications. Motherboard vendors have been rolling out BIOS throughout this month and will continue to do so - I suggest checking your vendor's website for a new BIOS update.

For example, MSI released a BIOS update for their B550-A PRO motherboard just a few days ago, noting that it addresses USB compatibility. Let us know if the BIOS updates help!

I have an ASUS TUF Gaming B450-Pro motherboard, that has only 2 usb2.0 headers... so far i may connectr Commander Pro to one and LNC to the other? byt either CP and LNC are sata powered... so they have enough power despite of the CP 2 usb "splitter"?

or should i buy an usb2.0 pcie1x card which draw some power via pcie slot and use that?

Little confused, help me clarify the situation... ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
The only fix for me so far was uninstalling iCUE. Even the latest version still causes disconnect so there's an issue with the chipset and iCUE.

Can you provide your system specs? Do you have any other hardware monitors running concurrently with iCUE such as HWMonitor or HWInfo? If so, what happens if you run iCUE without those running?

My commander disconnects on my Asus X570-Pro board, Asus told me to return my board lol, asked them should i send everyone else having the same problem to do the same? total pain in the rear this issue with the commander and its disconnections all the time

Specs on the one with the most annoying issue -

Specs -

Corsair iCue 220T TG Case White

Corsair RM850x PSU White

ASUS Prime X570-PRO ATX Motherboard White

Ryzen 9 5900x CPU

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32gb 3600MHz Ram White

Vetroo V5 CPU Cooler & argb Fan White

2x Zotac Gaming RTX 3060 12GB GPU White

6x Corsair LL120 120MM High Airflow Fans White

Corsair Commander and Lighting node pro

Corsair MP600 Force Series, 1 TB High-speed Gen 4 PCIe x4, NVMe M.2 SSD

WD BLue 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD

2TB HDD, 1TB HDD For backups

1TB SSD For backups

1TB WD Black external Game drive

CPU-Z Validator benchmark info -

https://valid.x86.fr/9d2x80

Edit: Forgot to say I am on Bios Version 3801 Beta Version

Edited by RobFallen

I have an ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero in a computer I built two weeks ago. I am using one Commander Pro and one Commander Core and I got massive issues with disconnects right away and I am using a lot of USB devices so that made the computer useless to me.

I tried bios and chipset updates, PCIe Gen 3, C-State but nothing helped. But then I found in another thread here that some were helped by adding an internal USB hub so I tried that as well and that seems to have done the trick for me too.

I can confirm the even with the latest version of the bios (7C91vA64) for my MSI 550 Tomahawk and the latest chipset drivers I still had the USB disconnect issues when gaming. The problem went away as sson as I removed my H100i RGB PRO XT and went back to stock cooling.

I still have iCue running to manage my keyboard

Edited by Reagvin

• Corsair Employee
I can confirm the even with the latest version of the bios (7C91vA64) for my MSI 550 Tomahawk and the latest chipset drivers I still had the USB disconnect issues when gaming. The problem went away as sson as I removed my H100i RGB PRO XT and went back to stock cooling.

I still have iCue running to manage my keyboard

It looks like your motherboard has two USB 2.0 headers. Did you already try your H100i RGB PRO XT with both headers?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. New B550 board user here. Upgraded from a B450 and the USB issues were noticeable immediately. My Dark Core RGB has a lot of intermittent stuttering. Sometimes the stuttering is real bad for 10 seconds or so and sometimes it's only for a brief moment. For some reason my Harpoon does not have this issue. My USB devices also intermittently disconnect/reconnect. It does not happen often, but it has happened during crucial gaming moments.

Specs:

Asus Prime B550-Plus

Ryzen 3700X

Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance 16GBx2 DDR4 3200mhz

Thermaltake 650w Gold+

Corsair ST100 Stand

Monitor with USB passthrough cable

Corsair 220t Airflow case with 1 additional SP120 fan in the rear.

I would have returned my B550, but I did not want to take apart my PC and reinstall windows again. Had to reinstall because previous windows was legacy mode, and Asus uses the new one or whatever it's called.

I've done the usual change to pcie3, disable c-state, etc etc.

I want to add that lately when the disconnects happen, my mouse and keyboard still work. My ST100 and it looks like my fans disconnect.

Edited by id3alistic

• 2 weeks later...
I own a Gigabyte Aorus Master X570, I installed the latest bios with AGESA 1.2.0.2, but it didn't fix anything for the ''Device not detected at initial boot into Windows'' problem, I don't have it every time and a reboot of windows fixes it Edited by EnterpriseNL

• 2 weeks later...