Corsair Community

Request: iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX - Lower RPM (< 2000 RPM) for Quiet Profile via Firmware

I just "upgraded" my system with 4 QL fans and the h100i capellix. After 30 Minutes of using my Computer now i got very bad headaches from this pump noise. after seeing this thread iam so dissapointed.. i "upgraded" from a 70€

liquid freezer 2 to the 180€ capellix, i cant believe this is actually happening. my system looks good now, icue software is easy to use.. but this noise.. i dont know what to do..

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by akschu

• Corsair Employee
I just "upgraded" my system with 4 QL fans and the h100i capellix. After 30 Minutes of using my Computer now i got very bad headaches from this pump noise. after seeing this thread iam so dissapointed.. i "upgraded" from a 70€

liquid freezer 2 to the 180€ capellix, i cant believe this is actually happening. my system looks good now, icue software is easy to use.. but this noise.. i dont know what to do..

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. I already responded to your Reddit post, so if you have already created a ticket there is no need to make another, but if you see this post first, please https://www.corsair.com/support?_ga=2.187276206.725638132.1618251079-1006432413.1609969582 for me, and message me here, or on Reddit with your ticket number, I would like to look into this further with you. Thank you

Edited by Corsair Travis

115i here. I am complaining about the same problem. Very frustrating. Please set this to 1800 rpm with firmware update. I'm sure you can. Let's not have to return!

Disassemble the water cooler, because they will not come with an update to 1900 tprm for the pump, Corsair will soon just come with a new water cooler, mine has already been released, and I went back to air cooling, and can you mention what a relief when you distract from the mosquito sound, he is on your mind

Most of all I do not understand the attitude of CORSAIR. It is a company with many years of experience that is trying to compete to become a premium.

They release a product and get feedback from their users on that thread "WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH POMP NOISE". Users describe the problem clearly.

A CORSAIR employee replies that he is sorry and asks to set up an RMA.

Don't write as if it was a single fault that you easily take on an RMA.

it is a FACTORY DEFECT OF DESIGN. FEATURE OF THIS PRODUCT.

I ordered a second, same new H150i Capellix for testing. It was just the same.

I can't believe you can fix it!

Write something specific - technical! Communicate precisely with people through this forum. The question is: WILL YOU EXPEND AN UPDATE THAT WILL REDUCE THE PUMP SPEED TO 1000-1200 RPM? If not - why? Do not write back that you are sorry, just write details!

• Corsair Employee
Most of all I do not understand the attitude of CORSAIR. It is a company with many years of experience that is trying to compete to become a premium.

They release a product and get feedback from their users on that thread "WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH POMP NOISE". Users describe the problem clearly.

A CORSAIR employee replies that he is sorry and asks to set up an RMA.

Don't write as if it was a single fault that you easily take on an RMA.

it is a FACTORY DEFECT OF DESIGN. FEATURE OF THIS PRODUCT.

I ordered a second, same new H150i Capellix for testing. It was just the same.

I can't believe you can fix it!

Write something specific - technical! Communicate precisely with people through this forum. The question is: WILL YOU EXPEND AN UPDATE THAT WILL REDUCE THE PUMP SPEED TO 1000-1200 RPM? If not - why? Do not write back that you are sorry, just write details!

The pump must go at that speed, otherwise, the pump can not overcome the resistance of the loop. Additionally, the pump will get louder. I requested the previous user to contact us for RMA so that I could get the unit into our lab for testing.

Do you have an open ticket you could private message me? I can look into your issue as well.

The pump must go at that speed, otherwise, the pump can not overcome the resistance of the loop. Additionally, the pump will get louder. I requested the previous user to contact us for RMA so that I could get the unit into our lab for testing.

Do you have an open ticket you could private message me? I can look into your issue as well.

So the noise is inherent in the pump design and the RPM cannot be lowered because at lower speed the pump cannot overcome the resistance of the loop. Also, the pump gets louder at lower RPM?? It seems to me that these issues constitute a fundamental design flaw in the pump. Other AIO pumps can run at much lower speeds and they can overcome loops that should have very similar resistance. This pump, for whatever reason, needs to run at a higher RPM to overcome the resistance of the loop, but emits this annoying high pitched sound at higher RPM. Hence the problem.

