Corsair Community

iCue Fan's Disappearing and Reappearing

TophTalks

I have two NVME's with windows installed on them. The older one has iCue and everything is working just fine.

The newer windows install has iCue running and I can't configure the fan profiles correctly because it keeps losing a connection to the fans, hydro x pump etc. The Performance tab pops into existence and then out of existence.

Since everything is rock solid when I boot to the other NVME I know it's not a hardware issue. Instead it's some kind of USB communication problem I'd guess?

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? I was about to (painfully) install windows again on the new NVME, just after getting everything setup, to try to fix this problem.

I was using the same that were on the older windows install. I went to AMD directly and downloaded a newer set than Gigabyte offers without any change.

Oh and I did a uninstall and delete of user files with a reinstall of iCue.

No other USB devices are having problems.

Close out whatever other monitoring program you are running. Another program polling a Corsair device at the same time CUE is attempting to communicate with it will cause weird issues. The disappearing Performance tab UI element is a classic sign. AIDA and HWiNFO are common programs that present this issue. It is possible to run them both by precluding the other program from accessing Corsair internal devices. HWiNFO gives you a specific warning when you start it about this and offers to disable monitoring of the Corsair devices.

After you quit the other program, you will need to restart the Corsair service. A system restart will work for this as well.

Close out whatever other monitoring program you are running. Another program polling a Corsair device at the same time CUE is attempting to communicate with it will cause weird issues. The disappearing Performance tab UI element is a classic sign. AIDA and HWiNFO are common programs that present this issue. It is possible to run them both by precluding the other program from accessing Corsair internal devices. HWiNFO gives you a specific warning when you start it about this and offers to disable monitoring of the Corsair devices.

After you quit the other program, you will need to restart the Corsair service. A system restart will work for this as well.

Oh damn, that was totally it! Thank you so much! That was going to drive me absolutely crazy. I'll have to play with pulling in the Corsair power supply data into the Elgato Stream Deck with some other method than HWiNFO.