Corsair Community

Hi & quick question

dezertpunk

Just joined these forums today after purchasing a h75 to replace my pos water pump. I'm getting upwards of 15-deg cooler under load so thanks for the great product so far. This is probably going to sound stupid but do I need to install any 3rd party software for my new cpu cooler? I had to plug the 3pin from pump into the 4pin sys fan but after doing research it looked fine to install this way & so far all seems well. I know enough about PC's to do most of the basic hardware & software upgrades/replacements but I'm new to water cooling & this is the first time replacing a pump & radiator. I wasn't sure if I should post this here for the greeting or under water cooling so if it needs to be moved I apologies.

You are fine. The pump lead is DC and thus the 3 pin. You can plug that into your motherboard 4 pin header, as long as you follow the plastic guide strips on the connector. If your motherboard has BIOS software that lets you select fan header mode between DC or PWM, make sure the header connected to the pump is on DC or set to maximum 12V is some other way.

Only the "i" or GT/GTX designated models have software controls and that doesn't make the system run any cooler. You can enjoy maximum performance the way you are.

Thanks for the quick replies. At the risk of sounding like a salesman, after this I can see why everyone seems to go with Corsair. That was the easiest time I've ever had installing any hardware on any pc. It'll be nice when I can upgrade my ddr3. I'll post in the right place to ask about that though ; )

Archived