Corsair Community

Automatic Profiles not working

CraigNobbs

Hello everyone,

I've read through pages of these forms and searched for something similar to what I have as my setup, but I'm not certain that they were close enough. I'll start with my issue: The automatic profiles do not switch when the program that that they are assigned to is running and/or has focus.

I've confirmed that the setting "Automatic profile switching" is on and have even turned it off and back on again, to no avail. I've confirmed that I have the correct application exe files selected in the various profiles not by just the launching shortcut exe file, but using Task Manager to confirm which exe file is running and its location.

I've also deleted and recreated all of the profiles, but that too didn't help.

I have three monitors @ 1200p using DisplayPort (1,2,3) and one TV @ 1080p using HDMI (4). The 1080p TV is connected to the system but currently disabled using the Windows Screen Resolution settings page (I only connect this when I want to watch movies and such). My primary monitor (#1) and my TV (#4) are connected to my GTX770, while the other monitors (#2 & #3) are connected to my Quadro 2000. This setup works without issue for everything else.

I have found threads stating the CUE has issues working when different resolutions on multi-monitor setups are present, but as my TV is disabled, I don't think that applies (though I could easily be wrong). I have the latest version of CUE (v1.15.36 at time of post). I have the latest drivers for all hardware including video. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1 with all updates. My three monitors are all the same make and model, where as my TV is obviously different.

I would try with only 1 monitor if you can, that would rule out any possible monitor resolution related issues.

After that, do you have any fullscreen program open? Or maybe some capture image application? For example I found that having JING open windows/CUE always sees it as a fullscreen active program, and it never switches profiles automatically unless I close it.

Are you using any sort of software (such as displayfusion) for your multimonitor setup? If so, try disabling it and see if auto profile switching works. Also, if it's not too much trouble - see if the auto profile switching works when only one monitor is connected (I would unplug them just to be safe)

Hi there,

I just signed in today and was looking for a solution to my problem and i found this post which is almost exactly the problem that I am facing.

I bought a scimitar mouse and happily created 3 profiles:

1)Desktop

-> Firefox (INTERNET BROWSER)

2)Ark Survival

-> Ark Survival evolved (GAME)

3)LOL

-> Leauge of legends (GAME)

Everything is working except the automatic profile change when starting either of those programs.

Profile 1 is linked to firefox, 2 is linked to Ark Sruvival evolved and 3 is linked to leauge of legends. I tried both connecting them to the shortcut and to the .exe and also tried starting both of them directly. Neither of those options worked.

I only have 1 Monitor. However i have a second usb mouse "Razor" and a microphone "meteor" (disconnecting them and restarting cue didnt work)

My programs in the tray are:

AVG, Skype, Realtek HD audio-manager,eartrumpet, NVIDIA GForce Expiriance(also tried it when it was closed. didnt work),steam,openoffice, somethin set energy mode like turbo and cue of course.

I tried starting ARK in fullscreen mode and in windowed fullscreen but neither of those options worked.

I tried starting everything as administrator. didnt change anything

I connected the mouse to an usb2 port since i read s1 in this forum that it wont recognize the keys when inserted into an usb3 port

Restarting cue and even restarting the pc didnt help.

I tried the samething on my lenovo notebook still no success. same problem as on the desktop pc. both are running on windows 10 64bit but have different try programs since the notebook is mostly for working and only occasionally playing (trips).

I hope someone can help me

either way thank you for your time and effort trying to help

The OP confirmed he has automatic profile switching enabled, could you please confirm it too before we go ahead and try to think of possible causes?

I've confirmed that the setting "Automatic profile switching" is on and have even turned it off and back on again, to no avail. I've confirmed that I have the correct application exe files selected in the various profiles not by just the launching shortcut exe file, but using Task Manager to confirm which exe file is running and its location.

I've tested all of those out and none of them worked. After thinking about different processes and the fact that LoL has several that run while either the launcher client or game client are running, I cycled through the different exe files as the target for the profiles.

I eventually found that the following exe files are the various windows that get focus and thus trigger the automatic profile switching:

Launcher:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0.1.186\deploy\LoLClient.exe

Game:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.1.119\deploy\League of Legends.exe

I hope that this helps someone else with their LoL issues.

Just a suggestion to the CUE team: In the window where you select the exe file as the target of the profile, the ability to target a window and have CUE determine the correct exe file would help. Since you already have the APIs built in to CUE to determine when the selected exe file has focus, adding this is fairly straight forward. Just sayin...

Thanks for helping with the various suggests to those who responded. Your efforts are appreciated.