Liability comes down to does the product operate within published spec or not. Unfortunately Corsair does not provide much of a spec. The spec on their site says Noise Level is 10-37 dBA. While it does specify A-weighting, it does not include a frequency range or at what distance this noise level was measured. 27db is also a huge range considering every 3db is twice the acoustic noise level. If the product does not meet the spec it should be recalled, or refunds/rebates given - some sort of consideration. If no one can prove that the product does not meet spec because the spec is too vague to be certifiable, then there is no clear liability. So its just a mess.

One has to wonder how no one at Corsair noticed this in any of the product validation. I also read half a dozen reviews and and only one of them even mentioned the pump noise. I thought maybe it was just a bad run, and most people had no problem, and the ones that did posted about it here. Maybe they do all do it, and either Corsair didn't notice it or didn't consider it a problem. To be fair, most reviewers did not notice it. It will be interesting to see what Corsair ultimately does about this. It is their premier, super-duper RGB infused AIO pump. Oops.

Corsair H115i Platinum also using new coolit pump and its RPM changed with software update?

Btw i got another firmware update yesterday. Normally i was using 1200rpm fan speed and balanced pump profile to get over high pitched pump noise. Now its changed. Now quiet is quiet the one :) RPMs look same on icue software btw. i have no idea what they changed.

İ bet my life dropping 2k rpm from 2.2 would not stop system working or harm anything and i wish we had an option to lower rpm just to see whats perfect rpm for quiet system.

Make a button which sets lower rpm with a out of warranty warning. ill click that button np:) coz the noise that annoying

• Corsair Employee
So the noise is inherent in the pump design and the RPM cannot be lowered because at lower speed the pump cannot overcome the resistance of the loop. Also, the pump gets louder at lower RPM?? It seems to me that these issues constitute a fundamental design flaw in the pump. Other AIO pumps can run at much lower speeds and they can overcome loops that should have very similar resistance. This pump, for whatever reason, needs to run at a higher RPM to overcome the resistance of the loop, but emits this annoying high pitched sound at higher RPM. Hence the problem.

Liability comes down to does the product operate within published spec or not. Unfortunately Corsair does not provide much of a spec. The spec on their site says Noise Level is 10-37 dBA. While it does specify A-weighting, it does not include a frequency range or at what distance this noise level was measured. 27db is also a huge range considering every 3db is twice the acoustic noise level. If the product does not meet the spec it should be recalled, or refunds/rebates given - some sort of consideration. If no one can prove that the product does not meet spec because the spec is too vague to be certifiable, then there is no clear liability. So its just a mess.

One has to wonder how no one at Corsair noticed this in any of the product validation. I also read half a dozen reviews and and only one of them even mentioned the pump noise. I thought maybe it was just a bad run, and most people had no problem, and the ones that did posted about it here. Maybe they do all do it, and either Corsair didn't notice it or didn't consider it a problem. To be fair, most reviewers did not notice it. It will be interesting to see what Corsair ultimately does about this. It is their premier, super-duper RGB infused AIO pump. Oops.

We are looking into the issue. I can say that the personal unit I have has ran open air for months and I can not hear it.

We are looking into the issue. I can say that the personal unit I have has ran open air for months and I can not hear it.

Can you take a video, and show it to us. That would be helpful. Please include all 3 pump speeds and turn off your other fans. I am sure you are using all latest Corsair products so it should be easy to do using Icue.

There are a lot of complaints regarding Coolit pump on the net including the capellix. I don’t think this many people would complain if the pump is truly silent especially if you are running open bench.

If it really is defective some of us can submit for RMA.

I really don’t think a pump running at 2300 rpm can be silent.

Edited by cavemankr

Can you take a video, and show it to us. That would be helpful. Please include all 3 pump speeds and turn off your other fans. I am sure you are using all latest Corsair products so it should be easy to do using Icue.

