Corsair Community

Request: iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX - Lower RPM (< 2000 RPM) for Quiet Profile via Firmware

• Corsair Employee
I signed up specifically for this forum to ask a question about why my new H150i pump is so loud, even in quiet mode, and stumbled across this thread.

It's too loud, Corsair! This isn't bubble noises or a hardware fault, it's simply the sound of the pump. I have 7 fans in my chassis running on quiet, and all I can hear is the pump which is also set to quiet. It's extremely distracting. Is there likely to be a firmware update to fix this, or should I swap it for something else?

Could you please submit a ticket and private message me with your ticket number? I will personally look into this issue for you.

Hi, I will submit a ticket. The pump is working exactly as intended with no rattling, bubbles or faults. However the "quiet" RPM of 2200k is far too high and produces a constant whine. As reported by many users in this thread and elsewhere. Either you need to formally report that this RPM will never be lowered via firmware update so we can return our devices, or confirm a fix is coming so we can hold on for the FW update.

It's the same sound you can hear by looking at the many reports of the issue on this forum, reddit, youtube etc. It's baffling that Corsair has included a zero RPM fan mode and then locked the pump to an audibly high RPM which produces a constant grating whining sound. I can even play a tune with it if I ramp the RPM up and down.

[ame]

[/ame]

• Corsair Employee
Hi, I will submit a ticket. The pump is working exactly as intended with no rattling, bubbles or faults. However the "quiet" RPM of 2200k is far too high and produces a constant whine. As reported by many users in this thread and elsewhere. Either you need to formally report that this RPM will never be lowered via firmware update so we can return our devices, or confirm a fix is coming so we can hold on for the FW update.

It's the same sound you can hear by looking at the many reports of the issue on this forum, reddit, youtube etc. It's baffling that Corsair has included a zero RPM fan mode and then locked the pump to an audibly high RPM which produces a constant grating whining sound. I can even play a tune with it if I ramp the RPM up and down.

I didn't see your post before replying to your ticket. Could you please post this video to your ticket with the other information requested? Thank you!

I didn't see your post before replying to your ticket. Could you please post this video to your ticket with the other information requested? Thank you!

Yeah don't understand why there is no update, it is the same pump as the 100i platinum from Coolit, and they did put it back to 1950 tprm, so they knew when designing this new one that the pump was making noise , why not make it on 1950 tprm, we had not had this problem, as soon as another one comes it goes out immediately, but yes it has cost me a lot of sweat to make it a bit quieter with rubber rings ... etc ... but you still hear it well present, it is a nice water cooler, but yes what do you go for, for the most beautiful or for the quietest, sorry but it is a thing in sound, design it is the most beautiful

• Confused 1

• Corsair Employee
Yeah don't understand why there is no update, it is the same pump as the 100i platinum from Coolit, and they did put it back to 1950 tprm, so they knew when designing this new one that the pump was making noise , why not make it on 1950 tprm, we had not had this problem, as soon as another one comes it goes out immediately, but yes it has cost me a lot of sweat to make it a bit quieter with rubber rings ... etc ... but you still hear it well present, it is a nice water cooler, but yes what do you go for, for the most beautiful or for the quietest, sorry but it is a thing in sound, design it is the most beautiful

I am sorry to hear that. Do you have a video showing what's happening, or could you make a video?

Just to mirror the sentiment - I tried making a video but my phone mic refuses to pick anything up. The video freelookuk posted is exactly the same as mine though, loud as hell.

An offiicial word on firmware updates for RPM control for the Capellix pumps would be great. Had three months of this droning sound now. :|

Just to mirror the sentiment - I tried making a video but my phone mic refuses to pick anything up. The video freelookuk posted is exactly the same as mine though, loud as hell.

An offiicial word on firmware updates for RPM control for the Capellix pumps would be great. Had three months of this droning sound now. :|

Had my H150i EC since 3 days and it's the same. Last week i found a new CPU Cooler Video on youtube. My Question in the comment "Why is Corsair not at this comparison?". Answer from the Channel: BECAUSE IT'S TOO LOUD...

