Corsair Community

Important features needed

Piplos

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Add me to this list please. In particular, I'm interested in all RGB going OFF when Win + L.

I would prefer that my RGB settings persist when my computer is locked. For aesthetic reasons, but also practical ones. For example, turning off my keyboard lighting entirely undoes my highlighting of certain keys.

With what will wind up being around 32+ fans in my case when I'm done with this build, plus all the other RGB stuff, I guess I'd it all to show what I set up even when I'm away from my computer.

My objection is not having an option other than the rainbow effect, which I find personally find an irritating effect. And who wants to spend all that money on a ton of RBG-enabled hardware to be irritated by it when the system is locked and one's working on another machine?

I mean, my iCue setting hold after i boot off, they are the same when I boot, but quickly become out of sync until I have iCue running on the OS. My problem is that I use an effect for the ram on my color profile and it always defaults to random colors instead of the single color i told it to use. moderately annoying.

I mean, my iCue setting hold after i boot off, they are the same when I boot, but quickly become out of sync until I have iCue running on the OS. My problem is that I use an effect for the ram on my color profile and it always defaults to random colors instead of the single color i told it to use. moderately annoying.

That's the sequential effect, yes? If so, it's a known bug and it's on the list.

Please, add me to this list. I have 11 fans hd120 and 10 LED strips. When I turn on the PC it's definitely too bright and this rainbows effect scares me... with Asus Aura I do not have this problem, even from the level of bios/UEFI, my motherboard's LED, lights up the way I like it, only Corsair's stuff spoils this effect

Please, add me to this list. I have 11 fans hd120 and 10 LED strips. When I turn on the PC it's definitely too bright and this rainbows effect scares me... with Asus Aura I do not have this problem, even from the level of bios/UEFI, my motherboard's LED, lights up the way I like it, only Corsair's stuff spoils this effect

Thanks, added to the list. I don't have problems with AURA either.

I also complained about that issue.

iCUE should be able to write to Node Pro's hardware memory just like the old Corsair software could.

HW memory was a key feature of some of Corsair's products and I feel betrayed that after so long iCUE is out we still don't have one of the most important features.

Add me to as well.

Maybe Corsair wakes up and finally makes iCUE useful.

I also complained about that issue.

iCUE should be able to write to Node Pro's hardware memory just like the old Corsair software could.

HW memory was a key feature of some of Corsair's products and I feel betrayed that after so long iCUE is out we still don't have one of the most important features.

Add me to as well.

Maybe Corsair wakes up and finally makes iCUE useful.

I feel betrayed as well. Now all we have is buggy software that uses 10% of CPU for nothing.

Never again Corsair in my life.

Im going to get onboard with the grievance of having the lighting effect switching to full rainbow when booting or shutting down the system. I strongly feel that this is what make the few people that dislike RGB dislike them to in the first place. The idea behinnd RGB lighting in a particular build is to have total control over the color scheme and have the versatility that can accomidate anyones needs. The fact that one cannot set the lighting profile and have the system disply ONLY that profile at all times or have it defult to completely off when booting or shutting down pretty much sucks. I am switching over from NZXT Hue+ and the Hue+ does not do this. This needs fixing soon. Im embarrased to show off my new multi thousand dollar build until it does.

There are several other issues that should be dealt with as well, but I understand that things take time to fix. Ine issue at a time and I feel that this should be the first one fixed as it is the most disappointing problem of them all that Ive seen so far with the new Corsair RGB lighting system.

I agree with everyone on their complaints about iCue

But the biggest issue that brothers me is how ICUE crashes on every reboot, then creates a .dmp file. Then starts back up and runs fine. Windows does NOT crash at all, its just iCUE software that crashes, then starts back up and works fine. All within the 1st 1min of booting up. Also on any restart too.

I created a ticket for this issue, and Corsair replied back telling me they would get back to me in TWO Business days.... Well its been 4 days since then and no reply back of any kind....

this is on Version 3.8.91 Sounds like a driver issue to me.

add me to the list also...

yeah hardware profiles would be great,i hate that the profiles first kicks in when icue starts up... this would also save alot of cpu for many users...

since the latest update i noticed the lights go dark for a second, when u start icue, right before the icue profile kicks in...

before the update it didnt went dark before switching...

i also noticed the hardware rainbow is quite different then then the rainbowspiral...i personally like the hardware rainbow better then the rainbowspiral... they should change the rainbowspirl so it looks like the hardware rainbow...

i also have problem with the order of the led channels..... for example i have 6 strips (1channel) runnign through commander pro and 6 strip (1channel) runnign through lightning node pro... i cant change the order of the devices...i the commander alwaqys lights up first... the ability to change the order of the devices would be awesome...

I agree with everyone on their complaints about iCue

But the biggest issue that brothers me is how ICUE crashes on every reboot, then creates a .dmp file. Then starts back up and runs fine. Windows does NOT crash at all, its just iCUE software that crashes, then starts back up and works fine. All within the 1st 1min of booting up. Also on any restart too.

I created a ticket for this issue, and Corsair replied back telling me they would get back to me in TWO Business days.... Well its been 4 days since then and no reply back of any kind....

this is on Version 3.8.91 Sounds like a driver issue to me.

Yeah, everyone in this forum except Corsair fanboys agree there are incompetent and unqualified developers working on this so called "software"

add me to the list also...

Added. Thank you! :)

Members: 195,111 in total..

you have 21 people in your list lol...

must mean the other 195,090 members are Fan Boys (or Girls) lol.

