Corsair Community

USB Connectivity Issues related to AMD 500 Series Chipsets - Megathread

I have a prebuilt from the Corsair website and my audio device just becomes unrecognized at points, It to my knowledge isn't an issue with the headset as all my USB devices RGB light reset at the same time as the headphones disconnect, im using razor usb devices

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070
Motherboard:  MSI B550-A PRO
I changed My PCIE to gen 3 and it still hasn't helped

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. After a while the solo cabling solution stopped working going back to usb reconnects. I have been able to deduce by reading and consulting a lot of information that the problem is inherited from AMD and not from Corsair because it does not offer a constant flow of voltage, creating spikes that end in disconnections.
But I have found a small fix that corrects that problem.

This solution has been working correctly for almost 3 weeks and it is about forcing windows not to disconnect the usbs.

Solution: Go to Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Go to USB Properties > Power Management and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." Do the same with the other USBs.

I hope it works for you. Greetings.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 1:41 PM, freevision said:

Hi guys. After a while the solo cabling solution stopped working going back to usb reconnects. I have been able to deduce by reading and consulting a lot of information that the problem is inherited from AMD and not from Corsair because it does not offer a constant flow of voltage, creating spikes that end in disconnections.
But I have found a small fix that corrects that problem.

This solution has been working correctly for almost 3 weeks and it is about forcing windows not to disconnect the usbs.

Solution: Go to Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Go to USB Properties > Power Management and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." Do the same with the other USBs.

I hope it works for you. Greetings.

In my X670E I don't need to disable any USB power management options. I only uninstalled iCUE and my computer don't have USB reconnects anymore.

Now I control my fans RPM and RGB with Signal RGB and Fan control. It works wonderfully and without any bugs or alerts in the event viewer... Even motherboard fan control works with no problems.

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2023 at 23:26, N0m0r3 said:

En mi X670E no necesito desactivar ninguna opción de administración de energía USB. Solo desinstalé iCUE y mi computadora ya no tiene reconexiones USB.

Ahora controlo las RPM y RGB de mis ventiladores con Signal RGB y Fan control. Funciona de maravilla y sin errores ni alertas en el visor de eventos... Incluso el control del ventilador de la placa base funciona sin problemas.

Yes. Fan control is the best option.

• 5 weeks later...

Icue is just getting worse with every update, 5.8.130 is just a crash fest and the rgb lighting with my K70 lux and M65 elite mouse is no longer funny, I have Icue set to run on startup but 8 times out of ten my lighting profile wont kick in so I have to close Icue and restart it....sometimes it take several attempts, also the game intergration with The Division 2  is patchy at best, the div2 support is the only thing that has kept me using my Corsair K70 lux, I`d be happy if I could just install the keyboard and mouse drivers with out the rest of the junk.... at least I could use Msi center without out any conflicts, long gone are the days of running corsair ram, rgb fans and a Corsair aio, If Msi made a better keyboard than my K70  LUX AND M65 RGB ELITE....thats what I`1d be using.

That being said....I am happy with my 2gig MP600 pro XT and my 2 gig MP600 pro nvme drives.... not to mention my Corsair HX1000i psu which I`ve had for close to 10 years.

Edited by Roy Davies
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

non of this worked for me I had lost 12 hours due to this crap controller software reinstalling windows all my programs I am not happy at all. get a controller was excited for and it bricked my system  usb ports my time i lost cause my pc failed due to this companys software I should of known better when the antiviris flagged it as unsafe

Late to the game.  But I have been using iCue for the past 3 years with only a few issues.  But I recently had to upgrade my AIO and bought a h150i Cap XT and now I all of the sudden have BSOB with the dump file stating the crash was caused by Corsair Service.  It started with just the iCue software restarting.  Small freeze on the PC.  But now it is BSOD.  If I stop iCue I can game for hours no issues.  I have tried all the things people have done from PCIE 3 and USB settings and usb ports etc.  Reset the PC, reloaded windows, but it did it again, BSOD.  It has to be an issue with iCue and the 2 controllers.

