Corsair Community

Corsair K95 Severe Lighting Lag/Freeze

Ever since upgrading my MacOS to Big Sur, the lighting effects on my K95 keyboard severely lag or freeze altogether. All inputs are still accepted and macro keys appear to be working, but the lighting just doesn't look good at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling iCue and have recreated my profiles from the ground up, but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Furthermore, I can't save any profiles to the onboard memory. I get an error every time saying that the keyboard has been disconnected even though it clearly hasn't.

Can anyone help with this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hi Naturamus,

Unfortunately iCUE isn't yet compatible with Big Sur, which could be part of the problem. If the issue is happening with iCUE running, that very much implies the former. However, if you're having issues with the hardware lighting profiles, we might need to look at performing a firmware update on the device. Go ahead and open up a ticket with support here, and include a photograph of the rear information panel on your keyboard so we can ensure to send the correct firmware files.

• 1 month later...