Corsair Community

Linux support

gardotd426

This is the last time I buy Corsair as I am moving completely out of Windows now., and with no support for Linux (just so you can keep MS happy), I wont be buying anything else Corsair - I currently have my Case, Mouse, and AIO. cooler, and headphones.

Also made an account for this.

Also own a few Corsair products. (I don't feel compelled to list them.)

Also would appreciate Linux support.

For those who are concerned that the software would have to be redeveloped for every distro out there, let me say this:

If a package was made for Debian, it would easily be compatible for a majority of Linux users. If that package was made for Arch as well (whether it was made by Corsair, or converted by someone from the .deb), you'd very quickly have iCUE working on 90% of the distros gamers out there use right now.

In fact, if you take a look at this graphic, which essentially shows Linux distro market share when it comes to gaming, you'll notice something interesting: Every distro on that list except for one is based either on Arch or Debian in some capacity. Pop_OS and Mint are even based on Ubuntu, which is also on the list and in turn is based on Debian. Fedora is the odd man out at 2.5%. The remaining distros are marginal enough not to be listed.

Please Corsair, help us out. If we've learned anything from the Nvidia/Linux war it's

A. The Linux community does have a large enough voice to be heard.

B. If you give us even a little bit, we'll take it and run with it. You wouldn't have to do that much work. There are plenty of open source devs out there who would gladly do most of the heavy-lifting.

gamer-share.png

Just sign up an account to +1 for this thread

Corsair has any plan for supporting Linux devices? We need an announcement

Otherwise this is the last time I buy stuff from Corsair, I mean any stuff.

I rather pay more for other company than buy from a company that didn't respect their customers. Consider the Linux community voice !

// For you guys, I tried openRGB and it worked on all my devices (h100i elite, ram, fan,..) though having some minor issue like led mode (ofcourse its OSS), and if a community can do that far for free, shame on you Corsair

Edited by mhhmm

I have a ton of iCue components on my Workstation including; H150i capellix, Nightsward RGB, 32GB of 3200MHz Vengence RGB Pro, Void Elite Wireless headset, CommanderPro connected to QL and other Corsair RGB fans, a K55 RGB keyboard and most recently a MM700 RGB Keyboar/mouse pad.  My Asus motherboard is also connected to my iCue on windows today.

I am switching to linux for many reasons but mostly due to my career is all in Linux managing many servers and more.  Would like to home computer and my gaming experience to all be in Linux.  It would be fantastic to get native Corsair iCue software ported to Linux.  I will certainly go through all of the OpenSource solutions for now.  Thanks for this thread.  I will be installing linux on a new MP600 XT Pro 2TB M.2 drive and dual boot for a while.  My main drive is a MP600XT 2TB M.2 drive running Windows10.

Oh, and to complete my Corsair Fan boy references all of my hardware is installed in a Corsair 465x case and powered by a RM750x PSU.  I have a LS100 kit ready to setup for additional lighting soon.  I hope to build active wallpaper as well using Wallpaper-engine and the tutorial from Corsair.

What Linux distros are best suited for the existing OpenSource solutions?  

Honestly, I'm baffled.

This thread is easily one of the largest on these forums and yet has no response from Corsair.

Not even a "We have no plans to support Linux at this time."

Just people warning they won't buy any more Corsair products, and then being ignored.

• Sad 1

They are busy in the 20+ pages threads about other products troubleshooting i believe 😛

I'm considering buying my first Vengeance PC. I love my M65 Pro mouse, Strafe MK.2, and Void headset. I use Ubuntu on my 2 main computers. However, my gaming machine still has Windows. With so much Linux support via Steam's Proton, one of the few things holding me back is the lack of full Linux support from Corsair. Please give us proper Linux support for ICUE.

Made an account just to show my desire iCUE support for Linux.  In particular, Ubuntu.

Even a way to access something like the temperature sensors via lm-sensors would be nice.  I actually have a 7-year old corsair power supply that I can query via lmsensors without any extra configuration so maybe iCUE wouldn't be a huge leap?

• 4 weeks later...

(Prologue: I bought a Harpoon RGB a few hours ago. It did'n work properly under Windows 7* so I downloaded and installed the last version of the iCUE package that supports Windows 7. Now it works nicely. (It worked out-of-the-box on Windows 10** and Linux*** - Yay! A quick test showed that some settings survive unplugging (from Windows 7) and re-plugging (into Windows-10) but some do not: The dpi-settings survived, the color changing mode did not.)

So, after a look at the installed iCUE package I noticed many files beginning with "QT5". QT is multiplatform, Linux included, I think it was even born under Linux. So i wondered whether a version for Linux existed.

NOPE.

I wonder why not. Building it should be a snap, at least the UI. Not sure about the hardware API but since there already is a Mac Version and the mouse works out-of-the-box, that should be doable with little effort. At least for one specific system, say, a certain version of Ubuntu. What might be the reason for the denial? No interest? That would be bad, you'd alienate Linux users.