That says al lot!!!:confused:

I just make a new setup (11900K, Z590) and A LOT OF CORSAIR STUFF (5000X, 32GB Vengence Pro, K70MK.2+Nexus, RM1000W, Comander Pro, few QL120) and CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 360 MM [CW9060048WW]. I`m TOTALLY disappointed with the noise level of this AIO. At first I thought it was squeaky coils on the motherboard, but then I realize that the pump is causing problems. I have read this entire thread and I am most disappointed the response of CORSAIR employees. 11 pages of a thread where people write the same conclusions 2300 rpm = BIG NOISE and nothing is done about it. Previously, I had 115i and the work culture was great. Unfortunately, I have to seriously consider whether such investment in equipment without support makes sense. I will change this H150i Cappelix to the NZXT KRAKEN Z73 for a test. If things go well in the future, I will switch to their products.

I just make a new setup (11900K, Z590) and A LOT OF CORSAIR STUFF (5000X, 32GB Vengence Pro, K70MK.2+Nexus, RM1000W, Comander Pro, few QL120) and CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 360 MM [CW9060048WW]. I`m TOTALLY disappointed with the noise level of this AIO. At first I thought it was squeaky coils on the motherboard, but then I realize that the pump is causing problems. I have read this entire thread and I am most disappointed the response of CORSAIR employees. 11 pages of a thread where people write the same conclusions 2300 rpm = BIG NOISE and nothing is done about it. Previously, I had 115i and the work culture was great. Unfortunately, I have to seriously consider whether such investment in equipment without support makes sense. I will change this H150i Cappelix to the NZXT KRAKEN Z73 for a test. If things go well in the future, I will switch to their products.

Corsair just act like their noses bleed, and let us sit in the sound of the pump, and just bring out another new water cooler, but for me no more corsair, get rid of that junk, they should have known, the 100i platinum has the same pump, but is controlled by the software, this pump is controlled by the commander and I think it is fixed, so we are left with the problem, they themselves are not of course

Hi Corsair.

I'm having the same extremely annoying issue. The pump whines constantly and it causes me a headache after a while. This is not a quiet mode at all.

I bought it as the latest and greatest model and I'm very disappointed.

Here is a video (same as everyone else's) with all fans disabled (they are silent anyway) other than the pump.

Sorry for the loud voice and the low video quality. My mobile managed to capture the sound a little bit, but the pump sounds worse in real life and everyday use.

[ame]

[/ame]

Please give me an official answer. Are you going to fix this with a firmware update or not?

I need to know so either I keep it or send it back and buy a Lian-Li Galahand (along with all the Unifan eco-system, as I will have to change all the RGB fans setup).

I bought it as an RGB fan solution to my system as well and it is very pretty, but if I have to return it, I'll need to change all the RGB ecosystem as well.

We need an official answer, this is has been going on for too long!

Edited by Thanos_d

Hi Corsair.

I'm having the same extremely annoying issue. The pump whines constantly and it causes me a headache after a while. This is not a quiet mode at all.

I bought it as the latest and greatest model and I'm very disappointed.

Here is a video (same as everyone else's) with all fans disabled (they are silent anyway) other than the pump.

Sorry for the loud voice and the low video quality. My mobile captures the sound a little bit, although the pump sounds worst in real life and everyday use.

Please give me an official answer. Are you going to fix this with a firmware update or not?

I need to know so either I keep it or send it back and buy a Lian-Li Galahand (along with all the Unifan eco-system, as I will have to change all the RGB fans setup).

I bought it as an RGB fan solution to my system as well and it is very pretty, but if I have to return it, I'll need to change all the RGB ecosystem as well.

We need an official answer, this is gone too much!