You must be very smart.

Ok, assuming you're serious, then open another thread and do a list of people who actually do like this issue. We'll compare it to the list in this thread.

I feel i don't need to prove my self to be be honest.

my iCue/Link FAQ Thread has 97,182 views.. if you quarter that number.. potentially that's a lot of people that came for help.. got help and didn't come and add their name to your list?.... or indeed post in my thread anything about software issues...

now i am not saying what you guys are saying is wrong... just saying that the statement "everyone in this forum" is far from a true figure.... 0.01% lol.... just saying mate...

Yeah, everyone in this forum except Corsair fanboys agree there are incompetent and unqualified developers working on this so called "software"

Added. Thank you! :)

Piplos - Constructive feedback and getting people to collectively voice their opinion about the issues that bother them most is a great way to put those issues higher on the list for Corsair to fix, improve, or add.

Though insulting the people and being toxic has no place here. Please keep it nice. Lastly software development is not an easy thing to do, especially in an open and diverse hardware environment like the PC.

You see MS's recent patch: https://www.pcmag.com/g00/news/364270/microsoft-pauses-buggy-windows-10-update-thats-deleting-fil?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d&i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=23

And even if the workstation is locked, fan curves still run in the background from the service, regardless of the lighting.

And boom there is the answer. Why can't this be done with the RGBs then????

Also add me to the list. I've only had this setup for 3 days and it infuriates me that I spent 100s of dollars for customized lighting to have it go full rainbow disco when my monitor enters power savings mode. If anything the default should be RGBs off and then there would not be this issue.

My fix is I have turned off monitor power savings mode in Windows and I am manually pressing the power button on my monitor now. I shouldn't have to do that.

Yes its not a bug per say, but it is very very very annoying and will cause Corsair to lose tons of sells as I have told everyone I know not to buy any Corsair lighting of any kind until the issue is fixed as I am sure thousands of others have as well. It is in Corsair's best interest to fix this quickly and it can't be that hard of a fix. Change default lighting to Off, keep USB connected when monitor goes into power save, or tons of other options. Just do something.

I was thinking of going all Corsair on my next build because I love the customization possibilities of iCUE, but that is $1000+ they won't get from me if this isn't fixed quickly.

I suggest everyone that doesn't like this "feature" submit a ticket stating it is an issue so they are fully aware we hate this "feature".

I am not even sure if I want to respond to your smart phone analogy... its a bit off since computer parts functions way differently from a smart phone.

But I will address your # users that are not happy with this default rainbow effect. CORSAIR has been known to listen to their customers for many years now. We've proven that in the last decade by releasing multiple product lines that are based on our customer's suggestions. We do value our customer's feedback whether it's positive or negative, we all take them into consideration and evaluate them for future implementation. So to be fair, you've got a valid point on this particular topic and like what I said on my previous post, I will pass this along to the right personnel so they can go over it and decide whether this feature will stay or not. Knowing how the process works, the team will have to evaluate this and determine if changing this feature will benefit the product or not. We'll just have to wait and see in the future if it's staying or not,

And I wouldn't call it a "bug" either, because it doesn't really cause any problems to any of the components when the rainbow effect kicks in. Saying that it is a bug or an issue is a bit of a stretch, a bit misleading if you ask me. I would call it a bug myself if It's a indeed a bug. But in this case.

It's not a bug correct, but you're killing potential customers here. I have never purchased anything other than USB thumb drives from Corsair previously and watched a review on iCUE and thought wow I want that customization. I spent $300 and got what I wanted, installed it, and am now dealing with this rainbow disco anytime my monitor goes into power saving mode instead of the customization I purchased the products for. I will never purchase Corsair again and I have already filed a return request with Amazon since it looks as if this issue has been ongoing for months with no fix.

Losing customers should be a HUUUUUGE priority for you Corsair guy or do you not care about layoffs and companies going under? Tech companies especially can go from top of the class to bankruptcy super fast. I suggest you change your mindset to customer retention instead of arguing with customers over if it's a bug or a feature. It may mean the difference between keeping a job or not. Highly unprofessional and turns me off to your company even more. Bottom line is customers voiced a complaint, all you should do is say we got it and provide a status if you have it. You should never argue with customers if you want to keep them.

It has and still is being worked on. I can elaborate why its taking so long:

1.) We are not reusing LINK lighting patterns to save to the device due to the newer options of iCUE. We have to translate instead all of the lighting patterns from scratch to ensure the devices can use them as "hardware mode" for all of our strips and fans.

2.) We are working to add LL fans for hardware effects, something LINK couldn't do and is a new enhancement to better serve all your needs.

3.) We are not going to allow this to be toggleable per fan due to the hardware limitations. What we are going to do is you can select an effect and have it play all over your strips and fans as one effect overall (i.e., Wave will play over X number fans, X being the fans you designated in Lighting Setup). You cannot do Wave on Fan 1, Rainbow on Fan 2, etc. anymore. However, since software opened up a plethora of new effects, we felt this was a good compromise.

4.) This is currently still in development and undergoing massive testing since its all new code for this feature. I understand a lot of you are awaiting for this feature and I have not ignored it, but it will take some time to implement this in addition to all of our other features and enhancements. As you can see from the patch notes, iCUE is a massive beast that has many moving parts.

Why not just do a hotfix to allow the user to change the default to "Off" instead of "Rainbow" while you work on the permanent fix of translating code? Off can't be that hard to implement can it?

Archived