Corsair Community

Corsair RGB fans pro not lighting up at pc startup

MajLi

So, I recently bought a Corsair case, the Corsair 220t RGB (which is a great case) For my first build, after owning a gaming laptop. The case come with the LIGHTING NODE CORE with the 3 Corsair RGB Pro fans already plugged in. At first when i booted the system, the fan's LED did light up instantly or shortly after pressing the power button, but after a day the fan's LED no longer light up at startup, it needs to wait until i log into windows then it lights up. I tried several things like for example: Unpluging the usb cable from the Mobo, changing to the 2nd usb port, unpluging and repluging the sata power for the lighting node, i even did a bios update in case it was caused by something on the bios.

I found another person on this forum that had the same problem, the only difference is he have the Lighting Node PRO (i have the Lighting Node core as stated before) the difference is that the one that he own, Have a mini usb port, which pluging it to the I/O with a mini usb to usb cable solved his problem. Mine doesn't have that so i'm still stuck here without a solution, if anyone has solved this problem or know any solution, please don't hesitate to help me.

After all its not a major problem but, I'm still annoyed by it and i wanna solve it.

Sorry if my grammar is bad, english is not my first language.

In iCUE, go to the Lighting Node Core tab. Click on the Lighting (Channel) Tab to the left. As it expands, it should reveal a "Hardware Lighting" tab underneath. This is the lighting behavior for when iCUE is not running. You are limited to the presets and basic colors versus the endless combinations with software.

In iCUE, go to the Lighting Node Core tab. Click on the Lighting (Channel) Tab to the left. As it expands, it should reveal a "Hardware Lighting" tab underneath. This is the lighting behavior for when iCUE is not running. You are limited to the presets and basic colors versus the endless combinations with software.

@c-attack, Problem solved! And now it works like a charm, Thank you thank you kind sir!!

I was about to open my Desktop and switch some cables up on the lighting node core, but i decided to take a look at this thread first, i'm glad i did. Have a great day!

• 1 year later...
I'm having the same issue with my 220t case. the fans worked fine for 2 months but then one day the LEDs just stopped turning on at start up. i mean they dont light up at all but spin fine. also they just light up for half a second when i switch off my computer, exactly when the power led goes off. i have tried connecting to a different sata plug, changing the usb and updating the bios. nothings helps. at this point i have deleted the icue software because its of no use. i sometimes reinstall it but it and try tweaking with the lightning channels but nothing helpls. if anyone finds out the solution please let me know.

I'm having the same issue with my 220t case. the fans worked fine for 2 months but then one day the LEDs just stopped turning on at start up. i mean they dont light up at all but spin fine. also they just light up for half a second when i switch off my computer, exactly when the power led goes off. i have tried connecting to a different sata plug, changing the usb and updating the bios. nothings helps. at this point i have deleted the icue software because its of no use. i sometimes reinstall it but it and try tweaking with the lightning channels but nothing helpls. if anyone finds out the solution please let me know.

This is something very different and its not clear where the problem lies. You already have done the normal suggestions. I would contact Corsair Support. The software and hardware is not suppose to work that way.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue and I'm quite confused why all of a sudden it stopped working.

Context: I've been having this build since 2.5 years iCue and my fan lighting were working fine until today.
Yesterday I accidentally had to reset my Windows login password (I never had one before but now I'm stuck with it)
Since then (since this morning when I booted my computer) I only have 1 fan taking the colors from my iCue software.
They all spin, they all are detected, they still all have the preset on iCue but 5 of them don't want to use it and remain black.

I remember that sometimes on Startup it was happening that they would stay white but it was a temp issue and was working after a reboot, same with my keyboard, sometimes it's not detected good enough and dosn't want to light properly but a reboot or replug always worked.

Today it doesn't. I wanna emphasize that it was working fine before today, it seems like the new Windows startup extra authetification step is causing problems to iCue, do we know what I could do to help that?

f22e4cfb77.png

23579e031a.png

As you can see everything is set as it was before, I tried reseting it but nothing works.

I didn't reinstall iCue tho because I spent days and weeks to set it up nicelly and I feel like I will lose everything if I uninstall so it will be the last resort.

Thank you for any feedback

I am not sure how this relates to the other two posts and you probably need your own.  However, what you are showing us is mass of overlapping lighting effects for the 6 fans.  I assume some of those rainbows are applied to each fan individually, the top one you are showing us is turned off, and then there are a series of underlying lighting effect below that are being overwritten by the top rainbow layer.  It is impossible for any of us to interpret that from pictures.  If you want to check whether the fans or other lighting is working at all in the software mode, use a instant lighting color from the drop down menu.  That will cover over all those effects.  If only your first fan lights up, then you may have a physical problem with fan #2.  The fans are one long LED strip, so a physical problem at one fan will usually turn off the fans after it in the series.  

Any behavior before Windows and CUE loads is set by your hardware lighting (élcairage matériel).  You are limited to one basic pattern to be stored on the lighting controller.  The software effects cannot load until CUE does.

I don't see any reason to uninstall/reinstall CUE yet.  However, before doing so you should export any valuable lighting profiles.  If you have not done this recently, you should do it now.  Like any other backup, this might be the only way to get it back after a mishap.  

I did try to go to single light as you suggested before and it still lights up one fan.

The fans are not overlapping with effects, you have the option to select only one led to apply each effect which I did, every layer as a single group of leds selected that are not affected by other layers.
I honeslty don't think I'm having an issue with the fan as they workes perfectly for 2.5 years and were working fine yesterday everning before I had to reboot.
Only thing that changed was the way Windows booted which makes me think it's causing the issue. Probably on iCue side or Windows side.

It had some issues in common with the current thread which is why I went and ask my question here too.

Sorry for double post but tonight after work I'll restore a previous backup of my System and will let you know if it impacts the way iCue lights my fans compared to my current System.
I'm almost convinced it's related to iCue not allowed to read something over what Windows did when I had to modify the way my PC starts up.

Software effects cannot load until after CUE does. That’s usually a good 10-20 seconds after you make it to the desktop. Any login security measures are handled before that. There is not likely to be a connection, but you can further test that by quitting CUE on the desktop, restarting the App and click the restart services button from CUE settings (or quit the lot from the task manager and restart). 

When you quit CUE the lighting should drop into Hardware Mode and the lighting effects saved to the device. If you still have only one fan lit when you exit, then you are probably looking at a hardware problem on fan 1 or fan 2. You’ll need to test each one in the #1 slot to see which fan has the bad LED. The lighting is a series circuit for that controller and if one goes out, so will the fans after it. 

• 1 month later...