Corsair Community

Request: iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX - Lower RPM (< 2000 RPM) for Quiet Profile via Firmware

57 minutes ago, t1971 said:

My pump noise has got louder at some point and is really annoying. Possibly when i changed to new AM4 mounting bracket? not sure. I guess there is there no fix for this from this last page. What the hack and is it safe?

hmm my config has % at 85 for balanced? no winder it was loud. Has something changed? I certainly didnt change it

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I found a workaround. Close iCUE. Go to C:\Users\Your User\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE4\cooling, double click configurations and open it with notepad. Press Ctrl + F to find, write extreme, and edit the first one that appears. Edit this line: <fixedPercents>100</fixedPercents>
Write the percentage you want and save the configurations file. Open iCUE and set the pump to Extreme. Automatically it will change to the percentage you wrote (For example: 85% is 2450rpm).
Cheers.

EDIT: I didn't read the whole post. So i don't know if someone provided this solution before.

Edited by Shinryuken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Shinryuken said:

Hi! I found a workaround. Close iCUE. Go to C:\Users\Your User\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE4\cooling, double click configurations and open it with notepad. Press Ctrl + F to find, write extreme, and edit the first one that appears. Edit this line: <fixedPercents>100</fixedPercents>
Write the percentage you want and save the configurations file. Open iCUE and set the pump to Extreme. Automatically it will change to the percentage you wrote (For example: 85% is 2450rpm).
Cheers.

EDIT: I didn't read the whole post. So i don't know if someone provided this solution before.

I did

58 minutes ago, FireWarner said:

I did

I keep it on balanced. Do you think that is the sound of this pump? I don't think that all the Capellix and Platinum are faulty. They say it's a centrifuge pump and the sound is normal. Any thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Shinryuken said:

I keep it on balanced. Do you think that is the sound of this pump? I don't think that all the Capellix and Platinum are faulty. They say it's a centrifuge pump and the sound is normal. Any thoughts?

I changed my settings half a year ago.. its exact the same method. Welke done finding out💪🏻

18 minutes ago, FireWarner said:

I changed my settings half a year ago.. its exact the same method. Welke done finding out💪🏻

Great. Question: the pump was fabricated that way? The humming sound is normal? Do you still have the same cooler?

14 hours ago, Shinryuken said:

Great. Question: the pump was fabricated that way? The humming sound is normal? Do you still have the same cooler?

Yes.. i still haver the same cooler. It seems to be normal but i modded the settings like half a year ago. I got used to what the sound is right now..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FireWarner said:

Yes.. i still haver the same cooler. It seems to be normal but i modded the settings like half a year ago. I got used to what the sound is right now..

Any issues with temps? I read somewhere that it has a Coolit pump instead of an Asetek one like older models. The design is different and it's a centrifuge pump and that's why is so noisy. 

44 minutes ago, Shinryuken said:

Any issues with temps? I read somewhere that it has a Coolit pump instead of an Asetek one like older models. The design is different and it's a centrifuge pump and that's why is so noisy. 

Nope.. always amazing temps. Between 55 and 60C

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FireWarner said:

And the last question and im done. Does the pump make something like an startup sound when you turn the PC on? Like if the pump, for a second, ramps up to 100% and then goes to your applied percentage? Cheers.

43 minutes ago, FireWarner said:

Listen with cell phone (with speakers you can't listen it right).

2 hours ago, Shinryuken said:

All watercooling pumps, custom or AIO are centrifugal pumps. They work on the same principle, but the shape and size of the pump body and impeller varies obviously.

It's the coolit design more than the type of pump that seems to make it noisy. It has a bigger impeller than the older asetek, but asetek Gen7 and other coolers like the EK AIO have big impellers and aren't as noisy.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

All watercooling pumps, custom or AIO are centrifugal pumps. They work on the same principle, but the shape and size of the pump body and impeller varies obviously.

It's the coolit design more than the type of pump that seems to make it noisy. It has a bigger impeller than the older asetek, but asetek Gen7 and other coolers like the EK AIO have big impellers and aren't as noisy.