Cannot be fixed is hardwired, you will have to accept the sound, returned mine, no more corsair for me unfortunately, they do nothing with these messages

Will you? I'm thinking of ditching my Capellix due to the sound as well, but surely ICUE will still work to control the other case fans? Are there issues mixing RGB/Fan control vendors?

I use the included fan/rgb controller to handle all other fans with one connection and software.

If I change my AIO, I want to handle them altogether from LianLi's software. Having 2 vendors and try to sync them is a mess and I do not want to deal with that.

Will you? I'm thinking of ditching my Capellix due to the sound as well, but surely ICUE will still work to control the other case fans? Are there issues mixing RGB/Fan control vendors?

I signed up for this forum specifically for this issue. I've built several computers over the last 12 months, all with various AIOs. My Nephew wanted to go the Corsair route, so I set him up with the 220T case and this Capellix AIO. I ordered from Amazon and am an avid review-reader. Not one single review mentioned this ridiculous minimum pump speed of 2200 rpms and the annoying sound associated with it. Maybe Corsair scrubs the Amazon reviews or something. Once I heard this sound and realized I couldn't adjust it any lower with iCue, I did a google search specifically about pump noise and all of these forum posts came up. There is a way to lower the pump speed with Argus, but then you lose all of the iCue lighting control. Since Argus can lower the speed, that means iCue could be set up to do the same.

Please make this happen. If not, it's getting returned and I'll stick with NZXT or pretty much any other AIO for all future builds, and I build a lot for people.

• Like 1

Thanks to this thread for highlighting the issue of the pump noise. I have seen one or two reviewers specifically mention the issue exists, but I honestly thought it was a software issue that could be resolved with a firmware update.

Very sad to see it was not fixed. Is the H115i Platinum range any better? I believe it does not have the same pump speed settings even though it uses the same pump?

I signed up for this forum specifically for this issue. I've built several computers over the last 12 months, all with various AIOs. My Nephew wanted to go the Corsair route, so I set him up with the 220T case and this Capellix AIO. I ordered from Amazon and am an avid review-reader. Not one single review mentioned this ridiculous minimum pump speed of 2200 rpms and the annoying sound associated with it. Maybe Corsair scrubs the Amazon reviews or something. Once I heard this sound and realized I couldn't adjust it any lower with iCue, I did a google search specifically about pump noise and all of these forum posts came up. There is a way to lower the pump speed with Argus, but then you lose all of the iCue lighting control. Since Argus can lower the speed, that means iCue could be set up to do the same.

Please make this happen. If not, it's getting returned and I'll stick with NZXT or pretty much any other AIO for all future builds, and I build a lot for people.

So it is possible to lower the pump speed using software! Okay Corsair, ball is in your court now.

Just received my icue elite capellix h150i this afternoon and used it to replace the bundled fan coming with my Ryzen 9... the level of noise increased dramatically and, considering I spent lots of money on something supposed to upgrade my build, the overall situation is simply embarrassing...

It’s clear Corsair does not test this product in a noise normalized environment nor do they compare DB levels versus their other pumps and competitor products. Maybe their testing isn’t about noise it’s about “does it work”.

That’s really too bad. Personally on Quiet I usually don’t hear it but still there is really no excuse for the “whine” this pump produces.

I use the included fan/rgb controller to handle all other fans with one connection and software.

If I change my AIO, I want to handle them altogether from LianLi's software. Having 2 vendors and try to sync them is a mess and I do not want to deal with that.

Ah fair enough, yeah configuring two vendor applications for RGB sounds like a nightmare.

I have 8 corsair fans in my case, so the idea of doing a complete switch sounds a bit untenable to me. :) I'm thinking if I change my AIO to a quieter one, I'll leave the Commander Core+Pro in the mix and try to bolt the current Corsair fans to the new radiator . Not sure how wise that is though (or if iCUE will throw a tantrum), haha.

Seems like PC cooling tech could do with a bit more standardisation and less of the proprietary nonsense to lock people into manufacturer ecosystems.