So, here is my +1 for a Linux version of iCUE. I don't really need it because the mouse works, but after I had seen what it can do, I'd like to have it. (Had the mouse not worked under Linux, I would have been forced to return it.)

*: I know. I still need Windows 7 for stuff I don't want explain here. This is where the Harpoon MUST work.

**: I have another mouse in use on that laptop. The Harpoon doesn't need to work there.

***: Just tried for a quick test before I installed iCUE on Windows 7. I'll do more tests later on. The Harpoon must work here, too.

Edited by T. Logan

• 4 weeks later...

This is an easy win for you guys.  Just give the foundation and the community will do the rest.  We have gaming now and the numbers will only be growing here on out., RGB control is the final piece, and Corsair could be the first to do it.

Please respond

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't do this and half/no support from vendors usually don't bother me that much, but after screening the comments I felt compelled to create one account myself, been using Linux for over 20 years now and just got a Corsair HS80 Wireless and it  hurts me that I have to get to a Windows to install that iCue Bloatware which renders my i7 notebook unusable for a whole minute every time I open it to change the EQ or turn those led things off which will come right back up when i'm  back on Linux. Gratz.

Cmon Corsair, this is getting ridiculous now, the linux user base is enormous now, just get us something to work with and community shall build itself.

Regards and tough ❤️ from Brazil.

I'll do my part by also requesting this feature. I have a total of 13 corsair products connected to my PC, and not being to control the lighting/performance of any of them when booting into Linux really sucks. Hardware profiles are great for compatibility, and they work okay some devices. But lots of functionality is lost, and not all devices can store hardware profiles.

Others have already talked about how Linux gaming is growing in popularity, and the trend only continues. From a commercial standpoint, dismissing the Linux community just makes no sense anymore.

The fact that there is a macOS iCue client, a closed platform that is openly anti-modification and anti-gaming, but not a Linux iCue client seems even more off-base. Macs can't even utilize half of Corsair's products.

I understand development (especially driver validation) takes time, but some peace-at-mind that it's being worked on would be nice. Corsair's silence on this issue has already convinced me to start swapping out my peripherals and lighting as I upgrade to products that work with open-source solutions.

7 minutes ago, thekraken8him said:

The fact that there is a macOS iCue client, a closed platform that is openly anti-modification and anti-gaming, but not a Linux iCue client seems even more off-base. Macs can't even utilize half of Corsair's products.

And some products that are supported are not fully supported.. with limited features because of OS limitations.

So.. "not delivering the same experience as within windows" wouldn't be a good excuse 🙂

Besides i don't know any mac users around me. Linux users, i can think of a dozen.

Maybe a big company has more leverage than a bigger but clustered user base with no single representation.. The move would have to come from corsair alone with no commercial enticement, hence the lack of response.

personally i don't care about Linux support, but as time passes, it makes less and less sense not to support it.

Now that I have a Steam Deck I'm really enjoying playing it on my TV from the couch but would love to use my MMO Corsair mouse and rebind some keys with iCUE. Would be HUGE to get this functionality on Linux. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Thanks

• 1 month later...

add my name to the list of linux gamers

and just a side note, the fact that this thread has been going for 2 years and has this many people, cosair clearly doesnt care what we think or else they would have made a icue compatable with linux, heck make icue open source so i can make a linux version, its not hard once someone decides they want to do it

so thank you corsair for proving that yall care about money and dont give a **** about gamers or what they want

thank you

+1 I would like Linux support. I just built my first PC that is mostly Corsair. Next time I'll do my research first and buy components with proper Linux support. Sooooooooo, now I have to sell all of this off and buy a different brand. I will never use windows because it gives me nothing but problems. It's been said in this thread many times, just give the bare minimum to the community and they will handle the rest.

• Like 1

I recently bought HS35 Stereo headset. In the desc they said it has support for "PC", but no! What a scam! Tbh I loved Corsair, but with failing PSU, and lacking software support for Linux, NEVER again. Also I will let you all know that the support told me they will not support Linux. Not at all. All they did was to apologize.

• Corsair Employee
On 11/4/2022 at 2:45 AM, Wolveskji said:

I recently bought HS35 Stereo headset. In the desc they said it has support for "PC", but no! What a scam! Tbh I loved Corsair, but with failing PSU, and lacking software support for Linux, NEVER again. Also I will let you all know that the support told me they will not support Linux. Not at all. All they did was to apologize.

The HS35 Stereo headset is an analog, stereo headset, and has no iCUE support in any operating system.

I'm a software engineer working in one of the largest projects in crypto. Over the years, I have purchased well over $10,000 in corsair parts, including 2 systems with full Corsair Hydro X custom water loops. The main reason I'm running dual boot systems at the moment (linux + windows) is to run iCUE and reconfigure my hardware settings like fan curves, key bindings, lighting and the like. As you can understand, this is a major inconvenience. Someone might argue that Corsair is a major contributor to the low adoption rate of linux in desktop computers and the gaming community. Please support the community and get this fixed asap.

IMG_20200604_235937.jpg

IMG_20200604_205656.jpg

IMG_20170607_015707.jpg

IMG_20200609_030709.jpg