There are a lot of complaints regarding Coolit pump on the net including the capellix. I don’t think this many people would complain if the pump is truly silent especially if you are running open bench.

If it really is defective some of us can submit for RMA.

I really don’t think a pump running at 2300 rpm can be silent.

Fully agreed! Make a video with proper sound quality (besides, there are at least a few user videos in this thread).

I have 5000D - new Corsair case (glassed) and I hear the pump so ...

Sounds like you are saying not all elite capellix units make the crazy whiny sound?

That would mean that every single person here experiencing the "death whine" should RMA their unit and get one that is quiet. I would LOVE one of these that does not make this crazy sound that drives me nuts.

Saying "I can not hear it" on your open test bench rig is pretty subjective and does not really prove anything or solve anyone's problem. You can't hear it with fans running or without? Before or after you cleaned your ears? It's totally subjective. Again, it really comes down to does the product perform within spec or not? Unfortunately, the only spec I could find (on the Corsair site) says 10 -37 dBA. Without context this really does not mean much. First, 10 - 37dBA is a HUGE range considering that every 3dB is a doubling of the sound pressure level. Second, there are no test parameters listed. 10 - 37dBA measured from where? with what? and under what ambient noise conditions? All this spec says is here is a huge range and its A-weighted, which in this case would not make any difference anyway since A-weighting just filters out low frequencies starting at -3.2dB at 500Hz. Since the spec is basically meaningless, there is really no way to tell whether the pump noise is in spec or not. Seems like Corsair just fudged these numbers and probably never actually did proper noise measurements, in an anechoic chamber, with a calibrated measurement device. So your spec is "I can't hear it so it's fine"? Is that what we are supposed to take away from this comment?

Saying "I can not hear it" on your open test bench rig is pretty subjective and does not really prove anything or solve anyone's problem. You can't hear it with fans running or without? Before or after you cleaned your ears? It's totally subjective. Again, it really comes down to does the product perform within spec or not? Unfortunately, the only spec I could find (on the Corsair site) says 10 -37 dBA. Without context this really does not mean much. First, 10 - 37dBA is a HUGE range considering that every 3dB is a doubling of the sound pressure level. Second, there are no test parameters listed. 10 - 37dBA measured from where? with what? and under what ambient noise conditions? All this spec says is here is a huge range and its A-weighted, which in this case would not make any difference anyway since A-weighting just filters out low frequencies starting at -3.2dB at 500Hz. Since the spec is basically meaningless, there is really no way to tell whether the pump noise is in spec or not. Seems like Corsair just fudged these numbers and probably never actually did proper noise measurements, in an anechoic chamber, with a calibrated measurement device. So your spec is "I can't hear it so it's fine"? Is that what we are supposed to take away from this comment?

The other thing that’s interesting is that no reviewer mentioned the pump noise. :sigh!:

• Like 1

I've recently built a gaming rig full of Corsair components and equipped the rig with the Elite Capellix h115i and mine has a humming/buzz noise coming from the pump. I have to put mine on extreme because it's higher pitch and less noticeable.

My friend has the Hydro Platinum RGB h115i and is much more quieter than mine. I was tempted to change mine to Hydro Platinum RGB but why do I need to downgrade to have a less annoying cooler?

The Elite Capellix is definitely capable of running at less than 2000 RPM because I've tried it using Argus (https://www.argusmonitor.com) and is a lot more quieter, but I shouldn't have to run another program to achieve this.

Try the above software and see for yourself.

A firmware update is definitely do-able but will Corsair do it?

• 2 weeks later...
I've recently built a gaming rig full of Corsair components and equipped the rig with the Elite Capellix h115i and mine has a humming/buzz noise coming from the pump. I have to put mine on extreme because it's higher pitch and less noticeable.

My friend has the Hydro Platinum RGB h115i and is much more quieter than mine. I was tempted to change mine to Hydro Platinum RGB but why do I need to downgrade to have a less annoying cooler?