MSI B550 Tomahawk

Ryzen 5600X (no overclock)

MSI 3070 Ventus x3

Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM (2 x 16)

Corsair 850W power supply

Commander Pro ( that came with AIO) New and now causing issues?

Commander Core XT (original controller for RGB fans)

Screenshot 2023-12-29 214046.png

• 4 weeks later...

My Post from:

iCUE crash since v5.8.130 update : CrashdataUploader - "Attempted an unsupported operation."

FINALLY SOLVED!

For months now I have been looking for a solution to the problems with the iCUE software.

I've tried all sorts of things mentioned here on the forum. Searched all over the internet for solutions. However, nothing solved my problem. Even an internal additional USB 2.0 hub with power connection could only help to a limited extent. Again and again, there were USB disconnects and my H150i Elite Capellix was no longer displayed in the dashboard. Only a PC restart had helped for a short time. Also, all the tips concerning the energy-saving functions of the USB ports were completely ineffective.

Finally, I was able to find a solution to my problem:

The internal USB 2.0 headers on my motherboard are the cause. This still seems to be the case with many motherboards with AMD X570 chipsets. Even a recent BIOS update didn't change anything. This means that the motherboards in question will probably have a permanent problem with the internal USB 2.0 ports.

So, there is only one solution: Don't use the internal USB 2.0 headers!!!

I have now bought the following PCIe card:

EX-11057 PCIe USB 2.0

https://www.exsys-shop.de/shopware/de/kategorien/usb-produkte/493/usb-2.0-pcie-karte-mit-3-internen-ports-inkl.-lp-buegel-nec

For all those who care about the look in the computer: Unfortunately, the card does not have a black layout. However, this is probably of secondary importance here. If it still bothers you, you can at least cover the slot bracket with black foil.

Since the installation of the EX-11057, my USB disconnects have been a thing of the past for a few hours now. I'm so happy about it!

So, it could be a solution for everyone with the same problem.

Edited 28 minutes ago by CoolWater

• 4 weeks later...

I assembled a new system. However, when I plug the MM800 or ST 100 into the system, the problem I mentioned occurs approximately every 20-30 minutes.

Also, I discovered something like this. If I plug the mousepad into the USB output of my K100 keyboard, the keyboard lights go off. If I plug it into the motherboard, all fans and pump light go off.

There is no problem when iCUE is turned off. 

The system currently has 7 fans, 1 pump, 1 keyboard, 1 mouse and 1 headset connected. Additionally, when I plug in the headphone stand or mousepad, I hear USB connection sounds every 30 minutes and the lights flicker on and off.

Cpu ryzen 7800x3d
Gpu asus rog strix 4080
Mb asus rog strix x670e-e

Hello, I believe the issue in the video is related to a USB 2.0 header problem?

My system specs are:
Aorus X470
R7 5800X
TUF 6800XT
G.Skill 3600 MHz RAM

Can I solve this issue with this cable? There's an available USB 3.0 header on the motherboard.
https://www.n11.com/urun/5026-9-pin-usb-20-disi-19-pin-usb-30-erkek-cevirici-donusturucu-45261565?magaza=evaletim

Edited by Aranel Ciryatan

• 3 weeks later...

When I plug the MM800 into the motherboard or K100 keyboard, the problem I mentioned occurs approximately every 30-50 minutes.

Also, I discovered something like this. If I plug the mousepad into the USB output of my K100 keyboard, the keyboard lights go off. If I plug it into the motherboard, all fans and pump light go off.

The system currently has 7 fans, 1 pump, 1 keyboard, 1 mouse and 1 headset connected. Additionally, when I plug in the mousepad, I hear USB connection sounds every 30-50 minutes and the lights flicker on and off.

• 2 weeks later...

put everything on corsair powered usb hub

disabled c-state

changed pcie lane from auto to 3

nothing fixed the issue of disconnecting and reconnecting. every single usb freezes for 10 seconds and comes back again. 

occasionally BSOD.

This has been going on for two months on a brand new build since the getgo. 

help