Hi again,

In cue I went to profile -> edit profil -> and checked the box "link profil to program" and clicked browse and looked for the exe file "shootergame.exe" (Ark Survival evolved ).

as CraigNobbs suggested i will look for different .exe file in the installation folder and will report back if i get it to run. also i will try the lol solution CraigNobbs provided and see if I can replicate the solution.

If you find something in the meantime please tell me.

Thanks for all your support and posts

till then have a nice day

Ok,

I tried allmost every .exe file i could find in ARK Survival evolved sadly nothing was working for me.

Also the suggestion of CraigNobbs to use the .exe files from the project and the solutions folder isn't working for me either.

so if no one else has a clue what might be the problem i guess it has something to do with my system or a compatibility issue with a program.

my solution is to spare a key and i have to switch them manually. kinda suks but it does the job.

thanks for all your help i appriciate it.

I also have problems with automatic profiles. I'll paste here the ticket that I have sent to support corsair. Perhaps some may have the same problem as me, and the fault is explorer.exe.

I have created multiple profiles, all linked to a program (except the default profile, it isn't linked to a program). One profile is linked to iexplore.exe, other profile is linked to bf4.exe, and other to WINWORD.exe

When I turn on my computer, the Corsair Utility Engine Works fine. The autoprofile works correctly. The problem starts when I use some metro App, like, for example, music, or Outlook, or the store, etc. Once I open an app, Corsair Utility Engine turns crazy.

In the case of the 'Music' application, when the application is playing music in the background, Corsaur Utility Engine fails to obtain the focus of the program in which I am, for example, Internet Explorer, and the CUE shows the default profile. When finally I close the music application (bringing the application to the lower right corner and waiting a few seconds), Automatic profiles work again.

However the problem is not always 'solved'. If I open the store or mail application, although I close them again, automatic profiles do not return to work. I have to restart the CUE or my computer.

Then I "found the problem": explorer.exe

I created a new profile linked to explorer.exe. and after using the metro apps, this profile is activated. Always. I can be playing battlefield or using internet explorer like now, but the focus is on explorer.exe.

The problem is not that automatic profiles do not work. The problem is that the CUE think I'm using explorer.exe, but NOT.

I hope I explained better now. Thank you.

I'm Spanish, If something is wrong or you don't understand tell me.

I think this is the same issue I noticed before with another app of mine I use (Jing), the program somehow remains active in background somehow "fullscreen" and when that happens CUE stops switching profile automatically.

Metro apps most likely work in a similar way, infact when you close them the app still remains in the background and is not completely closed.

I have more information about the League of Legends automatic profile switching.

I had it working as of my last post, but it stopped working shortly thereafter. After going through some basic stuff, I realized that League patch 6.4 was released and that the launcher client and the game client both had their installed directories changed. When LoL updates the launcher or the game clients, they change the directory name to the new version number which breaks the automatic profiles. This happens because the previously valid directory path now, no longer exists after an update.

The only way to fix that it to point the profile at the exe files in the new directories. I've included them below for anyone who needs them.

Game exe path for 4.6

C:\Program Files (x86)\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.1.121\deploy\League of Legends.exe

Launcher exe path for 4.6

C:\Program Files (x86)\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0.1.187\deploy\LolClient.exe

Note to CUE dev team. Can you please add a feature where a profile can be triggered using just the exe file name instead of needing the whole path please? It'd also be really nice if you could allow us to attach more than one application to a profile, and allow wildcards within the name selection. Lastly, it'd also be nice if the directory box could be edited without having to browse for the exe file.

[...]

Note to CUE dev team. Can you please add a feature where a profile can be triggered using just the exe file name instead of needing the whole path please? It'd also be really nice if you could allow us to attach more than one application to a profile, and allow wildcards within the name selection. Lastly, it'd also be nice if the directory box could be edited without having to browse for the exe file.

I totally agree with this part ::pirate::

• 3 months later...

I would like to bump this thread. I just bought my Corsair Strafe RGB and just like the OP, I made sure that "automatic profile switching" is turned on. At launch it loads the default setup (i think since this is the setup of the keyboard when i got it from the store when i haven't installed the utility app yet). with the wasd and arrow keys set to white, and the corsair logo to yellow.

I did noticed that at startup of my system or at first launch of the corsair gaming utility app, sometimes the profile or profile AND Action tabs are grayed out. I have to restart the app for profile switching to work and for the app to load my profiles.

It would be of great help if anyone has a fix for this. thanks :D

Archived