Is there any news about an update of this improbable disaster and inconvenience .. I am starting to think about getting rid of Corsair products

Nope, it's been almost half a year apparently. Just return it and move on to any of the other reputable coolers out there.

I was using corsair products before , like 400c case, ssd rm psu etc. I was happy with them. So i decided to go full corsair ecosystem.

Got 5000d airflow, plat dominator rams and h115i and waiting for fans- tkl keyboard etc.

Case is perfect except they put black fans in white themed case like they didnt care

Rams are perfect except they came in untouched new box but screws was loose and they dropped when i opened the box.

AIO cooler is perfect except it use a pump header cable like 1$ fake product and clearly no one did a test for pump speeds and noise.

Users try to fix problem on a brand new product. Ppl tried all different softwares aio positions, did research for pump brand etc. all that effort and only respond from semi official post is "we cant lower rpm coz hardware limit"

SO? How u gonna fix the problem?

Fake advertisement video shows 898 pump rpm on extreme mode.

Also some other AIOs using same pump and you can lower their speed?

Worst part is getting ignored.

If they don't care about this coz its another small thing...

My solution is: Set custom fan speed to 1200rpm and balanced pump speed which is 2400(lmao) so youll hear air conditioner ish sound instead angry mosquito noise coming from pump. + Don't but and don't let anyone buy corsair products ever again.

Every big tech company makes fail products. I dont have a problem with that.

Apple with the iphone 4 antenna problem. They came with the worst respond (holding phone differently) and cheapest solution (using with case). when there is no solution they give an option to return. (6s with battery problem). So at the end at least you knew they care about customers some way and theyre trying.

it looks like you don't care . if it goes like that, i wonder how long you can keep tricking kids with rgb scam.

I bought this cooler coz temps was lower than z73 on tests. which is true. + fans are amazing. All of these wasted coz some ppl in company didnt care about "small things"

i just love the adv:

LOW-NOISE CENTRIFUGAL PUMP

Delivers a flow rate of up to 0.82L/min while generating less than 20 dBA, for extreme cooling with low noise.

• Confused 1

• Corsair Employee
I was using corsair products before , like 400c case, ssd rm psu etc. I was happy with them. So i decided to go full corsair ecosystem.

Got 5000d airflow, plat dominator rams and h115i and waiting for fans- tkl keyboard etc.

Case is perfect except they put black fans in white themed case like they didnt care

Rams are perfect except they came in untouched new box but screws was loose and they dropped when i opened the box.

AIO cooler is perfect except it use a pump header cable like 1$ fake product and clearly no one did a test for pump speeds and noise.

Users try to fix problem on a brand new product. Ppl tried all different softwares aio positions, did research for pump brand etc. all that effort and only respond from semi official post is "we cant lower rpm coz hardware limit"

SO? How u gonna fix the problem?

Fake advertisement video shows 898 pump rpm on extreme mode.

Also some other AIOs using same pump and you can lower their speed?

Worst part is getting ignored.

If they don't care about this coz its another small thing...

My solution is: Set custom fan speed to 1200rpm and balanced pump speed which is 2400(lmao) so youll hear air conditioner ish sound instead angry mosquito noise coming from pump. + Don't but and don't let anyone buy corsair products ever again.

Every big tech company makes fail products. I dont have a problem with that.

Apple with the iphone 4 antenna problem. They came with the worst respond (holding phone differently) and cheapest solution (using with case). when there is no solution they give an option to return. (6s with battery problem). So at the end at least you knew they care about customers some way and theyre trying.

it looks like you don't care . if it goes like that, i wonder how long you can keep tricking kids with rgb scam.

I bought this cooler coz temps was lower than z73 on tests. which is true. + fans are amazing. All of these wasted coz some ppl in company didnt care about "small things"

i just love the adv:

LOW-NOISE CENTRIFUGAL PUMP

Delivers a flow rate of up to 0.82L/min while generating less than 20 dBA, for extreme cooling with low noise.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Please create a ticket and private message me with your ticket number. I would like to look into this issue further.