Corsair Community

Corsair HX1500i PSU Fan Question

I haven't seen the insides, but usually they use like molex picoblade connectors. I have never seen a PSU use standard PC fan connectors. too bulky.

Now, why changing a fan that will most likely never need to spin in the lifetime of the PSU is another question 🙂

49 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

I haven't seen the insides, but usually they use like molex picoblade connectors. I have never seen a PSU use standard PC fan connectors. too bulky.

Now, why changing a fan that will most likely never need to spin in the lifetime of the PSU is another question 🙂

Yeah I don't know but from the looks of the photos on the PSU, they're just a standard "transparent" Corsair 140mm fan, so I assume they're hot swappable.  I just need to know if I can hook it up to a Commander Core XT.

Same as above. I’d need to take it apart to see by I will be shocked if there is a standard PWM motherboard connector on the other end of the fan. Fan behavior is an integral part of the PSU functionality and it’s going to be wired into the board to do specific things in response to load and temp, plus usual safety features. I’d be concerned when you push the power button and the PSU does a fan check, it will fail to start because the other controller does not respond in time or the PSU detects “its fan” is no longer present. 

On 9/29/2023 at 6:17 AM, c-attack said:

Same as above. I’d need to take it apart to see by I will be shocked if there is a standard PWM motherboard connector on the other end of the fan. Fan behavior is an integral part of the PSU functionality and it’s going to be wired into the board to do specific things in response to load and temp, plus usual safety features. I’d be concerned when you push the power button and the PSU does a fan check, it will fail to start because the other controller does not respond in time or the PSU detects “its fan” is no longer present. 

That's a good point.  I probably won't get that PSU at the end of the day I'm planning on getting a 1200x Shift PSU from Corsair instead so I can get a black premium sleeving custom cables with it.  Since they don't work on the 1500i.  But thanks for the information.  I'm probably just not gonna bother cuz it's probably a waste of time if my case doesn't have a see through PSU window.