Then it's the design of the CoolIT unit? Only noise or problems ahead? Thanks!

you can't predict failures unless the design is absolutely horrendous ^^

It's just noise, maybe cavitation? just wild guesses at this point. But if Corsair says it's the pump design, then they can't do anything about it. And i imagine they can't either make their AIO pumps work outside of the OEM's specs which may be why they don't release that much requested feature to slow down.

At least they don't patch the workaround that has been found, so.. that's that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeDoyen said:

you can't predict failures unless the design is absolutely horrendous ^^

It's just noise, maybe cavitation? just wild guesses at this point. But if Corsair says it's the pump design, then they can't do anything about it. And i imagine they can't either make their AIO pumps work outside of the OEM's specs which may be why they don't release that much requested feature to slow down.

At least they don't patch the workaround that has been found, so.. that's that

Ok, then. Mine is brand new. So i guess it is how it works. Thanks for your time and answers.

so i just created a build with this h150i elite cooler

noticed it was preset to quiet mode 1400rpm, moved it to balanced to test it out it went to 2400rpm

moved it back to quiet and now its stuck at 2200rpm, is there anyway to get this thing back in the 1400's?

called corsair and it was no help, tried editing the config percentage in the %appdata% folder but it didnt work

On 7/13/2022 at 5:58 PM, Shinryuken said:

Cheers.

BRO WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD! This worked!!! i changed to 50 fixedpercents and its now at 1960RPM.  The noise is automatically better now doing google chrome.  Nice!  

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 3:14 PM, chrisD5 said:

setting extreme to 50% in the config file actually just brought me under 2000rpm's

Hi. You can set it to less %, i think. But 50% is the swertspot imo. For my personal experience, Capellix coolers are trash. I returned, switched to rgb pro xt with the LGA 1700 standoffs and it is just perfect. No noise, better thermals. Capellix Premium? Don't think so.

10 minutes ago, GenomeSoldier said:

BRO WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD! This worked!!! i changed to 50 fixedpercents and its now at 1960RPM.  The noise is automatically better now doing google chrome.  Nice!  

Hi. I'm glad this helped you. Cheers.

3 hours ago, Shinryuken said:

Hi. I'm glad this helped you. Cheers.

This is my first AIO. Bought it on sale for 140€.  It's a huge upgrade over my old air noctua cooler. Playing games at 50C not even moving from it it's huge. All the fans are silent too.   So the rgb pro is even better then this? OMG.  O...o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GenomeSoldier said:

This is my first AIO. Bought it on sale for 140€.  It's a huge upgrade over my old air noctua cooler. Playing games at 50C not even moving from it it's huge. All the fans are silent too.   So the rgb pro is even better then this? OMG.  O...o

Hi! I think it's a question of luck. If you are ok with temps, the pump is silent at 1950rpm (50%) and you are happy, that's the point. I read that some units are flawless (not entirely) and others don't, but the pump is always very noisy. I prefer the RGB PRO XT. Easy to install, much more silent, simple, and depending where you lives, cheaper. It's a  matter of preferences too. Cheers.

3 hours ago, Shinryuken said:

Hi! I think it's a question of luck. If you are ok with temps, the pump is silent at 1950rpm (50%) and you are happy, that's the point. I read that some units are flawless (not entirely) and others don't, but the pump is always very noisy. I prefer the RGB PRO XT. Easy to install, much more silent, simple, and depending where you lives, cheaper. It's a  matter of preferences too. Cheers.

Yeah the pump noise is not silent. but everything else is silent. fan's and everything.  With this tweak is even better. 

• Like 1

I just got my H115i Elite and I also had a loud pump, all modes were just grindy and loud.  I exchanged it through Amazon and the replacement is just fine.  I dont know if I did anything different.  I only used finger tight on the mounting screws and same pump orientation as the last time.  

I was going to be pretty upset if my Wife's $60 **Well Known Chinese Brand** 240mm AIO was not only quieter but just performing just as well as the Corsair.... infact it still gives me pause.