The Elite Capellix is definitely capable of running at less than 2000 RPM because I've tried it using Argus (https://www.argusmonitor.com) and is a lot more quieter, but I shouldn't have to run another program to achieve this.

Try the above software and see for yourself.

A firmware update is definitely do-able but will Corsair do it?

I could not control the pump speed of the H115i Elite with the Argus monitor software you mentioned. How did you do it?

I just installed it. As soon as I did, I noticed the sound. There's really a buzz in this Cappelix AIO. Louder than the obvious Elite Cappelix, even when I compare it to an AIO with my old 3-year entry-level worn-out cooling.

Please extract a firmware. Users seem to need it.

I signed up specifically to post on this topic. To say the humming noise is annoying is an understatement. I would love to keep it as I like the looks and performance, but after reading the responses from support in this thread I have already ordered an EK AIO Elite.

I could not control the pump speed of the H115i Elite with the Argus monitor software you mentioned. How did you do it?

I just installed it. As soon as I did, I noticed the sound. There's really a buzz in this Cappelix AIO. Louder than the obvious Elite Cappelix, even when I compare it to an AIO with my old 3-year entry-level worn-out cooling.

Please extract a firmware. Users seem to need it.

Make sure you have the most recent version of Argus. Menu --> Stability --> check "Corsair AIO and fan controller support"

Then go to Menu --> Mainboard / Fans. From the dropdown in the upper left, select Corsair. Then check the box next to "show"

edit -make sure iCue is completely closed and/or uninstalled. You can't have both running at the same time. You will lose RGB control.

Hello,

New on the forum, i found this post as my H100i Elite capellix pump on quiet mode at 2280RPM makes a crazy whining noise,

The Fans are not faulty as i tested with all my fans at zero RPM

Is the issue being addressed or shall i return the H100i before the return windows closes?

Make sure you have the most recent version of Argus. Menu --> Stability --> check "Corsair AIO and fan controller support"

Then go to Menu --> Mainboard / Fans. From the dropdown in the upper left, select Corsair. Then check the box next to "show"

edit -make sure iCue is completely closed and/or uninstalled. You can't have both running at the same time. You will lose RGB control.

Comander Core does not appear in Argus software. Commander Pro only appears. On the official site, Commander Core is not included in the support list. I cannot control the pump as the Commander Core is not visible. I can only control fans connected to the Commander Pro

The other thing that’s interesting is that no reviewer mentioned the pump noise. :sigh!:

I read half a dozen reviews and only one of them mentioned the pump noise. That is why I was thinking (hoping) that there was a bad run of pumps and the people who got them were posting here while the people who got one that is not noisy did not post here, making it look like they all have this noise problem when really its just a bad run. As time went on, and this thread got longer, it became clear to me that this pump has a fundamental design flaw and Corsair cannot or will not fix it.

Corsair Travis stated that they cannot lower the pump rpm because at lower RPM the pump cannot overcome loop resistance. If this is true, then the pump has a design flaw. Then he said that he has one running in an open air rig and he can't hear it. I am not sure what this comment was supposed to accomplish. It is clear to me now that Corsair's top of the line Elite Capellix AIO pumps have a noise problem that Corsair has no intention of admitting to and no intention of doing anything about. It's a shame because I really like the looks of the product. I ended up buying a Fractal AIO with Corsair fans, and Aquacomputer for all fan and RGB control.

i bought the H150i ELITE Capelix and i've got the same issue ! the only noise i ear from my build is that Pump :(

so easy to fix it with a FW update even if ASETEK pump inside !

by luck, i may retuirn it before end of the week.

Fully agreed! Make a video with proper sound quality (besides, there are at least a few user videos in this thread).

I have 5000D - new Corsair case (glassed) and I hear the pump so ...

there's a big issue with the pump and that's it! they will keep silent the ones who said this pump is noise as ***** and my worse upgrade ever! Only noise come from my pc even when gaming is the noise of the pump!! my review for the pump on amazon is clear! AVOID Capellix AIO if you looking for silent machine